The global bacon market is slated to expand at a stellar pace in the years to follow. The need for bacon in traditional European recipes is behind the aforementioned projection. Bacon is sold in large quantities across departmental stores, and this is a key perspective from market growth. Use of bacon to prepare various dishes, especially during festivities such as Christmas and Chinese New Year, has generated voluminous revenues within the global market. Sale of bacon is regulated by predefined standards within the food beverages industry. The market vendors are making efforts to heed to these standards in order to generate sales.
- Bacon sandwiches are extremely popular amongst youngsters, and this trend offers new opportunities for market growth. Sale of bacon sandwiches via retail stores and food outlets has opened new avenues for growth and revenue-generation. School and college canteens in the US and Europe have bacon products as common sellable items. This factor, coupled with increased investment in production of bacon, has played an integral role in the growth of the global market. Advancements in food processing and supply chain management have helped in procurement of bacon across food units. It is safe to predict that the global bacon market would emerge into a lucrative industry in the coming years.
- The manufacturers of bacon are focusing on improving their farmlands for breeding pigs. The abundant availability of bacon supplies in the western regions has created fresh avenues for market growth. The market for bacon in Europe is growing at a stellar pace. The unprecedented demand for bacon across Spain, Germany, and Italy is behind this projection. New manufacturers and suppliers of bacon have lately emerged on the market canvas.
Bacon is pork belly that is sliced into thin strips, and is usually cured with salt. Although, bacon is not prepared only from pork belly but from back cuts too, which have a lesser amount of fat content as compared to the belly. The use of bacon dates back to around 1000-1500 B.C., when ancient Romans used to call it 'petaso'. Muslim and Jewish dominated countries also make bacon from other animals, such as turkey, goat, and beef, as they prohibit the consumption of pork. Bacon is known for its flavor, and it’s the fat which provides most of the flavor. The flavor of bacon available in the market can vary widely, depending on the processing and curing method, breed of the pig, how it is cut, and its feed. Development and growth in the meat processing industry coupled, with an increase in the demand for red meat, is resulting in an upsurge in the demand for bacon and bacon-based products in the food industry.
Increasing Demand for Bacon Based On-the-Go Food Products
As the demand for fast food such as hamburgers, bacon sandwiches, bacon pizza, and appetizers has increased, the demand for bacon has also witnessed a surge in the market. As bacon can be molded into a variety of textures and flavors such Irish bacon, Canadian bacon, and American-style bacon, the demand for bacon-based products has increased significantly, which is expected to boost the bacon market over the forecast period. With the increasing demand for bacon, many manufacturers in the food and beverage industry are incorporating bacon in their food products. Such inclusion has enabled the local manufacturers of bacon to expand and reach the global market, which is expected to bolster the growth of the bacon market.
- The consumption of bacon has increased in the past few decades in many developed as well as developing nations, due to the rising demand from the food processing industry, as consumer interest for new products with improved texture and savory aspects has increased significantly over the past few years.
Global Bacon: Market Segmentation
On the basis of nature, the global bacon market has been segmented as –
On the basis of source, the global bacon market has been segmented as –
On the basis of type, the global bacon market has been segmented as –
- Dry Cured
- Immersion Cured
- Pumped Bacon
On the basis of distribution channel, the global bacon market has been segmented as –
- Convenience Stores
- Specialty Stores
- Online Stores
Global Bacon Market: Key Players
Some of the key players operating in the global bacon market are Hormel Foods Corporation, Smithfield Foods, Inc., Organic Prairie, Applegate Farms, LLC, True Story Foods, BRF S.A., Foster Farms, Farmland Industries, Inc., JBS S.A., OSI Group, Cargill, Inc., The Oscar Mayer Company, B. & C. Tönnies Fleischwerk GmbH & Co. KG, WH Group, and Karro Food Group, among others.
The global bacon market has progressed over time, due to the upsurge in the demand for bacon in the food and beverage industry, and it is expected to continue its growth in the same mode over the forecast period.
Opportunities for Market Participants
According to the latest data revealed by USDA, the storage of pork bellies is presently 8.8 million tons. The figure might look quite big, but unexpectedly, it is the lowest inventory level since 1957. The bacon market is highly active in nature, as the supply and demand situation keeps on shifting from one hand to another. In 2017, pork bellies were instantly converted into bacon as soon as they were produced, due to the high demand for bacon, leaving less meat available to be stored. Due to the shortage in storage, pork belly prices have also increased by 20%. Although various industry experts believe that, the price increase is temporary, and manufacturers operating in the bacon market could seek this increase in the demand for bacon as an opportunity to capitalize on and increase their market share in the North American market. Moreover, collaborating with big quick serving restaurants and finding new methods of marketing could also help bacon manufacturers flourish in the bacon market over the forecast period.
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.