Biogas Market (Source: Municipal Waste, Animal Waste, Agricultural Waste, and Others; and End Use: Power Generation, Cogeneration, Heat, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020-2030
Press Release :
Climate Change Influencing Adoption of Biogas to Prevent Future Coronavirus-like Outbreaks
Climate change is predicted to influence the occurrence of future coronavirus-like situations. This has led to increased emphasis on the adoption of biogas. Companies in the biogas market are capitalizing on this opportunity, as they are becoming aware about combined impacts of rapid demographics, and societal and technological changes. There is a growing awareness about events such as the World Biogas eFestival, which was organized by the World Biogas Association in May 2020.
Companies in the biogas market are unlocking growth opportunities in developing countries where a significant percentage of the population still relies on traditional firewood for domestic purposes such as cooking fuel. Nepal’s biogas plant, Gandaki Urja Pvt. Ltd., is gaining recognition for distributing compressed biogas to customers in Pokhra.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Biogas Market
High Capital Investment, Explosion Risks Affect Market Growth
The biogas market is estimated to advance at a robust CAGR of 9% during the forecast period. However, the implementation of biogas is met with high capital investment for purchasing and installing biodigester. Stakeholders also need to comply with stringent safety and emission regulations, since the biodigester appears to be at explosion risk. As such, biogas is considered as a safe technology, and the concentration of methane is much less as compared to the LPG (Liquefied Petroleum Gas).
Companies in the biogas market are targeting rural communities to set up plants, as biogas helps in effective management of growing biomass volumes.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Funding from Public Authorities Encouraging Private Sector Investors to Expand Business
The biogas market is predicted to cross valuation of US$ 10.6 Bn by the end of 2030. Startups and companies are taking keen interest to understand financing and business models for biogas. Funding from public authorities is encouraging private sector investors to have a natural interest in investing in new plants, owing to promising potentials of a profitable economic framework.
It has been found that biogas plants that treat municipal bio-waste are more expensive to run as compared to agricultural biogas plants, since the municipal waste is contaminated with plastics and must be cleared prior to anaerobic digestion. Hence, companies in the biogas market are seeking finance from public authorities with a combination of revenue for the treatment of waste and a revenue for the sale of renewable gas or renewable electricity & heat.
Multi-gas Measuring Probes Optimize Process of Biomass Conversion
Responding to waste management issues and achieving low greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions are challenging. Companies in the biogas market are taking advantage of this opportunity to develop instruments that contribute to a circular economy. Vaisala Oyj- a Finland-based company that develops environmental and industrial measurement, is gaining recognition for its Vaisala MGP261, which is a multi-gas probe for measuring methane, carbon dioxide, and humidity in demanding environments.
Companies in the biogas market are boosting their R&D capabilities to develop instruments that optimize and monitor the entire process of biomass conversion by responding to changes in gas composition and humidity.
Remote Monitoring Systems for Small Scale Bio-digesters Reduce Operational Expenses
Stakeholders in the biogas market are gauging incremental opportunities in Africa and India. Connected Energy- a U.K.-based start-up specializing in smart metering technology is increasing efforts to reduce operational costs for energy service providers and increase localization of the value chain. Venture capitalists are empowering local companies to gain full control, while putting together their own product packages to make it available in local markets.
Companies in the biogas market are increasing their research efforts to develop remote monitoring systems for small-scale biodigester in order to collect data about what is being fed and highlight its faults. Such systems are lowering operational expenses of biodigester.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Biogas Market
South Africa is witnessing continuation of new domestic biodigester installations that are constructed by trainee technicians. As such, East Africa holds lucrative opportunities for companies in the biogas market. However, high operational costs and steady dominance of international companies are impacting these business opportunities. Hence, companies should develop remote monitoring systems that facilitate affordable and integrated communication of small-scale biodigester in case of any faults in the machinery. Biogas companies are introducing pay-per-unit metering in domestic households of East Africa. Remote monitoring systems are gaining popularity for their cost-efficient way of verifying and monetizing greenhouse gas emissions offset.
Biogas Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest research report on the global biogas market for the forecast period of 2020 to 2030, increase in usage of biogas in automobile and power generation industries is expected to boost the global biogas market during the forecast period
- Companies around the world have been investing significantly in R&D of biogas, since the past few years in order to lower the cost of biogas. The cost of biogas has decreased over the past few years, due to technological advancements. It is anticipated to decline further in the near future. This decrease in the prices of biogas is projected to boost the global biogas market during the forecast period.
- In terms of revenue, the global biogas market is projected to surpass US$ 10.6 Bn by 2030, expanding at a CAGR of 9% during the forecast period
Rise in Awareness about Environmental Safety and Green Energy: Key Driver of Biogas Market
- Rise in awareness about green energy, and implementation of stringent government rules and regulations on emission of greenhouse gases (GHGs) and carbon are compelling companies to introduce highly effective and pollution-free energy generation methods
- Biogas is an organic, clean, and renewable source of energy. Utilization of biogas assists in addressing global environmental concerns up to a certain extent. Increase in usage of biogas and other renewable sources of energy would help reduce carbon dioxide emissions. The European Union has set a target to increase the share of renewable energy in the total energy by approximately 80% by 2050.
- Improper waste treatment can lead to health and environmental hazards. Therefore, governments of countries across the globe have enacted stringent environmental regulations regarding waste treatment.
- Increase in disposable income and standard of living of the people in developing countries has boosted the demand for waste treatment. Agricultural waste, residential waste, sewage, and industrial effluents need to be properly treated and disposed. Biogas plants offer a viable solution of converting organic waste into biogas, which can be further utilized to produce electricity and heat.
Increase in Demand for Biogas in Power Generation Application to Augment Biogas Market
- Waste material is used in biogas to generate energy and heat. Biogas is also an effective alternative to fossil fuel. It can be used in diverse applications, ranging from utility power stations to automobiles.
- Biogas can also help resolve the organic waste landfill issue by creating electricity and heat, as landfilling of waste can lead to air, land, and water pollution
- Awareness about pollution caused by fossil fuel and coal has been increasing since the past few years. Biogas releases lower emissions than combustion engines. Thus, focus on green fuel to generate power and heat has been rising. Biogas is expected to play a major role in power solutions.
- Thus, demand for biogas is estimated to increase in the near future, due to the environmental benefits it offers
Biogas Market: Competition Landscape
- Detailed profiles of manufacturers of biogas have been provided in the report to evaluate their financials, key product offerings, recent developments, and strategies
- Key players operating in the global biogas market are
- Air Liquide
- Future Biogas Limited
- PlanET Biogas Global GmbH
- WELTEC BIOPOWER GMBH
- Scandinavian Biogas Fuels International AB
- EnviTec Biogas AG
- Biofrigas Sweden AB
- Quantum Green
Biogas Market: Key Developments
- Key providers of biogas, such as Air Liquide, Wärtsilä, EnviTec Biogas AG, and Ameresco, are focusing on geographical expansion to capture untapped markets. Major developments in the global biogas market are highlighted below:
- On January 5, 2021, Wärtsilä announced that it would supply two large-scale biogas upgrading plants to different locations in Denmark. The two plants would be installed in the towns of Kvaers and Kong. These plants would upgrade more than 40 million Nm3 of biogas to biomethane each year. They would deliver around 470 GWh of green gas energy, which is equivalent to providing the fuel for more than 45,000 cars. The plants are likely to begin injecting biomethane into the Danish gas grid by 2022.
- In October 2019, Air Liquide introduced biogas purification solutions at the BioCycleREFOR19 exhibition. The company developed an efficient state-of-the-art membrane technology that makes upgrading biogas efficient and cost-effective, providing a continuous, reliable source of renewable energy.
- In the global biogas market report, we have discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of manufacturers of biogas. The ‘Competition Landscape’ section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and company market share analysis of key players operating in the global biogas market.
Biogas Market – Scope of the Report
The latest study collated and published by Transparency Market Research (TMR) analyzes the historical and present-day scenario of the global biogas market to accurately gauge its future growth. The study presents detailed information about important growth factors, restraints, and trends that are creating a landscape for future growth of the global biogas market in order to identify opportunities for market stakeholders. The report also provides insightful information about how the global biogas market would expand during the forecast period of 2020 to 2030.
The report offers intricate dynamics about different aspects of the global biogas market that aids companies operating in the global market in making strategic decisions. TMR’s study also elaborates on significant changes that are anticipated to configure growth of the global biogas market during the forecast period. It also includes key indicator assessment that highlights growth prospects for the global biogas market and estimates statistics related to growth of the global market in terms of volume (Ktoe) and value (US$ Mn).
This study covers a detailed segmentation of the global biogas market, along with key information and competition outlook. The report mentions company profiles of players that are currently dominating the global biogas market, wherein various developments, expansions, and winning strategies practiced and implemented by leading players have been presented in detail.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Report on Biogas Market
The report provides detailed information about the global biogas market on the basis of comprehensive research on various factors that are playing a key role in accelerating the market growth. Information mentioned in the report answers path-breaking questions for companies that are currently operating in the global biogas market and are looking for innovative methods to create a unique benchmark in the global market so as to help them design successful strategies and make target-driven decisions.
- Which source segment would emerge as the major revenue generator for the global biogas market during the forecast period?
- How are key market players successfully earning revenue in the competitive global biogas market?
- What would be the Y-o-Y growth trend of the global biogas market between 2020 and 2030?
- What are the winning imperatives of leading players operating in the global biogas market?
- Which end-use segment is expected to offer maximum potential to the global biogas market during the forecast period?
Research Methodology – Biogas Market
The research methodology adopted by analysts for compiling the report on the global biogas market is based on detailed primary as well as secondary research. With the help of in-depth insights of the market-affiliated information obtained and legitimated by market-admissible resources, analysts have offered riveting observations and authentic forecasts of the global biogas market.
During the primary research phase, analysts have interviewed market stakeholders, investors, brand managers, vice presidents, and sales and marketing managers. Based on the data obtained through interviews of genuine sources, analysts have emphasized the changing scenario of the global biogas market.
For secondary research, analysts have scrutinized numerous annual report publications, white papers, market association publications, and company websites to obtain the necessary understanding of the global biogas market.
Biogas Market – Segmentation
TMR’s research study assesses the global biogas market in terms of source, end use, and region. This report presents extensive market dynamics, and growth trends associated with different segments and how they are influencing growth prospects for the global biogas market.