An automotive water valve is a pivotal component of the vehicle engine cooling and vehicle heating and ventilation (HVAC) system. This valve is responsible for proper management of liquid or coolant supply to the engine cooling system and HVAC system. The other applications of the water valve includes windshield wiper fluid control and radiator fluid control for commercial vehicles. Automotive water valves are made of either metal or plastic. A typical water valve performs three functions: start/stop, throttle, and non-return.
Rise in vehicle electrification is primarily driving the global automotive water valve market. Increase in electrification boosts the load over the vehicle engine, which in turn demands a proper cooling system. Therefore, a precise and accurate water valve is of high importance for the engine cooling system and HVAC system. The valve being used must be capable to withstand high pressure generated during peak demands. Essential properties of a water valve are resistance to oxidation, chemical stability to withstand variety of coolants, high strength to withstand high pressure, and long lifespan. Development of lightweight materials, increased demand for vehicle HVAC and engine cooling, and integration of mechanical components with electronic features are expected to offer lucrative opportunities for the automotive water valve market. Asia Pacific and Latin America are witnessing a surge in per capita income, development of road infrastructure, and presence of global vehicle manufacturers. Consequently, demand for vehicles is increasing at a prominent pace across these regions. This is driving the global water valve market at a steady pace.
The global automotive water valve market can be segmented based on type, material, sales channel, vehicle type, and region. In terms of type, the global automotive water valve market can be classified into three segments. Solenoid water valves are widely being utilized in automobiles for engine cooling and HVAC system. These valves are lightweight and easy to operate. Demand for these valves in the automotive industry is increasing due to their simplicity. Electric valves are generally of two types: always open or always close. These valves are operated by electric motors.
In terms of material, the global automotive water valve market can be categorized into two segments. Plastic water valves are widely employed due to their light weight and typically higher strength. Plastic valves are chemically inactive and can sustain typically higher pressure.
Based on sales channel, the global automotive water valve market can be bifurcated into two segments. The OEM segment accounts for a major share of the market, in terms of revenue, as water valves in a vehicle are OEM-fitted and have a long life. Passenger vehicle are witnessing an increase in integration of HVAC systems, which in turn is propelling the global automotive water valve market. The passenger vehicle segment held a major share of the market owing to the higher number of passenger vehicles than commercial vehicles.
In terms of geography, the automotive water valve market can be segmented into five prominent regions. North America and Europe witness significant penetration of HVAC systems in vehicles. Therefore, these regions hold a prominent share of the global automotive water valve market. The rate of incorporating an HVAC system into the vehicle is rising rapidly in Asia Pacific, which is likely to offer numerous opportunities for the global water valve market.
Key players operating in the global automotive water valve market include Bergstrom Inc., JAKŠA d.o.o., Rheinmetall Automotive AG, Continental AG, MAHLE GmbH, Flomatic Corporation, BorgWarner Inc., Emerson Electric Co., Bergstrom Climate Control Systems, HAWE Hydraulics Pvt. Ltd., ARaymond, Eaton, Stant Corporation, and Husco Inernational.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.