Aviation Refueling: Introduction
- Aviation refueling is the process of transferring aviation fuel from fuel station to the aircraft. Generally, transfer of fuel takes place either through dispenser connected to a fuel station or through mobile tankers. Currently, military aircraft are refueled aerially by transferring fuel from one aircraft to another.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Aviation Refueling Market
- Rise in number of air travelers owing to strong economic growth across the globe; and implementation of stringent safety rules and regulations in the aviation industry are expected to drive the global aviation refueling market. For instance, the number of scheduled passengers handled by the global airline industry increased from 2.8 billion in 2012 to 4.5 billion in 2019.
- Advancement in technologies to optimize fuel efficiency is anticipated to stimulate the global aviation refueling market during the forecast period. In 2020, Gazpromneft-Aero, operator of the Gazprom Neft aviation refueling business, introduced digital commercial accounting system for aviation refueling at the Sheremetyevo airport (Moscow, Russia). The new technology is expected to increase the efficiency and speed of refueling operations. Furthermore, it is anticipated to reduce turnaround times in processing basic accounting data and invoices.
- Increase in investments in development of aviation infrastructure and rise in demand for durable unmanned aerial system are key factors estimated to boost the demand for aviation refueling during the forecast period. However, growth in number of accidents while refueling is projected hamper the market in the near future.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Aviation Refueling Market
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- Governments of several countries across the globe have imposed stringent lockdown as part of preventive measures to limit the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic. Economic activities, barring those related to essential goods and services, have come to a halt because of the lockdowns. This has adversely affected the demand for air travel, thereby hampering the demand for aviation refueling. The International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) estimates an overall reduction of air passengers ranging from 53% to 60% in 2020 compared to that in 2019.
Probe & Drogue Refueling Method Segment Expected to Hold Prominent Share of Global Market
- The global aviation refueling market can be segmented based on application, refueling method, component, and region.
- Based on refueling method, the global aviation refueling market can be segregated into flying boom and probe & drogue. The probe & drogue segment held major share of the global aviation refueling market in 2019. The segment is anticipated to witness continuous growth due to rise in demand for efficient aircraft refueling systems. The probe & drogue refueling method is extensively used to fuel helicopters with the help of trailing hoses.
- Based on component, the global aviation refueling market can be segregated into refueling pods, refueling probes, drogues, hoses, and boom
- In terms of application, the global aviation refueling market can be classified into commercial, defense, and others
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Asia Pacific Expected to Constitute Major Share of Global Aviation Refueling Market
- In terms of region, the global aviation refueling market can be split into Middle East & Africa, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and North America
- Europe is projected to dominate the aviation refueling market during the forecast period. This can be ascribed to the ongoing investment in technological advancement of air refueling systems in the region.
- The aviation refueling market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period. The market in the region is driven by increase in number of air travelers. Strong economic growth, increase in investment in the industrial sector, and rise in standard of living are some of the major factors propelling the demand for air travel in Asia Pacific, primarily in developing economies of the region. Furthermore, increase in defense budget in countries such as China, Japan, and India is expected to drive the market in the region from 2020 to 2030.
- North America is also projected to hold vital share of the global market during the forecast period due to presence of multinational players across the region. Furthermore, policymakers in the U.S. making significant investment in the defense and military sector. This is also anticipated to drive the aviation refueling market in North America in the near future.
Key Players Operating in Global Market
Leading companies operating in the global aviation refueling market include:
- Gazprom Neft PJSC
- Marquard & Bahls
- Lockheed Martin
- Refuel International
- Cobham Plc.
- Eaton Corporation
- Garsite LLC
- Fluid Transfer International
- General Electric Aviation Systems
Global Aviation Refueling Market: Research Scope
Global Aviation Refueling Market, by Application
Global Aviation Refueling Market, by Component
- Refueling Pods
- Refueling Probes
Global Aviation Refueling Market, by Refueling Method
- Flying Boom
- Probe & Drogue
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.