The demand for beverage containers has been increasing, globally, owing to the increased consumption of packaged water, milk, juices, and energy drinks around the world. New product introduction and the need for various packaging sizes by beverage companies are acting as drivers for the growth of the global beverage containers market. In the beverage containers market, plastic bottles are estimated to be a highly preferred packaging format for non-alcoholic beverages, owing to the low cost and high durability associated with them. The metal (aluminum) cans segment is expected to witness sluggish growth in the next five years, due to the slow growth performance being experienced by the beer and carbonated soft drinks markets. The market share of glass bottles in the non-alcoholic beverage containers market is estimated to shrink in value share, owing to the increased adaptation of plastic bottles by end users.
Flexible Beverage Packaging Is Anticipated to Impede the Growth of Rigid Beverage Packaging
Flexible packaging formats such as pouches and bags are hampering the growth of rigid beverage containers, due to low cost and lightweight packaging formats needed for transportation. Alcoholic beverages such as wine and beer are packaged in pouches, and this is experiencing considerable acceptance from consumers. As such, alcoholic beverages companies are expected to adopt flexible packaging. The paperboard cartons segment is anticipated to increase its market share, owing to high consumption from juice and dairy product manufacturers.
The United States is Estimated to Be a Prominent Region in the Beverage Containers Market in Terms of Innovation & Consumption
North America is expected to be a dominating market for beverage containers, owing to the increased consumer demand for packaged beverages as compared to other regions. Research and development activities held by key manufacturers are anticipated to boost the demand for beverage containers among North American end users. Emerging markets such as China and India, in Asia Pacific, are expected to witness fast-paced growth of the beverage containers market in the future. New entrants in the beverage market and increased disposable income are key drivers for the growth of the beverage containers market in ASEAN countries.
Food Safety Concerns and Need for Extended Shelf Life are Driving the Demand for Beverage Containers
Key players in the beverage containers market are focusing on the manufacturing of containers that have an extended shelf life to provide longer distribution time and minimize product waste. The aseptic filling of beverage containers is trending among key end users such as the dairy and juice sectors to avoid contamination and speed up production. Beverage containers such as cartons, bottles, and cans are highly compatible containers for aseptic filling machines, due to which, the demand for these beverage containers is expected to increase in the next five years.
Global Beverage Containers Market: Segmentation
The global market for beverage containers has been segmented on the basis of material, packaging format, and end-user industry.
On the basis of material, the global beverage containers market is segmented into:
On the basis of packaging format, the global beverage containers market is segmented into:
- Liquid Cartons
On the basis of end-user industry, the global beverage containers market is segmented into:
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Carbonated Soft Drinks
- Bottled Water
- Sports Drinks
- Enhanced Water
- Non-alcoholic Beverages
- Other Alcoholic Beverages
Global Beverage Containers Market: Key Players
Some of the key players operating in the global beverage containers market are:
- Liqui-Box Corporation
- Amcor Limited
- Ampac Packaging LLC
- Crown Holdings Incorporated
- Ardagh Group SA
- Ball Corporation
- Berry Plastics Corporation
- CCL Industries Incorporated
- Sonoco Products Company
- Coca-Cola Company Incorporated
- Reynolds Group Holdings Limited
- Tetra Pak International S.A.
Recent developments in the global beverage containers market:
- In February 2019, SIG launched a paper straw market-ready alternative to plastic straws in the beverage carton industry.
- In February 2019, Uflex was recognized for innovative packaging in the category, Excellence in Packaging – Beverages (large enterprises) for Asepto Spark 'Fresca' at The Economic Times Polymers Awards 2019.
- In February 2019, PET Engineering developed a 500ml PET bottle in collaboration with Gea Procomac for ready-to-drink use, the latest addition to Huel's product line.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.