Extensive research has been made in intelligent parking systems. Researchers have over the past few years have developed new models for evaluating the intelligence criteria for autonomous parking systems, typically called evaluation index system. Autonomous systems help in automatic parking of the systems. An assortment of sensor and other technologies have been used to achieve this. In particular, the focus of developing smart parking systems for driverless vehicles has spurred exciting avenues in the autonomous parking system market. Growing awareness about the benefits of such system is a key driver for commercialization of products.
A number of collaborative projects have enriched the technological landscape of the autonomous parking system market, especially in Europe. Numerous such pilot projects have offered tailwinds. A great deal of the impetus has come from original equipment manufacturers looking for better manoeuvrability through autonomous parking system. Rise in demand for premium vehicles in emerging economies has led to collaborative projects to kick in. A number of apps and mobile technologies make the use of the system hassle-free, which is a key objective for installing autonomous parking systems in high-end vehicles. Rise in discretionary spending of consumers on comfort in vehicles is a key trend behind the lucrative opportunities for manufacturers and developers.
Autonomous Parking System Market: Introduction
- Automatic parking is an autonomous car-maneuvering system that moves a vehicle from a traffic lane into a parking spot to perform parallel, perpendicular, or angle parking
- Rising vehicle sales across the globe coupled with an increase in concern about parking spaces has been driving the demand for autonomous parking systems
Key Drivers of Autonomous Parking System Market
- Convenience and safety are major factors driving the demand for autonomous parking systems. Low-speed car accidents, such as those that occur in parking exercise, can be a source of serious injuries that include whiplash, concussions, and other soft tissue injuries. Parking assist features can help avoid these accidents and provide consumers with convenience and peace of mind that these capabilities provide.
- In the current urbanization context, increasing the parking capacity would be a challenge due to the growing scarcity of available urban space, while constraining the parking area would subdue citizen’s mobility experience. Autonomous parking system is likely to increase the efficiency of parking systems with an urban optimization strategy encompassing both space and mobility dimensions. It is anticipated that autonomous parking systems can accommodate 20% more vehicles as compared to that of manual parking of vehicles. Therefore, optimized parking utilization is a key factor driving the demand for autonomous parking system.
Restrains in Autonomous Parking System Market
- High cost of autonomous parking systems is a major factor hindering the autonomous parking system market; currently, autonomous parking feature is offered only in select model cars.
- The recent outbreak of COVID-19 pandemic has affected national as well as international supply chains, manufacturing and R&D operations, thereby hampering the market. Post first wave of COVID-19 global economies have started opening up and automotive operations have begun to normalize; however, a resurgence of COVID-19 cases in several countries across Europe has prompted governments to opt for a second round of lockdown restrictions and hence, uncertainty in the automotive industry continues
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Opportunities in Autonomous Parking System Market
- In December 2018, The European Union passed a resolution in the European parliament to respond much more proactively to the rapid developments in the automated mobility sector in order to encourage initiatives and to promote stringent safety requirements for all traffic participants. The Commission expects the new market for automated and connected vehicles to expand exponentially, with revenues of the automotive industry estimated to exceed US$ 9.5 billion and US$ 2.75 billion for the electronics sector in the EU. Therefore, the European Union’s focus on promotion of autonomous vehicles is estimated to create significant opportunity for the autonomous parking system market.
Europe holds Significant Share of Global Autonomous Parking System Market
- Europe is a key region for the global autonomous parking systems market. Automotive OEMs from this region, namely Audi, Volvo, Jaguar, and Land Rover are investing considerably in automated technologies to make customers' drive safer and more convenient. Selected premium cars versions from these OEMs are offering autonomous parking feature, where cars can find spaces by themselves and park without human intervention. Moreover, the presence of most of Tier-1 automotive suppliers and collaboration of automotive OEMs with automotive suppliers from the region are projected to boost the development of autonomous parking systems, in terms of cost and accuracy, and consequently, propel the demand autonomous parking systems in the region.
Key Players Operating in Autonomous Parking System Market
The global autonomous parking system market is highly concentrated due to the presence of top manufacturers. A few of the key players operating in the global autonomous parking system market are:
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Continental AG
- Siemens AG
- ZF Friedrichshafen AG
- Valeo S.A.
- AISIN SEIKI Co., Ltd
- Nvidia Corporation
- Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Autonomous Parking System Market, Request for a Sample
Global Autonomous Parking System Market: Research Scope
Global Autonomous Parking System Market, by Technology
- Semi-Autonomous Parking System
- Full-Autonomous Parking System
Global Autonomous Parking System Market, by Propulsion
- Internal Combustion Engine (ICE)
- Battery Electric Vehicle (BEV)
- Hybrid Electric Vehicle (HEV)
Global Autonomous Parking System Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Commercial Vehicle
Global Autonomous Parking System Market, by Sales Channel
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.