Batteries for Electric Vehicle Charging Stations Market: Introduction
- Over the last few years, the adoption of electric vehicles (EVs) has significantly risen. This rise in the demand for EVs can be ascribed to increase in awareness about global warming.
- In 2018, the number of charging points worldwide was around 5.2 million, which 44% higher than that in 2017. Furthermore, the number of private charging points increased to around 1.6 million in 2018.
- Companies are currently aiming at the advancement of charging stations, which would provide rapid charging. Hence, the major focus is on the development of batteries that have features such as long lifespan and quick charging.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Batteries for Electric Vehicle Charging Stations Market
- Increase in the demand for electric vehicles is a major driver of the global Batteries for Electric Vehicle Charging Stations Market. In 2017, around 3 million electric vehicles were sold across the globe, while around 5 million were sold in 2018. This rise in the demand of electric vehicles propels the demand for charging stations and related infrastructure. Thus, increased demand for electric vehicles is anticipated to drive the global Batteries for Electric Vehicle Charging Stations Market during the forecast period.
- A grid connection does not provide continuous and steady power supply, which may lead to equipment failure sometimes. Battery-operated charging stations are capable of providing continuous and steady power supply from batteries. This is expected to be another factor driving the global Batteries for Electric Vehicle Charging Stations Market in the near future.
- High initial cost and short life of batteries are key restraining factors for the global market. The cost of batteries is currently on a higher side. Also, batteries have short life cycle. These factors are likely to act as restraints of the global Batteries for Electric Vehicle Charging Stations Market during the forecast period.
Global Batteries for Electric Vehicle Charging Stations Market: Segmentation
- The global Batteries for Electric Vehicle Charging Stations Market can be segmented based on battery type, application, and vehicle type
- In terms of battery type, the global Batteries for Electric Vehicle Charging Stations Market can be segmented into lithium-ion battery, lead–acid battery, nickel–cadmium battery, and others. The lithium-ion battery segment is expected to dominate the global market during forecast period, as Li-ion batteries are light in weight and eco-friendly Also, they require low maintenance.
- Based on application, the global Batteries for Electric Vehicle Charging Stations Market can be divided into public and private. In 2018, the public segment dominated the global market and the trend is expected to continue during the forecast period. Companies and governments across the globe are investing more in public charging stations. Due to this factor, the public segment is anticipated to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period.
- In terms of vehicle type, the global Batteries for Electric Vehicle Charging Stations Market can be classified into battery electric vehicles and hybrid vehicles. The battery electric vehicles segment is expected to dominate the global market during the forecast period, owing to high demand for battery-operated vehicles among consumers.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Global Batteries for Electric Vehicle Charging Stations Market: Regional Segmentation
- Based on region, the global Batteries for Electric Vehicle Charging Stations Market can be classified into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global market Batteries for Electric Vehicle Charging Stations Market in 2018 and it is expected to continue its dominance during the forecast period. This is largely attributable to rising investments in the development of charging station infrastructure in the region.
- The Batteries for Electric Vehicle Charging Stations Market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period, due to rise in the demand for electric vehicles in China, India, and Japan. China is the leading market, with the maximum number of electric vehicles sold in the region in 2018, which was around 1.77 million units.
Key Players Operating in Global Market:
- A123 Systems LLC
- ENVISION AESC SDI CO., LTD.
- LG Chem
- Panasonic Energy
- SAMSUNG SDI CO., LTD.
- TOSHIBA CORPORATION
Global Batteries for Electric Vehicle Charging Stations Market: Research Scope
Global Batteries for Electric Vehicle Charging Stations Market, by Battery Type
- Lithium-ion Battery
- Lead–Acid Battery
- Nickel–Cadmium Battery
Global Batteries for Electric Vehicle Charging Stations Market, by Application
Global Batteries for Electric Vehicle Charging Stations Market, by Vehicle Type
- Battery Electric Vehicles
- Hybrid Vehicles
Global Batteries for Electric Vehicle Charging Stations Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.