Battery Fuel Gauge IC: Introduction
- A battery fuel gauge, also known as a battery gas gauge, determines battery state-of-charge (SOC) and state-of-health (SOH) of a battery.
- Use of a battery fuel gauge IC is helpful to predict how long the battery can continue to provide power under specific operating conditions
- One of the essential tasks of battery fuel gauge IC is to establish proper communication between the user and the battery so as to maintain appropriate health statistics of the battery
- Battery fuel gauge IC is classified based on type and includes single cell and multiple cell
- Battery fuel gauge ICs are used in automotive, medical devices, mobile electronic devices, robots, and other applications
Growing Demand for Battery Fuel Gauge IC for Consumer Electronics Applications
- Battery fuel gauge ICs are largely used in consumer electronic devices such as smartphones, laptops, notebooks, and digital cameras as it determines how long the battery can provide continuous power supply
- Battery fuel gauge IC increases battery runtime and lifespan of consumer electronic devices by combining a small footprint with outstanding measurement accuracy and extremely low power consumption
- The exponential adoption of lithium batteries in consumer electronics applications is propelling their market growth and development, as lithium ion batteries have long life compared to lead acid and other type of batteries
- As a result of these factors, demand for lithium ion (Li-ion) batteries in consumer electronics devices is growing, which is expected to drive the global battery fuel gauge IC market during the forecast period
- However, as a Li-ion cell ages, it loses its ability to store charge due to which it delivers the usable voltage for a shorter period of time than a newer cell even if it is fully charged, which is anticipated to moderately restrain the growth of the global battery fuel gauge IC market
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
North America to Lead the Battery Fuel Gauge IC Market
- In terms of region, the global battery fuel gauge IC market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- North America is anticipated to dominate the global battery fuel gauge IC market throughout the forecast period, as a large number of manufacturers of battery fuel gauge ICs operate in the region
- Additionally, many well-established players based in North America are focusing on development of new technology in battery fuel gauge IC which is expected to boost the market in the region during the forecast period
- The battery fuel gauge IC market in Europe and Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a substantial rate during the forecast period. On the other hand, the market in Middle East & Africa and South America is estimated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in the Global Battery Fuel Gauge IC Market
The global battery fuel gauge IC market was highly fragmented in 2019. Major players operating in the global market are focusing on technological advancements and expansion to meet the rising demand for battery fuel gauge IC. Moreover, manufacturers are signing partnerships for the development of innovative products.
Key players operating in the global battery fuel gauge IC market are:
- Analog Devices, Inc.
- Linear Technology
- Maxim Integrated
- Microchip Technology Inc.
- ON Semiconductor
- Orion BMS
- Renesas Electronics Corporation
- ROHM CO., LTD.
- Texas Instruments Incorporated
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Battery Fuel Gauge IC Market, Request for a Sample
Global Battery Fuel Gauge IC Market: Research Scope
Global Battery Fuel Gauge IC Market, by Type
- Single Cell
- Multi Cell
Global Battery Fuel Gauge IC Market, by Cell Chemistry
- Lead Acid
Global Battery Fuel Gauge IC Market, by Application
- Medical Devices
- Mobile Electronic Devices
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.