Bio-based Transformer Oil Market: Overview
- Transformers are filled with dielectric insulating fluid, which has high resistance to electricity and heat. There are different types of transformer oils such as bio-based transformer oil, silicone-based transformer oil, and mineral-based transformer oil.
- Bio-based transformer oil is relatively new to the market. It is produced from vegetable oil feedstock. Bio-based transformer oil is an ideal replacement for mineral-oil based products, as its eco-friendly and offers superior performance.
- Companies are investing more in bio-based transformers oil, as it is resistant to fire, electricity, and heat; and is bio-degradable. Bio-based transformer oil does not contain silicone, petroleum hydrocarbons, and halogens.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Bio-based Transformer Oil Market
- Rise in industrialization and urbanization across the globe is estimated to be a key driver of the bio-based transformer oil market. Demand for transformers has been increasing significantly across the world over the last few years. This is expected to drive the bio-based transformer oil market.
- Power utilities are focusing on enhancing the safety and performance of existing & new transformers. Bio-based transformer oil provides reliable and cleaner transformer oil. This upgrade in transformers by power utilities is driving the bio-based transformer oil market.
- Mineral oil is a major substitute of bio-based transformer oil. Mineral oil becomes unstable at high voltage and heat, leading to premature degradation of the oil. This results in reduction in the life of the transformer. However, bio-based transformer oil offers superior performance as compared to mineral oil, as it is stable at high voltages and temperatures.
- Availability of inexpensive substitutes, such as mineral oils, is a major factor restraining the bio-based transformer oil market
Global Bio-based Transformer Oil Market: Segmentation
- The global bio-based transformer oil market can be segmented based on type, application, end-user, and region
- In terms of type, the bio-based transformer oil market can be classified into synthetic ester transformer oil and natural ester transformer fluid. The natural ester transformer fluid segment is projected to expand during the forecast period, as this fluid is derived from renewable vegetable oils and provides improved fire safety, transformer life, and environmental benefits.
- Based on application, the bio-based transformer oil market can be bifurcated into power transformer and distribution transformer. The distribution transformer segment is estimated to expand at a significant CAGR, owing the expansion of distribution network across the globe due to the increase in demand for electricity.
- In terms of end-user, the global market can be split into residential & commercial, industrial, and utilities. The industrial segment is expected to lead the market due to the rise in industrialization. This trend is estimated to continue during the forecast period.
Global Bio-based Transformer Oil Market: Regional Segmentation
- In terms of region, the global bio-based transformer oil market can be segregated into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific dominated the global bio-based transformer oil market in 2020. The market in the region is projected to expand during the forecast period, owing to the rise in infrastructure, industrialization, and initiatives by governments in the region to provide electricity to all parts of their respective countries.
- The market in North America is likely to expand significantly during the forecast period due to the rapid increase in infrastructure and industrialization in the U.S. and Canada
- The market in Europe is estimated to expand at a steady CAGR during the forecast period due to steady industrial and infrastructural development in the region
COVID-19 Impact on Global Bio-based Transformer Oil Market
- The COVID-19 pandemic has adversely affected the global bio-based transformer oil market. Transmission & distribution projects across the globe have suffered temporary shut down during lockdowns. Depending upon the capital availability and financial conditions, utilities may defer some of their generation and T&D investments, thus affecting transformer manufacturing activities. However, government relief packages for the power sector are likely to lead to quick recovery of the bio-based transformer oil market in the near future.
Key Players in Market
The global bio-based transformer oil market has a moderately competitive landscape. It is dominated by the presence of various prominent players across the globe.
Prominent players operating in the bio-based transformer oil market include:
- Sinopec Lubricant
- PetroChina Company Limited
- Apar Industries
- Ergon International
- Nynas AB
- M&I Materials Ltd
- Savita Oil
- Raj Petro Specialties
Global Bio-based Transformer Oil Market: Research Scope
Global Bio-based Transformer Oil Market, by Type
- Synthetic Ester Transformer Oil
- Natural Ester Transformer Fluid
Global Bio-based Transformer Oil Market, by Application
- Power Transformer
- Distribution Transformer
Global Bio-based Transformer Oil Market, by End-user
- Residential & Commercial
Global Bio-based Transformer Oil Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.