- Barware refers to utensils or glassware that is used to prepare and serve alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages.
- Barware consists of stemware, glasses, mixers, knives, shakers, and other tools. Some barware may be referred to as shaker sets or bar sets, but 'barware' is the umbrella term for all types of accessories found in residential and commercial bars.
Key Drivers of the Global Barware Market
- Attractive appearance and ease of usage contributes positively to the growth of the global barware market. Consumers purchase barware even for residential applications.
- Rising consumer demand for eco-friendly products which do not adversely impact health is driving market growth. Growing awareness about the ill effects of plastic drinkware on health and the environment are encouraging the usage of recyclable and safe material-based products.
- Key companies are working toward launching innovative products made of eco-friendly materials. For instance, Urban Bar has launched an exhaustive range of drinkware made from steel, with Hawaiian themed Tiki patterns.
- Based on raw material, glass accounted for the largest market share at the global level as a result of its attractive looks
Growth Opportunity in BPA-free Product Market
- Increasing demand for BPA-free packaged products are expected to create a new opportunity in the market. Companies are trying to avoid the usage of BPA. For instance, TOSSWARE launched highest-quality polymer based barware which are 100% BPA-free, shatterproof, and recyclable.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Rise in Raw Material Cost to Hamper the Market
- Overall cost of raw material including glass, steel, and others is rising at the global level. Increase in raw material cost is likely to significantly impact small and medium players. This factor is expected to restrain the market in the next few years.
Europe to Hold Major Share of the Global Barware Market
- Europe held majority share in the barware market as a result of large number of bars and restaurants in the U.K., Germany, Italy, and France. A large number of small, medium, and large companies are present across this region. In addition, increase in sales through e-commerce channels is expected to further boost the market growth.
- Asia Pacific is the fastest growing barware market as a result of increase in number of bars in developing countries including India, China, and Sri Lanka. Moreover, increase in disposable income among the middle class population coupled with adoption of western culture and rapid growth in the hospitality industry are propelling the growth of the market in Asia Pacific. For instance, in India, coffee chain company “Cafe Coffee Day’s” sales increased from 1.6 million cups in 2017 to over 2 million cups in 2018.
Key Players Operating in the Global Market
The global barware market is fragmented in nature with the presence of different small and large players. Companies are adopting the strategy of product innovation & development as well as investing in geographical expansion. Some of the large players are acquiring small scale players to increase their product range and market share as well as geographical reach in the barware market. A few of the key players operating in the global barware market are listed below:
- AnHui DeLi Glassware
- Arc International
- Bormioli Rocco
- Ocean Glass
- Steelite International
- The Oneida Group
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Barware market, ask for a customized report
Global Barware: Research Scope
Global Barware, by Material
Global Barware, by Application
Global Barware, by Distribution Channel
Global Barware, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
The report on the global barware is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, and inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators, and governing factors, along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various factors on market segments and regions.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.