Autonomous Bus Door System Market: Introduction
- An autonomous bus door system eliminates the need for human intervention while closing or opening the door of the bus. This system automatically operates through a network of sensors when any person approaches within a specified proximity of the door only when the bus is not moving. The autonomous bus door has a control system based on pneumatic or electric power for efficiently closing and opening the door. These systems reduce the efforts of bus drivers to monitor whether the doors are open or not; thus, ensuring safety of passengers.
- Autonomous bus door systems are also equipped with access control systems that open doors only when a passenger has a valid ticket or pass. This eliminates the hassle of manually checking tickets and provides real-time count of passengers to avoid overcrowding.
Key Drivers of Autonomous Bus Door System Market
- Conventional, manually operated bus door systems are incapable to ensure security of passengers. Erroneous opening or closing of the manually operated door causes injury to the passenger. These systems are also unsafe for school buses, as sudden opening of the door when bus is mobile leads to fatal accidents. Various regulatory agencies have recognized these safety concerns in conventional bus door systems and have mandated implementation of autonomous door systems. For instance, the High Court of Chennai, India, ordered the state transportation agency to implement autonomous door systems on all public transport buses. Likewise, the Government of Australia has instructed all bus operators in the country to install autonomous doors. Thus, regulatory transformations that ensure safety of passengers are fuelling the global autonomous bus door system market.
- A surge in the migration has been witnessed of people from rural areas to urban civilizations in order to earn a livelihood and explore a fancy lifestyle. For instance, the World Economic Forum stated in a press release of September 2019 that the urban population rose six-fold in 2018 to a total of 4.2 billion people. This growing urbanization has boosted the use of mass transportation, especially buses; thus increasing the number of private and public transit buses. The Transportation Statistics Annual Report 2018 published by the U.S. Bureau of Transportation Statistics (BTS) stated that buses account for 47% of transit vehicles across the country. Thus, growing fleet of buses to cater the mobility needs of urban dwellers is driving the global autonomous bus door system market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Challenges in Autonomous Bus Door System
- High cost associated with procurement and maintenance of complex autonomous bus door systems restrains the market. Furthermore, failure of sensors to detect a passenger in the doorway results in an injury, as the limb of the passenger is likely to get trapped in the door. These concerns related to costs and malfunction of the system hampers the global autonomous bus door system market.
Impact of COVID-19 pandemic on Autonomous Bus Door System Market
- The recent outbreak of COVID-19 pandemic has fueled awareness about hygiene in public places to arrest the spread of the coronavirus infection. Autonomous bus door systems have contactless operation that minimizes the contact of passengers with door handles, which are most likely to be contaminated. Thus, growing hygiene awareness amidst the COVID-19 pandemic is anticipated to propel the global autonomous bus door system market.
Europe to hold significant share of Autonomous Bus Door System Market
- Europe is projected to account for a major share of the global autonomous bus door system market due to growing investments in autonomous vehicles for mass transit. For instance, the European Union has funded a project called Future Automated Bus Urban Level Operation Systems (FABULOS) under which three international consortia have been awarded a contract to operate a fleet of autonomous buses in multiple countries. Moreover, several countries in Europe including Germany, the U.K, and France have initiated smart city projects under which Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) routes are being constructed. These BRT routes enable transportation agencies to operate autonomous buses. These buses do not have a driver or operator; hence, require mechanisms that automatically operate the doors for passengers. Thus, ongoing investment in autonomous vehicles and infrastructure development programs are propelling the share held by Europe in the global autonomous bus door system market.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Autonomous Bus Door System Market, Request for a Sample
Key Players Operating in Autonomous Bus Door System Market
The autonomous bus door system market, is highly concentrated due to the presence of top manufacturers. A few of the key players operating in the autonomous bus door system market are:
- Tier 1 Companies
- Bode Sud S.p.A.
- Circle Bus Door Systems Co., Ltd
- Ferro Doors A/S
- IVY MACHINERY (NANJING) CO., LTD.
- R+W Antriebselemente GmbH
- Schaltbau Holding AG
- Daimler AG
- Volkswagen AG
- Robert Bosch GmbH
Global Autonomous Bus Door System: Research Scope
Global Autonomous Bus Door System, by Offering
Global Autonomous Bus Door System, by Door Type
Global Autonomous Bus Door System, by Bus Type
- Mini Bus
- Inter City Bus
- Coach Bus
Global Autonomous Bus Door System, by Door Mechanism
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.