Bio-based Enzymes Market for Detergents: Overview
- Bio-based enzymes are derived from the fermentation of genetically modified micro-organisms such as bacteria, microalgae, and fungi
- Bio-based enzymes help in breaking down of starch, protein, and fat present in stains. Bio-based enzymes are also active at lower washing temperature.
- The bio-based enzymes are widely used in detergents due to environmental friendly nature and ability to clean the surfaces by breaking down the proteins present in stains
- Detergents made of bio-based enzymes reduce the greenhouse gas emissions and also minimize the usage of non-renewable sources and chemicals
- Increase in environmental concerns due to use of chemical-based detergents have motivated the manufacturers to develop bio-based enzymes for detergents
- Bio-based enzymes in detergents are cost-effective cleaning agents with non-toxic and biodegradable nature, which reduces environmental pollution
Rise in Demand for Greener Detergents
- The bio-based enzymes market for detergents is anticipated to witness strong growth during the forecast period. Increase in consumer awareness about the harmful effects of chemical-based detergents and rise in environmental regulations are the key factors driving consumption of bio-based enzymes in the manufacture of detergents.
- Increase in preference for environmental-friendly detergents across developed and developing countries has driven the demand for bio-based enzymes for detergents.
- Usage of biodegradable detergents is a key trend in the market for bio-based enzymes for detergents. These detergents do not emit any toxins and degrade easily.
- High production cost of enzymes is a major restraint of the bio-based enzymes for detergents market. Manufacturers are using various molecular methods to develop a low cost manufacturing process that would boost the production of bio-based enzymes.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Proteases to be Lucrative Segment of Global Bio-based Enzymes Market for Detergents
- In terms of enzyme, the global bio-based enzymes market for detergents can be classified into proteases, amylases, cellulases, lipases, peroxidases, pullulanase, and others
- Proteases is anticipated to be the fastest growing segment of the global bio-based enzyme market for detergents. Proteases are primarily used for removal of stubborn protein stains on textile fibers.
Textile Segment to Account for Major Share of Global Bio-based Enzymes Market for Detergents
- Based on end-use, the global market can be categorized into agriculture, medical, textile, household, food, beverage, and dairy, and others
- The textile segment held the largest share of the global bio-based enzymes market for detergents in 2018 due to rise in applications in removing stains and bleaching
- Bio-based enzymes for detergent are widely used in the medical industry. Applications in the medical industry include cleaning of medical instruments and apparels.
North America to Account for Significant Share of Global Bio-based Enzymes Market for Detergents
- In terms of region, the global bio-based enzymes market for detergents can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is projected to account for prominent share of the global bio-based enzymes market for detergents in the near future owing to increase in consumer awareness and research & development activities. The U.S. held the largest market share of the bio-based enzymes market for detergents in North America.
- The market in Europe is anticipated to expand at a high CAGR due to strict government regulations on the detergent industry. Favorable regulations for bio-based products has also fueled the growth of the market for bio-based enzyme for detergents in the region.
- Asia Pacific offers lucrative opportunities in the market for bio-based enzyme for detergents due to rise in disposable income. However, enzyme-based detergent consumption is limited due to lack of awareness about the product.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Players in Market for Bio-based Enzyme for Detergents
The global bio-based enzymes market for detergents was highly fragmented in 2018. Prominent players operating in the global bio-based enzymes market for detergents strive to enter into partnerships for the development of innovative products.
Key players operating in the global bio-based enzymes market for detergents include:
- DuPont Nutrition & Biosciences
- Advanced Enzymes Technologies
- Americos Industries
- Catalyst Biosciences
Global Bio-based Enzymes Market for Detergents: Research Scope
Global Bio-based Enzymes Market for Detergents, by Enzyme
Global Bio-based Enzymes Market for Detergents, by End-use
- Food, Beverage, and Dairy
Global Bio-based Enzymes Market for Detergents, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.