Battery Fuel Gauge IC: Introduction
- A battery fuel gauge, also known as a battery gas gauge, determines battery state-of-charge (SOC) and state-of-health (SOH) of a battery.
- Use of a battery fuel gauge IC is helpful to predict how long the battery can continue to provide power under specific operating conditions
- One of the essential tasks of battery fuel gauge IC is to establish proper communication between the user and the battery so as to maintain appropriate health statistics of the battery
- Battery fuel gauge IC is classified based on type and includes single cell and multiple cell
- Battery fuel gauge ICs are used in automotive, medical devices, mobile electronic devices, robots, and other applications
Growing Demand for Battery Fuel Gauge IC for Consumer Electronics Applications
- Battery fuel gauge ICs are largely used in consumer electronic devices such as smartphones, laptops, notebooks, and digital cameras as it determines how long the battery can provide continuous power supply
- Battery fuel gauge IC increases battery runtime and lifespan of consumer electronic devices by combining a small footprint with outstanding measurement accuracy and extremely low power consumption
- The exponential adoption of lithium batteries in consumer electronics applications is propelling their market growth and development, as lithium ion batteries have long life compared to lead acid and other type of batteries
- As a result of these factors, demand for lithium ion (Li-ion) batteries in consumer electronics devices is growing, which is expected to drive the global battery fuel gauge IC market during the forecast period
- However, as a Li-ion cell ages, it loses its ability to store charge due to which it delivers the usable voltage for a shorter period of time than a newer cell even if it is fully charged, which is anticipated to moderately restrain the growth of the global battery fuel gauge IC market
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
North America to Lead the Battery Fuel Gauge IC Market
- In terms of region, the global battery fuel gauge IC market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- North America is anticipated to dominate the global battery fuel gauge IC market throughout the forecast period, as a large number of manufacturers of battery fuel gauge ICs operate in the region
- Additionally, many well-established players based in North America are focusing on development of new technology in battery fuel gauge IC which is expected to boost the market in the region during the forecast period
- The battery fuel gauge IC market in Europe and Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a substantial rate during the forecast period. On the other hand, the market in Middle East & Africa and South America is estimated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in the Global Battery Fuel Gauge IC Market
The global battery fuel gauge IC market was highly fragmented in 2019. Major players operating in the global market are focusing on technological advancements and expansion to meet the rising demand for battery fuel gauge IC. Moreover, manufacturers are signing partnerships for the development of innovative products.
Key players operating in the global battery fuel gauge IC market are:
- Analog Devices, Inc.
- Linear Technology
- Maxim Integrated
- Microchip Technology Inc.
- ON Semiconductor
- Orion BMS
- Renesas Electronics Corporation
- ROHM CO., LTD.
- Texas Instruments Incorporated
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Battery Fuel Gauge IC Market, Request for a Sample
Global Battery Fuel Gauge IC Market: Research Scope
Global Battery Fuel Gauge IC Market, by Type
Global Battery Fuel Gauge IC Market, by Cell Chemistry
- Lead Acid
Global Battery Fuel Gauge IC Market, by Application
- Medical Devices
- Mobile Electronic Devices
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!