Biologic Imaging Reagents Market: Introduction
- Biologic imaging reagents are substances utilized by researchers or by medical practitioners to conduct diagnostic or research based activities. Biologic imaging reagents play a significant role in the healthcare, biotechnological & life science sector. They provide significant assistance in the detection of biological processes at a molecular level.
- The biologic imaging reagents market can be segmented based on type, technology, end-user, and region. Based on type, the biologic imaging reagents market can be categorized into nuclear reagents, contrast reagents, optical reagents, and others. The contrast reagents segment can be further sub-segmented into MRI, optical imaging, X-ray & CT, ultrasound, nuclear, and others. Based on end user, the market can be categorized into research & academic institutes, diagnostic laboratories, life science companies, imaging centers, and others. Based on technology, the market can be split into fluorescent dyes & probes, fluorescent proteins, radiopharmaceuticals, quantum dots, and nanoparticles.
Key Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities of Global Biologic Imaging Reagents Market
- Technological advances in biologic imaging reagents are occurring at a rapid pace. These technologies involve microfluidics, protein engineering, biologic targeting, nanotechnology, and supramolecular chemistry. Rapid development in technology has already transformed the biologic imaging industry by the formation of newer imaging reagents and offering significant opportunities. The higher growth rate witnessed by the biologic imaging reagents market has resulted in the adoption of customized medicine, which demands a molecular approach regarding the early diagnosis & monitoring of drugs. Similarly, the impact of continuous advancement in proteomics as well as in genomics are generating biomarkers of diseases. This source of biologic targets could be exploited by biologic imaging reagents for the diagnosis of early plaques formed in Alzheimer’s disease or the early detection of cancerous cells.
- The increasing pursuit of excellent technology for the diagnosis of multiple kind of ailments including nervous system, malignancy, heart blood vessel disorders and the increasing symptomatic imaging method, rising expenditure in analysis projects for updating the therapeutics and growing consciousness amidst the population with regards to the benefits of imaging technology are key factors that are projected to boost the biologic imaging reagents market during the forecast period. Meanwhile, the higher costs and funding requirements are estimated to hamper the market, while continuous enhancement in the diagnosis section of the same is likely to offer significant opportunity.
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Biologic Imaging Reagents Market
- North America dominated the global biologic imaging reagents market, in terms of share, due to the availability of complex healthcare infrastructure, patient awareness levels, and rise in high per capita healthcare expenditure. Furthermore, rapid adoption of numerous types of modalities by end-users, technological improvements, and an increase in cases of chronic diseases including cardiovascular disease and cancer in the region are attributed to the dominant share held by North America. Europe followed North America, in terms of share of the global biologic imaging reagents market owing to rising research and development activities in the region.
- However, the market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period owing to the presence of unmet medical needs and rising economic growth, which is assisting healthcare infrastructure enhancement in countries including India and China. Rise in lucrative opportunity for clinical and preclinical trials observational studies at lower costs and government support in research and development activities are further boosting the biologic imaging reagents market in the region.
Key Players Operating in Global Biologic Imaging Reagents Market
The global biologic imaging reagents market is highly fragmented, with the presence of various key players. A large number of manufacturers hold a major share in their respective regions. Major players operating in the global biologic imaging reagents market are:
- Bracco Spa
- Lantheus Holdings, Inc.
- General Electric Company
- Siemens AG
- Bayer AG
- CMC Contrast AB
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Shimadzu Corporation
- Koninklijke Philips N.V.
Global Biologic Imaging Reagents Market: Research Scope
Global Biologic Imaging Reagents Market, by Type
- Nuclear Reagents
- Contrast Reagents
- Optical Imaging
- X-ray & CT
- Optical Reagents
Global Biologic Imaging Reagents Market, by End-user
- Research & Academic Institutes
- Diagnostic Laboratories
- Life Science Companies
- Imaging Centers
Global Biologic Imaging Reagents Market, by Technology
- Fluorescent Dyes & Probes
- Fluorescent Proteins
- Quantum Dots
Global Biologic Imaging Reagents Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East &Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.