Global Autonomous Aircraft Market: Overview
The International Civil Aviation Organization ICAO defined an ‘autonomous aircraft’ as a fully-automated or unmanned aircraft, which does not require pilot intervention for flying the aircrafts. The current aircrafts that both the civil and military organizations are using requires the help of operators and autopilot features to some extent. Likewise, the unmanned aircrafts are designed to allow operators to help whenever they require.
On the basis of component, the market for autonomous aircraft is expected to witness dominance of flight management computers segment. The growth is ascribable to the need for the advanced control on the autonomous aircraft. Additionally, the report offers the segmental revenue of the autonomous aircraft market with assessment of the revenue that the market is expected to accumulate in the coming years.
Global Autonomous Aircraft Market: Notable Development
Major companies functioning in the global autonomous aircraft market includes Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Airbus, Elbit Systems, and Northrop Grumman. These players are majorly focusing on the product innovations. In order to achieve that the players are increasingly entering in to the collaborations and partnerships for widening their product portfolio or for receiving advanced technologies.
Planning to lay down future strategy? Perfect your plan with our Report Brochure here
- In 2019, the U.S. Air Force has put a call for use of unmanned vehicles during transportation or majorly during the searching and rescue operations. These autonomous aircrafts or vehicles are able to carry four person at a time, which is equipped with medical care. Availing these aircrafts for these kind of services may turn as a beneficial for army operations. Additionally, growing acceptance and especially from the governmental bodies is expected to fuel the autonomous aircraft market growth.
- In 2019, helicopter-maker Sikorsky has shown their intentions to develop a fully autonomous system, primarily for a helicopters. These kind of investments by key players in the market is benefiting market growth.
Global Autonomous Aircraft Market: Drivers and Restraints
Autonomous technologies eliminates the risks of mishaps due to human errors. Rising accidents due to human error coupled with robust technological advancements in the artificial intelligence has encouraged the need for adopting the autonomous technologies in aircrafts. This is fuelling growth of the global autonomous aircrafts market. Additionally, the advanced technologies are currently available in comparatively low cost and easily accessible, which are again fuelling growth of the global autonomous aircrafts market. Moreover, implication of the autonomous technologies reduces the workloads on pilots, which are augmenting growth of the global automated aircrafts market.
However, the lack of presence of profitable airlines coupled with absence of key players especially in the emerging economies is restraining growth of the autonomous aircraft market. Additionally, requirement of large investment in the market is hampering autonomous aircraft market growth especially in the emerging economies.
Looking for exclusive market insights from business experts? Request a Custom Report here
Global Autonomous Aircraft Market: Regional Outlook
On the basis of region, the autonomous aircraft market is segmented in to North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and the Middle East & Africa. Of these, North America is expected to dominate the global autonomous aircraft market and remain as a dominant in the coming years. This is attributable to the rising number of companies in the global autonomous aircrafts market in the region, which are investing more for research and development activities. These activities may drive the robust development in the technologies and likely to result in to growth of the global autonomous aircraft market.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.