Autonomous Ride-sharing Services Market: Introduction
- Rapidly changing lifestyle and customer expectations have transformed traditional mobility needs. People are preferring shared mobility services, thereby boosting the user-centric mobility-as-a-service business model. Ride-sharing is type of mobility service where a commuter travels along with other passengers.
- When a customer books a shared ride from either a website or mobile app, the mobility service provider matches passengers on similar routes and provides a single vehicle for their transportation, which reduces the travel cost
- Mobility service providers are increasingly adopting autonomous vehicles for ride-sharing service, as they eliminate the cost associated with payment of drivers and provides customers with higher convenience in accurately tracking the ride and making digital payments
Key Drivers of Autonomous Ride-sharing Services Market
- Autonomous vehicles and ride-sharing services are being majorly driven by on-going advancements in technologies. Development in automobile telematics due to improvement in wireless communication technologies, such as 5G and IoT, has enabled vehicles to communicate with other vehicles, infrastructure, and drivers. This accelerates data exchange to and from the vehicle, thereby enabling different levels of autonomy in automobiles. These autonomous vehicles are being adopted by mobility service providers to reduce costs and boost revenues. For instance, in February 2017, Uber Technologies Inc. introduced the Volvo XC90 SUV as its first self-driving car available for ride-sharing. Thus, advancements in technologies are propelling the autonomous ride-sharing services market across the globe.
- Rate of urbanization is increasing across the globe. In May 2018, The United Nations stated in press release that 55% of the global population resides in urban areas, which is anticipated to reach 68% by 2050. These new urban residents fuel the demand for inexpensive means of transportation, as compared to privately owned vehicles, thereby boosting the demand for shared mobility services. Consequently, numerous transportation companies and state agencies are adopting autonomous vehicles to provide mass transit services for people. For instance, in November 2017, the Minister of Singapore, Mr. Khaw Boon Wan said that his government is planning to deploy autonomous buses for mass transit. Furthermore, mobility service providers are attracting hefty investments from OEMs and other companies. For instance, in April 2019, TOYOTA MOTOR CORPORATION, DENSO Corporation, and SoftBank Investment Advisers invested US$ 1 billion in Uber Technologies Inc. to accelerate its autonomous ride-sharing services program. Thus, growing urbanization coupled with an increase in investment from government and corporate organizations is driving the autonomous ride-sharing services market across the globe.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Challenges in Autonomous Ride-sharing Services Market
- Autonomous vehicles are highly vulnerable to cyber-attacks and pose a threat to the data privacy of users. Moreover, governments of certain countries including India are not supporting driverless cars, as they are likely to cause loss of employment. These factors are restraining the global autonomous ride-sharing services market.
Impact of COVID-19 pandemic on Autonomous Ride-sharing Services Market
- The recent outbreak of COVID-19 pandemic has hampered the production and sales of vehicles as manufacturing plants were shutdown to avoid spread of virus. Additionally, growing awareness about hygiene among people is making them reluctant to use ride-sharing services, which in turn is anticipated to hamper the global autonomous ride-sharing services market.
North America hold Significant Share of Global Autonomous Ride-sharing Services Market
- North America holds a significant share of global autonomous ride-sharing services market, as more people are adopting shared mobility services to curb emissions from vehicles. The Environmental Protection Agency of the U.S. stated that transportation amounted for 28% of the greenhouse gases emitted across the nation in 2018. This is creating awareness among people to use shared mobility services and reduce fuel consumption. Furthermore, government agencies are investing considerably in the development of autonomous vehicles. For instance, the U.S. Department of Transportation is investing US$ 4 billion to accelerate the development of autonomous vehicles. This has prompted companies such as Waymo LLC, Ford Motor Company and General Motors to launch their fleet of autonomous vehicles for ride-sharing. These factors are fuelling the share held by North America in the global autonomous ride-sharing services market.
Key Players Operating in Autonomous Ride-sharing Services Market
The global autonomous ride-sharing services market is highly concentrated due to the presence of top players. A few of the key players operating in the global autonomous ride-sharing services market are:
- Addison Lee Limited
- ANI Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
- Beijing Xiaoju Technology Co, Ltd.
- Lyft, Inc.
- Meru Mobility Tech Private Limited
- Ridecell, Inc
- Tesloop Inc.
- Uber Technologies Inc.
- Waymo LLC
- WILLER, Inc.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Autonomous Ride-sharing Services Market, Request for a Sample
Global Autonomous Ride-sharing Services Market: Research Scope
Global Ride-sharing Services Market, by End Users
- Private Users
Global Ride-sharing Services Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Utility Vehicles
- Commercial Vehicle
Global Ride-sharing Services Market, by Electric Vehicle
- Battery Electric Vehicle (BEV)
- Hybrid Electric Vehicle (HEV)
Global Ride-sharing Services Market, by Distribution Platform
- Web Based
- App Based
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.