Behenic Acid Market: Introduction
- Behenic acid, which is also known as docosanoic acid, is a carboxylic acid. It is a saturated fatty acid with chemical formula of C21H43COOH. Behenic acid had 22 carbon atom chains. Behenic acid consist of white color powder or crystals. It has melting point and boiling point of 80°C and 360°C, respectively.
- Behenic acid is often used to give moisturizers and hair conditioners their smoothing properties. It is also used in lubricating oils and as a solvent evaporation retarder in paint removers. Behenic acid’s amide is used as an anti-foaming agent in detergents, dripless candles, and floor polishes.
- Pracaxi oil, which is extracted from the seeds of Pentaclethra macroloba, is a natural product with one of the highest concentrations of behenic acid. Behenic acid is found in many foods including macadamia nut, opium poppy, tamarind, and black elderberry.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Behenic Acid Market
- Behenic acid is extensively employed in cosmetics. As a fatty acid, behenic acid plays an important role in providing a protective barrier against the environment in order to maintain good skin quality. In skincare, behenic acid has lubricant, emollient, and soothing properties. These help restore the skin’s natural oils and improve the overall level of hydration. Furthermore, this sebaceous fatty acid is favorably soluble against the skin’s surface, making it a desirable ingredient to infuse into skincare formulas. Thus, growth of the cosmetics industry across the globe is expected to drive the global behenic acid market during the forecast period.
- Behenic acid is also employed in detergents. It is used as an anti-foaming agent in detergents. The detergents market is expected to expand during the forecast period owing to the increase in demand for laundry cleaning products.
- Availability of substitutes is a major restraint of the global behenic acid market. Behenic acid is a cholesterol-raising saturated fatty acid in humans. Dietary behenic acid (22:0) is poorly absorbed because of its low bioavailability compared to other fatty acids. Hence, it can be substituted by monocarboxylic acid or derivatives, carboxylic acids, carboxylic acid derivatives, organic oxide, etc.
Behenic Acid: Segments
- The global behenic acid market can be segmented based on purity, application, and region
- In terms of purity, the global behenic acid market can be classified into 85%, 90%, 95%, 98%, and 99%
- Based on application, the global behenic acid market can be divided into cosmetics, detergents, textiles, food additives, and others
- In terms of region, the global behenic acid market can be categorized into Europe, North America, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and Latin America
COVID-19 Impact on Behenic Acid Market
- On January 30, 2020, the International Health Regulations Emergency Committee of the World Health Organization (WHO) declared the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak a public health emergency of international concern. Originating in China, the virus has spread to at least 213 countries and territories around the world.
- The COVID-19 pandemic has affected all major industries across the globe. Manufacture of oil & gas, food & beverages, etc. across the globe came to a halt due to the unavailability of raw materials and shortage of labor during the. This has hampered the demand and supply of behenic acid, thereby negatively affecting the behenic acid market.
North America to Dominate Behenic Acid Market
- In terms of region, the global behenic acid market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is an emerging region in terms of consumption of behenic acid due to significant growth of cosmetics, detergent, and textile industries in the region
- In terms of geography, the global behenic acid market in countries, such as India, China, and Japan in Asia Pacific is expanding at a significant pace due to the rise in disposable income of consumers, increase in population, and improvement in standard of living
- The market in countries in Europe, such as the U.K., Germany, and France, are expected to witness rapid growth during the forecast period
- Demand for behenic acid is increasing considerably in countries such as Brazil and Mexico in Latin America
Emerging countries and regions across Middle East & Africa such as South Africa, GCC, and Egypt have introduced various schemes for behenic acid. This, in turn, is anticipated to drive the behenic acid market in Middle East & Africa.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Behenic Acid Market
The global behenic acid market was consolidated in 2020. Major players have prominent presence in developed and developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the global behenic acid market include:
- Koster Keunen
- KLK OLEO
- Global Seven (Ethox Chemicals)
- Phoenix Chemical
- Godrej Industries Limited
- Vvf (India) Ltd
- Prakash Chemicals International Pvt., Ltd.
Global Behenic Acid Market: Research Scope
Global Behenic Acid Market, by Purity
Global Behenic Acid Market, by Application
- Food Additives
Global Behenic Acid Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.