Autonomous Bus Door System Market: Introduction
- An autonomous bus door system eliminates the need for human intervention while closing or opening the door of the bus. This system automatically operates through a network of sensors when any person approaches within a specified proximity of the door only when the bus is not moving. The autonomous bus door has a control system based on pneumatic or electric power for efficiently closing and opening the door. These systems reduce the efforts of bus drivers to monitor whether the doors are open or not; thus, ensuring safety of passengers.
- Autonomous bus door systems are also equipped with access control systems that open doors only when a passenger has a valid ticket or pass. This eliminates the hassle of manually checking tickets and provides real-time count of passengers to avoid overcrowding.
Key Drivers of Autonomous Bus Door System Market
- Conventional, manually operated bus door systems are incapable to ensure security of passengers. Erroneous opening or closing of the manually operated door causes injury to the passenger. These systems are also unsafe for school buses, as sudden opening of the door when bus is mobile leads to fatal accidents. Various regulatory agencies have recognized these safety concerns in conventional bus door systems and have mandated implementation of autonomous door systems. For instance, the High Court of Chennai, India, ordered the state transportation agency to implement autonomous door systems on all public transport buses. Likewise, the Government of Australia has instructed all bus operators in the country to install autonomous doors. Thus, regulatory transformations that ensure safety of passengers are fuelling the global autonomous bus door system market.
- A surge in the migration has been witnessed of people from rural areas to urban civilizations in order to earn a livelihood and explore a fancy lifestyle. For instance, the World Economic Forum stated in a press release of September 2019 that the urban population rose six-fold in 2018 to a total of 4.2 billion people. This growing urbanization has boosted the use of mass transportation, especially buses; thus increasing the number of private and public transit buses. The Transportation Statistics Annual Report 2018 published by the U.S. Bureau of Transportation Statistics (BTS) stated that buses account for 47% of transit vehicles across the country. Thus, growing fleet of buses to cater the mobility needs of urban dwellers is driving the global autonomous bus door system market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Challenges in Autonomous Bus Door System
- High cost associated with procurement and maintenance of complex autonomous bus door systems restrains the market. Furthermore, failure of sensors to detect a passenger in the doorway results in an injury, as the limb of the passenger is likely to get trapped in the door. These concerns related to costs and malfunction of the system hampers the global autonomous bus door system market.
Impact of COVID-19 pandemic on Autonomous Bus Door System Market
- The recent outbreak of COVID-19 pandemic has fueled awareness about hygiene in public places to arrest the spread of the coronavirus infection. Autonomous bus door systems have contactless operation that minimizes the contact of passengers with door handles, which are most likely to be contaminated. Thus, growing hygiene awareness amidst the COVID-19 pandemic is anticipated to propel the global autonomous bus door system market.
Europe to hold significant share of Autonomous Bus Door System Market
- Europe is projected to account for a major share of the global autonomous bus door system market due to growing investments in autonomous vehicles for mass transit. For instance, the European Union has funded a project called Future Automated Bus Urban Level Operation Systems (FABULOS) under which three international consortia have been awarded a contract to operate a fleet of autonomous buses in multiple countries. Moreover, several countries in Europe including Germany, the U.K, and France have initiated smart city projects under which Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) routes are being constructed. These BRT routes enable transportation agencies to operate autonomous buses. These buses do not have a driver or operator; hence, require mechanisms that automatically operate the doors for passengers. Thus, ongoing investment in autonomous vehicles and infrastructure development programs are propelling the share held by Europe in the global autonomous bus door system market.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Autonomous Bus Door System Market, Request for a Sample
Key Players Operating in Autonomous Bus Door System Market
The autonomous bus door system market, is highly concentrated due to the presence of top manufacturers. A few of the key players operating in the autonomous bus door system market are:
- Tier 1 Companies
- Bode Sud S.p.A.
- Circle Bus Door Systems Co., Ltd
- Ferro Doors A/S
- IVY MACHINERY (NANJING) CO., LTD.
- R+W Antriebselemente GmbH
- Schaltbau Holding AG
- Daimler AG
- Volkswagen AG
- Robert Bosch GmbH
Global Autonomous Bus Door System: Research Scope
Global Autonomous Bus Door System, by Offering
Global Autonomous Bus Door System, by Door Type
Global Autonomous Bus Door System, by Bus Type
- Mini Bus
- Inter City Bus
- Coach Bus
Global Autonomous Bus Door System, by Door Mechanism
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.