Biodegradable Engine Oil: Introduction
- Biodegradation is a process that transforms or breaks down materials that enter the environment. The biodegradation process is carried out by microorganisms (or their enzymes) such as bacteria, yeast, protozoans, and fungi present in the environment. During the process, carbon dioxide and water are released into the environment. Manufacture of biodegradable engine oil is carried out by using biodegradable sources such as vegetable oil. Manufacturers of biodegradable engine oil are focusing on bioaccumulation and eco-toxicity to reduce adverse impacts of engine oil on the environment.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Biodegradable Engine Oil Market
- Biodegradable engine oil can be recycled after long use. Biodegradable engine oil is also durable. It can withstand extreme ranges of engine temperature and pressure. New and advanced technologies are emerging in order to reduce costs and improve the quality of biodegradable engine oil. These factors are anticipated to drive the biodegradable engine oil market during the forecast period.
- Biodegradable engine oil is prone to internal and external corrosion of engines in aggressive handling conditions. Furthermore, pipes are prone to several manufacturing defects such as leakage. A minor leak in pipes can cause excess oil to flow from the engine. These factors are hampering the market.
Global Biodegradable Engine Oil Market: Segmentation
- The global biodegradable engine oil market can be segmented based on type and application
- Based on type, the market can be segmented into vegetable oils, polyalkylene glycols, synthetic esters, and saltwater. Vegetable oils consist of natural esters and triglycerides. The chemical nature of vegetable oils varies according to the plant species such as rapeseed, sunflower, canola, and soybean. Polyalkylene glycols are manufactured by the polymerization of hydrocarbon ethylene. Hydrocarbon ethylene is a natural plant hormone. It is also called propylene oxide. Synthetic esters is considered one of the oldest biodegradable engine oils. It is produced through the esterification of bio-based materials such as modified animal fat and vegetable oil. Saltwater is used in ship stern tube systems, which use non-metallic bearings in place of metal bearings.
- Biodegradable engine oils are employed in various applications such as agriculture, transportation, and construction. The transportation segment is likely to be lucrative during the forecast period. This can be ascribed to the increase in focus of implementation of biodegradable engine oil in automobiles by manufacturers.
Global Biodegradable Engine Oil Market: Regional Segmentation
- Based on region, the global biodegradable engine oil market can be classified into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- India, China, Singapore, and Japan are emerging countries of the biodegradable engine oil market in Asia Pacific, due to rapid industrialization and urbanization in these countries
- Demand for biodegradable engine oil in North America is increasing significantly, due to plans to develop infrastructure and transportation in the region
- Demand for biodegradable engine oil is high in the U.K., Spain, Italy, Germany, and France in Europe due to rapid growth of the industrial sector in these countries. The European Union focuses on environment protection and offers subsidies to manufacturers of biodegradable engine oil. The Organization for Economic Co-operation & Development (OECD) has set certain regulatory norms in order to promote the usage of biodegradable engine oil.
- The biodegradable engine oil market in Africa and Latin America is estimated to expand in the next few years, as these regions have recovered from economic slowdown. Countries in the Middle East, especially GCC, which include Qatar, the UAE, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, and Bahrain, have substantially increased the usage of biodegradable engine oil in the development of infrastructure and transportation.
COVID-19 Impact on Biodegradable Engine Oil Market
- The coronavirus pandemic has put the world economy in distress. Demand for on-road and off-road vehicles has been negatively impacted. This has hampered the demand for biodegradable engine oil. However, demand for automobiles is gradually expected to improve with relaxations in lockdowns. This is estimated to drive the sales of biodegradable engine oil in the near future.
Key Players Operating in Market
- BP plc
- Royal Dutch Shell
- Exxon Mobil Corporation
Global Biodegradable Engine Oil Market: Research Scope
Global Biodegradable Engine Oil Market, by Type
- Vegetable Oils
- Polyalkylene Glycols
- Synthetic Esters
Global Biodegradable Engine Oil Market, by Application
Global Biodegradable Engine Oil Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.