Basalt Fiber Market: Advanced Reinforcement for Concrete Applications
- Basalt fiber, a product derived from the basalt rock, is widely used in the building & construction and automotive applications owing to its highly attractive mechanical properties such as high tensile strength, alkali strength and high impact strength
- It is considered an alternative product to glass fiber and carbon fiber. Basalt fiber is composed of pyroxene, and minerals such as plagioclase and olivine. Plageocene and pyroxene make up almost 80% of the basalt fiber composition. Basalt fiber has properties such as good range of thermal performance, high tensile strength, and superior electro-magnetic properties
- Basalt fiber is inexpensive compared to fiberglass and is widely used in automotive and aerospace industries owing to its high structural integrity and mechanical properties. Basalt fiber can be used from very low temperatures (-200°C ) to high temperature (800°C).
- Basalt fiber appears in two forms: continuous and discrete. Continuous fiber is highly used in applications such as roving, fabrics, and yarns. Demand for continuous form of basalt fiber is increasing in composites and non-composite applications. Continuous basalt fiber can be used as replacement for asbestos fiber.
- Basalt fiber does not have any toxic reaction with oxygen or water; hence, it is non-combustible. In contact with other chemicals, basalt fiber produces no chemical reactions that damage the environment or human health.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Basalt Fiber Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Rise in Demand from Building & Construction Industry to Drive Market
- Increase in demand for basalt fiber in the building & construction industry with special emphasis on civil engineering applications is anticipated to boost the basalt fiber market
- Demand for basalt fiber in the strengthening of concrete structural materials is on the rise as the incorporation of basalt fiber improves durability and flexural strength of the structural material. Use of basalt fiber as concrete reinforcement is high in hydraulic engineering and construction in seismically hazardous regions.
- Increase in demand for basalt fiber as concrete reinforcement for applications such as bridges, tunnels, residential buildings, soft roofing, reusable shutters, heat supply system, and cable conduits is anticipated to drive the global basalt fiber market
- Rise in construction activities in emerging economies such as Asia Pacific and Latin America is also likely to propel the demand for basalt fiber in the next few years. Increase in investments in infrastructure projects, including new construction of railways, highways, underground metro lines, and pavement linings, is estimated to fuel the demand for basalt fiber.
Nuclear Power Plant Application to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- Increase in consumption of basalt fiber in nuclear applications is likely to augment the demand for basalt fiber. Basalt fiber does not absorb nuclear radiations. This makes it ideal for usage in production and transportation of radioactive materials that are employed in nuclear power plants. Thus, demand for basalt fiber is high in nuclear applications.
- Protective caps made up of basalt fiber composites are used in waste disposal sites. These offer protection for human health and environment against nuclear wastes.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Basalt Fiber Market here
Rise in Threat of Substitute Materials to Hamper Market
- Substitute materials such as carbon fiber and glass fiber are performing well in the market. Usage of these materials for reinforcing applications is rising at a significant pace. Basalt fiber has been recently introduced into the market. Moderate number of manufacturers of basalt fiber operate in the market. Thus, high threat of substitute materials and presence of limited number of manufacturers are likely to restrain the global basalt fiber market.
Asia Pacific Projected to Hold Significant Share of Basalt Fiber Market
- In terms of region, the global basalt fiber market can be split into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to account for prominent share of the global basalt fiber market. Growth in demand for basalt fiber in end-user industries such as construction & infrastructure, automotive & transportation, and wind energy is a major factor driving the demand for basalt fiber in Asia Pacific. Manufacturers of basalt fiber located in China develop new technologies and focus on manufacturing low-cost continuous basalt fiber.
- Presence of highly attractive automotive industry in China, Japan, and South Korea is also a key factor for the significant market share of Asia Pacific on the global basalt fiber market. Basalt fiber is employed in brake pads, mufflers, headliners, and other interior applications in the automotive & transportation end-use industry.
- Rise in applications of basalt fiber in tissues, plastics, prepegs, and laminates has also been rising. This is likely to propel the demand for basalt fiber in Asia Pacific in the near future.
Key Players in Market
The global basalt fiber market is moderately concentrated, with the top manufacturers accounting for major share. Prominent players operating in the global basalt fiber market seek to enter into partnerships for the development of basalt fiber applications and commercialization of its technology. Geographic expansion and product development are strategies adopted by key manufacturers.
Prominent players operating in the global basalt fiber market include:
- Kamenny Vek
- TECHNOBASALT-INVEST LLC
- Sudaglass Fiber Technology
- Shanxi Basalt Fiber Technology Co., Ltd
- Mudanjiang Basalt Fiber Co.,Ltd,
- Jiangsu Green Materials Vally New Material T&D Co., Ltd (GMV)
- Shanxi Basalt Fiber Technology Co., Ltd
- Basalt Technology UK Limited
- Zhejiang GBF Basalt Fiber , Ltd (GBF)
- Arrow Technical Textiles Pvt. Ltd
Global Basalt Fiber Market: Research Scope
Global Basalt Fiber Market, by Form
Global Basalt Fiber Market, by Application
- Building & Construction
- Nuclear Power Engineering
- Other (including Electro-technical and Sporting Goods)
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.