In recent years, the global beverage packaging market has experienced a steady development. This development of the beverage packaging market is primarily attributed to the growing demand for small packs and flexible pouches. Some of the key benefits of using beverage packaging is that it provides sealing, protection against moisture, retains aroma, cover against heath, and enhances strength. The global beverage sector includes ready to drink beverages such as non-alcoholic as well as alcoholic beverages. There are several types of beverage packaging. Some of the important components and materials include labels, glass closures, rigid metal, paper and boards, flexible plastics, and rigid plastics among others. These types of packaging may also include cartons, pouches, bottles, cans, and other types of packaging.
Some of the key developments in the global beverage packaging market are given below:
- In August 2019, Amcor Inc. announced that the company has adapted its cutting edge design technology for the development of the first polyethylene terephthalate (PET) bottles. These bottles will be used for packaging pasteurized beer in Brazil. The company has designed customized 600 milliliter containers for the beverage producer New Age Bebidas, Leme Sao Paulo.
- In January 2019, Amcor Inc. announced that the company has launched a new capsule design for making wine opening easier. This new type of packaging will preserve the time-honoring traditions that are imperative for discriminating aficionados. The packaging is called EASYPEEL. The company is trying to target the wine loving community who consume the beverage on a regular basis. With EASYPEEL, the opening process of the wine bottle quiet easy.
- Crown Holdings Inc. have recently announced the launch of Reveal temperature sensitive ink. These inks offer brand owners with an opportunity to increase the engagement with the consumers. The beverage packaging product is manufactured in partnership with Chronic Technologies Inc.
Global Beverage Packaging Market: Overview
The global beverage packaging market may have risen steadily over the years, owing to the demand for flexible pouches and small packs. Beverage packaging benefits in enhancing strength, heat insulation, aroma retention, barrier against moisture, and sealing. Beverage industry encompasses ready-to-drink such as alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. Apart from this, beverage industry also provides energy and sport drinks, flavored water, vitamin water, vegetable juice, milk, aerated drinks, and flavored tea and coffee. Beverage packaging industries are adopting advanced systems to maintain nutritional content of beverages as well as ensures maximum security.
An upcoming report on global beverage packaging market by Transparency Market Research could be a valuable source of information for major stakeholders in the market. The report would offer a brilliant study of the market as it focus on market dynamics, segmentation, and geographical outreach. It is a useful guidelines for players to cement a strong position in the global beverage packaging market. The report would also throw light on growth drivers, restraints, opportunities and pitfalls in the global beverage packaging market.
Global Beverage Packaging Market: Key Drivers
Increasing demand for premium products, rising consumption of beverages, and growing demand for sustainable and convenient packaging are projected to be driving the global beverage packaging market. The global beverage packaging market is foretold to witness decent growth due to the enormous demand for functional drinks. Growing middle-class population, rapid urbanization, and increasing lifestyle changes are also expected to propel expansion in the global beverage packaging market. Beverage packaging help to extend shelf-life of products through utilizing several intelligent systems such as oxygen scavengers, moisture absorbers, antimicrobial agents, and antioxidants. This packaging system also facilitates easier processing and consumption of the beverage.
Growing consumption of bottled water, increasing demand for carbonated soft drinks, and rising demand for bio based alternatives are believed to be fueling the global beverage packaging market. Choosing plastic bottles over glass benefits the manufacturers in speeding up transportation and reducing packaging costs. Growing health awareness along with the concern towards environmental sustainability is expected to give a thrust in the global beverage packaging market. A trend in dynamically changing lifestyles, rising emphasis on innovative manufacturing designs, and growing demand for single-serve water packaging system might be responsible to boost the global beverage packaging market.
Global Beverage Packaging Market: Regional Outlook
Geographically, Asia Pacific is foreseen to rank higher among other regions in the global beverage packaging market in terms of growing population. Increasing consumption of beverages, and advantages of using plastic packaging such as easy disposal, container variety and light weightiness could be responsible to push the growth of the global beverage packaging market in the region. Other prominent regions in the global beverage packaging market are North America, Europe, and the Middle East and Africa.
Global Beverage Packaging Market: Competitive Dynamics
The global beverage packaging market marks the presence of top players such as Bemis Company, Alcoa Corporation, Crown Holdings, Amcor ltd, and Sonoco Products Company. Players may take to different business tactics for making their presence strong in the global beverage packaging market.
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.