Autonomous Tractor: Introduction
- Autonomous tractors, also known as driverless tractors, deliver high tractive effort at slow speeds with the help of advanced technologies such as machine vision systems, GPS to perform agriculture tasks such as tillage, etc. These tractors are called driverless tractors, as they operate without the help of any driver. They have been designed to perform task in the field and can independently observe the position, decide the speed, and avoid obstacles such as animals, people, or objects present in the field. Autonomous tractors employ GPS and other wireless technologies for this purpose.
Key Drivers of Global Autonomous Tractor Market:
- Rise in income from farming, increase in labor costs coupled with advancements in self-driving technology for vehicles including object detection capabilities using multi-camera systems, radar, and LiDAR technology is expected to boost the adoption of automated tractors and subsequently, propel the autonomous tractors market across the globe.
- Autonomous tractors offer numerous advantages to farmers such as improved productivity and great accuracy, which further result in preservation of crops and offer higher return-on-investment. Additionally, autonomous tractors help farmers undertake farming operations at any time of the day, thereby helping them to work for longer hours. Furthermore, auto-steering helps farmers to do farming with superior reliability, which in turn is likely to boost the autonomous tractor market.
- Several key players based in developed countries across Asia Pacific and North America are investing in the manufacture of automated tractors parts and accessories. Most key players engaged in the autonomous tractors market are startups funded by private or public investments. Rise in investments from several sectors and focus on companies operating in the autonomous tractor market on expansion of their portfolios are likely to further boost the demand for autonomous tractors.
Introduction of Intelligent Technologies to Offer Attractive Opportunities:
- Advancements in autonomous and intelligent technologies in the automotive sector have provided opportunity to increase the precision of crop management and realize additional potential from precision agriculture. This means that the right management strategy can be implemented in the right place, at the right time. Introduction of these technologies is also expected to provide opportunities to lever and enhance past developments and improvements in cropping systems and agronomy. While there is much interest in the development of new automation and robotic technologies, multi-national machinery manufacturers have already developed several incubated autonomous, agricultural technologies with near commercial potential.
- Australia provides a significant opportunity in the refinement and commercial release of these technologies. These factors offer opportunity to autonomous tractor market across the globe.
Lack of Awareness and Technology to Hamper Market
- Lack of awareness and technology integration are likely to hamper the autonomous tractor market. End-users for autonomous tractors are mostly farmers and sometimes, they find difficulties to deal with recent trends and technologies, which directly affect its consumption. Furthermore, high initial investment and maintenance cost associated with autonomous tractors are also expected to hamper the market.
North America to Hold Significant Share of Global Autonomous Tractor Market
- High rate of adoption of advanced technology and the presence of large tractor manufacturers are investing in the development of autonomous tractors in North America. Higher disposable incomes of farmers, a lack of trained farm labor, and well-developed technology are major factors that are expected to boost the autonomous tractors market in North America in the near future.
Key Players Operating in Global Market:
The global autonomous tractor market is consolidated with top manufacturers across the globe operating in the market. A few of the key players operating and potential in the global autonomous tractor market are:
- AGCO Corporation
- CNH Industrial
- Mahindra & Mahindra
- Deere & Company
- Kubota Corporation
- Autonomous Tractor Corporation
- Autonomous Solutions, Inc.
- KINZE Manufacturing
Global Autonomous Tractor Market: Research Scope
Global Autonomous Tractor Market, by Power Output
- Up to 30 HP
- 31-100 HP
- 101 HP & Above
Global Autonomous Tractor Market, by Crop Type
- Fruits & Vegetables
- Oilseed & Pulses
- Cereals & Grains
Global Autonomous Tractor Market, by Application
- Seed Sowing
Global Autonomous Tractor Market, by Component
- Camera/Vision Systems
- Ultrasonic Sensors
- Hand-held Devices
Global Autonomous Tractor Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.