Battery Coatings Market: Overview
- Battery coating is a thin film deposition technology that is used to enhance the electrochemical performance of cathode and anode powder in a battery
- Battery coating enhances life, reduces degradation mechanism, and improves safety and operational efficiency of the battery. It helps deliver increased voltages without negatively impacting the battery life.
- Battery coatings increase the energy storage capacity and yield better overall battery performance at lower manufacturing cost
- The generation of heat and gases is reduced during the charging and discharging cycle. Battery coatings add stability and increase the energy density by approximately 15% to 25%, while still operating at room temperature.
- Demand for battery coatings is likely to increase marginally in energy storage applications in automobile and renewable energy sectors in order to lower the usage of fossil fuels, which primarily contribute to pollution
Key Drivers of Global Battery Coatings Market
- Demand for battery coatings has been increasing across the globe owing to high production of electric vehicles and rise in demand for smart devices. Increase in need for high performance batteries is also estimated to provide technological advancements in battery materials. However, high coating cost is anticipated to restrain the global battery coatings market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
- In November 2019, Solvay SA announced the expansion of its SOLEF polyvinylidene fluoride (PVDF) capacity in China to meet the rising demand for PVDF in lithium batteries. The expansion supports the company’s G.R.O.W. strategy, which focuses on investment in high growth sustainable solutions in materials.
- Arkema SA established a new Kynar fluoropolymer (PVDF) production facility at its Calvert-City plant in Kentucky, the U.S. This move resulted in 20% increase in its production capacity in the U.S.
Europe to Hold Major Share of Global Battery Coatings Market
- Based on region, the global battery coatings market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Europe is anticipated to dominate the global battery coatings market during the forecast period, as the region has large installed base of renewable energy and electric vehicles. Rise in stringent environmental norms is anticipated to boost the demand for batteries in power storage applications.
- North America is projected to account for vital share of the global battery coatings market, owing to large number of EV’s and smart devices in the region
- Asia Pacific is estimated to be a highly attractive region of the global battery coatings market during the forecast period. Increase in developments and investments in the renewable sector is likely to boost the demand for batteries in energy storage systems. Countries in Asia Pacific such as China, Japan, and India are shifting to electric vehicles in order to reduce the pollution levels. Demand for consumer electronics and smart devices has been increasing in these countries. This is expected to boost the battery coatings market in Asia Pacific.
- The battery coatings market in Middle East & Africa and Latin America is estimated to expand at a healthy pace during the forecast period, owing to the rising investments in the renewable energy sector
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Players in Market
Leading companies operating in the battery coatings market include:
- APV Engineered Coatings
- Arkema SA
- Solvay SA
- Mitsubishi Paper Mills Ltd.
- Tanaka Chemical Corporation
- Asahi Kasei Corporation
- SK innovation Co., Ltd.
- NEI Corporation
- Targray Technology International Inc.
- Alteo Group
- Nano One Materials Corp.
- SAMCO Inc.
- Beneq Group
- Nexeon Limited
- ALD NanoSolutions, Inc.
- Forge Nano Inc.
Global Battery Coatings Market: Research Scope
Global Battery Coatings Market, by Material Type
Global Battery Coatings Market, by Battery Component
- Electrode Coating
- Separator Coating
- Battery Pack Coating
Global Battery Coatings Market, by End-use Industry
- Oil & Gas
- Renewable Energy
Global Battery Coatings Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.