Bakery Glazes: Market outlook
To improve the taste as well as the consumer appeal glazes are applied on the surfaces of the products such as cakes, pastries, buns, rolls, breads, pies in the bakery industry. Bakery Glazes have usually been used to cover the surface of the baked products and to give the product a glossy finish in cases where even the product is not fully iced and/or acts as a buffer between the relatively high-humidity bakery product and the relatively low-humidity icing process. Bakery glazes are usually of two forms and are either added before and/or after baking to the surface of the bakery product. Bakery glazes are usually made of whole eggs and water, and can contain various starches, sugars and gums. Egg-containing bakery glazes are well known as a possible source to improve the quality of the product and are commonly used in bakery glazes.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Clean Label Bakery Glazes Gaining Traction amongst Consumers which is Boosting the Demand for Bakery Glazes
Over the last few years, demand for clean label food has seen a significant increase across the globe. The next generation of clean mark, easy to use egg-free bakery glazes has been introduced by Dawn Foods, which gives non-sticky sweet and savory baked goods and long lasting shine. Emulshine Extra, Unishine Plus, Emulshine Extra Sugar Free does not contain Trans fats or palm oil, and is also free of preservatives and GMO ingredients. Consumers are now searching for colour and shine bakery items that usually come from egg wash. Kerry 's ready-to-use, clean label bakery glaze is easy and convenient to use while removing allergens from conventional egg wash. Brands get an alternative to traditional egg wash with an egg-free and dairy-free solution, while consumer gets a clean-labelled product. Consumers today want items made with authentic ingredients, without losing great taste. Willingness to pay a premium for products that offer health benefits is higher in emerging markets than anywhere else. The bakery glaze composition consists of a dextrin portion that has an average dextrose equivalent (D.E.) of 5 to 20. The composition of the bakery glaze can also contain an edible acid, a preservative and a small amount of sugar such as sucrose and/or dextrose, in addition to water. The most desirable qualities include products that are GMO-free, have no artificial coloring / flavors, and are all natural while also helping to meet essential nutritional needs.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Global Bakery Glazes: Market Segmentation
On the basis of form, global bakery glaze can be segmented as:-
On the basis of type, global bakery glaze can be segmented as:-
- Egg wash
- Salted water
- Olive oil
- Soy powder and water
On the basis of flavor, global bakery glaze can be segmented as:-
- Blue berry
- Other Flavours
On the basis of application, global bakery glaze can be segmented as:-
- Cake and pastries
Global Bakery Glazes: Key Players
Some the key players operating business in the global bakery glazes market are Dawnfoods, Puratos Group NV, Masterol Foods Pty. Ltd., Lawrence Foods, Inc., Kerry Inc., AP Multi Products Pvt. Ltd., Capol LLC, Amero Foods Mfg. Corp, Custom Food Solutions, Bakels Group
- In 2019, Puratos Canada Acquires Sandel Foods Inc., SFI's experienced group and its manufacturing platform produce high-quality, unique product that will allow Puratos to diversify its profile and capabilities of fillings and broaden its footprint in North America.
Opportunities for Bakery Glazes Market Participants:
The growth of bakery glazes is combined with increased bakery products consumption is driving the global bakery glaze market. The rising number of bakeries worldwide has a huge effect on the demand for bakery glaze, as it is used in many baked goods to make their appearance healthy, smooth and shiny. In addition to improving the appearance, bakery glazes are critical for improving the stability of the shelf life and also act as anti-microbial components. Bakery glazes also enhance the efficacy of sticking on food items. Bakery glazes can also be aromatised or coloured to suit the consumer's needs.
In addition, the increasing demand for organic and vegan foods is expected to drive demand for bakery products, which in turn will boost market growth for bakery glazes. The manufacturers have great opportunity to launch new products with different natural flavours and colors, and expand its production facilities and also to expand its global presence. Demand for glazes is expected to rise in the decoration bakery ingredients market due to the intense rivalry and also the technology has also made the glazes market more productive.
The Bakery Glazes market report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the Bakery Glazes market, including but not limited to: regional markets, type, form, flavour and application.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Cultured Wheat Market Segment
- Cultured Wheat Market Dynamics
- Cultured Wheat Market Size
- Cultured Wheat Supply and Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges pertaining to Cultured Wheat Market
- Competition Landscape and Emerging Market Participants in Cultured Wheat Market
- Technology related to Production/Processing of Cultured Wheat
- Value Chain Analysis of the Cultured Wheat Market
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Italy, Spain, Poland, Russia)
- East Asia (China, Japan, South Korea)
- South Asia (India, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, Indonesia)
- Oceania (Australia, New Zealand)
- Middle East & Africa (GCC Countries, Turkey, Northern Africa, South Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing dynamics of the Cultured Wheat market in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation and analysis
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments in the Cultured Wheat market
- Competitive landscape of the Cultured Wheat market
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on Cultured Wheat market performance
- Must-have information for Cultured Wheat market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.