Biological products or biologics are therapeutic preparations that consist of natural complex biomolecules derived from living things. Active pharmaceutical ingredients (API), vaccines serum, and hematological products (whole blood and plasma derivatives), recombinant DNA products, cell cultures (micro-organisms or eukaryotic cells), gene therapy and cell therapy products, antigens, allergens, antivenoms, etc. are some examples of biological products. Due to the recent advances in supply chain management and favorable federal regulations, the biological products manufacturing industry has become a lucrative market for startups, contractual manufacturing companies, and strategic collaborations, equipped with skilled workers and affordable pricing. Increase in investments for R&D by various organizations, with an aim of manufacturing cost reduction and economical yet sustainable biological product manufacturing are serving as opportunities for many companies and collaborations in biological product manufacturing industries.
Major market players in the global biological product manufacturing market have various advantages such as cutting edge technologies, superior research and development, technologically advanced instruments, and skilled workforce to ensure proper assembly and delivery of the product. The biological product manufacturing market is driven by extensive R&D, along with increasing demand from health care providers across the world for advanced biological products, and growing focus by market players to provide quality products. However, competitive costs of therapeutic products, requirement of highly skilled labor for high value low volume biological product manufacturing, limited availability foreign capital, and stringent regulatory affairs regarding the manufacture of biological products are restraining the global biological product manufacturing market.
The global biological product manufacturing market has been segmented based on product type, end-user, application, and region. In terms of product type, the market is classified into bio-pharmaceutical products and biotechnological/biological products. The bio-pharmaceutical products segment includes vaccines, immunoglobulins, serum and other blood related product, allergens, antigens, antivenoms, and toxoids. The biotechnological/biological products segment includes micro-organism or eukaryotic cell culture, recombinant DNA technology products, gene therapy product, and cell therapy product. The biopharmaceuticals products segment accounted for the largest share of the global biological product manufacturing market. Based on end-user, the biological product manufacturing market has been segmented into hospitals, research and academic institutes, clinics and specialty trials, diagnostic labs, and others. The hospitals end-user segment accounted for the largest share of the global biological product manufacturing market, followed by research and academic institutes.
Superior technological advancements serve as a major opportunity in the biological product manufacturing market. Rising incidence of chronic diseases across the world, availability of better diagnostic facilities, advances in the drug discovery and pharmaceutical R&D sector, and rising government initiatives are some of the factors attributed to the high growth of the biological product manufacturing market. Increasing focus on discovery of heat labile or temperature sensitive products, advanced biopharmaceutical research in medicine, and invention of effective means to treat various diseases are expected to boost the growth of the biological product manufacturing market.
In terms of region, the global biological product manufacturing market has been segmented into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. The market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a higher CAGR during the forecast period driven by factors such as low labor cost, less capital investment for manufacturing, increasing adoptions of new techniques in manufacturing of biological product, and favorable governmental policies. North America dominated the global biological product manufacturing market in 2015 due to factors such as new and technologically advanced products introduced in the market, significant investments in research and development of advanced products, and increasing patient demand for better health care facilities.
Key players in the biological product manufacturing market are Lonza, Advanced Life Sciences Holdings, Inc., Pfizer, Inc., Johnson & Johnson, Invitrogen, Amgen, Abbott Laboratories, Piramal Healthcare, and Shenhua Group Corp. Ltd.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.