Automotive Valve Lifter: Introduction
- A valve lifter, also known as tappet, or cam follower, is a key component in an internal combustion engine. A valve lifter is located between valve lifting mechanism and camshaft lobe.
- A valve lifter eliminates the need for mechanical clearance in the engine's valve train. It also protects the engine valve from thermal expansion normally witnessed in an engine, which is caused due to high temperature generated in the combustion chamber.
Key Drivers of Global Automotive Valve Lifter Market
- Demand for high performance engines and high power in automobiles is driving the market for automotive valve lifter. For instance, high performance vehicles, such as racing cars, that require the engine to deliver high power and performance, require a valve lifter with accurate timing, which ensures timely opening and closing of an engine valve. When a vale lifter is not functioning properly, the engine produces a knocking sound while starting. This indicates that either the engine oil needs to be replaced or valve lifter needs to be cleaned.
- Government regulations and standards have mandated an increase in fuel efficiency of vehicles, which in turn is driving the global automotive valve lifter market. For instance, Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE) regulations across the globe are prompting automakers to enhance fuel efficiency of their vehicles in the time frame proposed by government and regulatory authorities. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) have set standards to improve fuel economy and reduce emission gases for passenger cars and light trucks for all new models from 2017. India has also adopted CAFÉ regulations since April 1, 2017 in order to reduce average corporate CO2 emission caused by two-wheelers, three-wheelers, passenger and commercial vehicles. Similar norms are being adopted in several countries including China to reduce fuel consumption in vehicles.
- Roller tappets or roller valve lifters are gaining popularity among vehicle manufacturers owing to enhanced output performance and vehicle efficiency. Roller tappets can operate at high engine rpms ranging from 1500 to 2000. The only drawback being that roller tappets are expensive.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Rise in trends toward electrical vehicles to hamper global automotive valve lifter market
- Popularity of electrical vehicles is rising, as they are emission-free and are expected to reduce carbon footprint owing to increasing adoption. Norway, Germany, and China are key consumers of electrical vehicles. Electric propulsion also eliminates the IC-engine in vehicles and hence, a rise in preference toward electrical vehicles is expected to hamper the global automotive valve lifter market.
Passenger vehicle segment to account for significant share of automotive valve lifter market
- Increase in popularity of SUVs and hatchbacks in the Americas is driving the demand for SUVs and hatchbacks. Demand for premium sports cars is rising due to increasing standards of living and economic development in Europe and Americas. For instance, Ford Mustang, Chevrolet Camaro, and Audi A5 are a few of the models gaining popularity among consumers in Canada and the U.S.
- Economic development in countries such as India, China, Vietnam, and South Korea has led to improved roads and infrastructure. This, in turn, has fueled the trends of owning a vehicle, resulting in an increase in number of passenger vehicles. Therefore, a rise in the number of passenger vehicles is propelling the automotive valve lifter market.
Asia Pacific to hold prominent share of global automotive valve lifter market
- Countries in Asia Pacific are enacting stringent regulations in order to reduce air pollution and curb climate change. For instance, government regulations such as CAFÉ and pollution control norms in countries such as China, India, and Japan are driving the need for fuel efficient, high-performance vehicles in the region. This, in turn, is fueling the demand for valve lifter that increases the efficiency, power output, and performance of vehicle engine.
Key players operating in global automotive valve lifter market
The global automotive valve lifter market is highly concentrated owing to the presence of top manufacturers. A few of the key players operating in the global automotive valve lifter market are:
- Rane Holdings Limited
- Crower Cams & Equipment Co., Inc.
- Shri Ram International
- Wuxi Xizhou Machinery Co., Ltd.
- SM Motorenteile GmbH
- LUNATI (lunatipower.com.)
- COMP Cams
- SSV Technocrates
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Automotive Valve Lifter market, ask for a customized report
Global Automotive Valve Lifter Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Valve Lifter Market, by Vehicle Type
Global Automotive Valve Lifter Market, by Type
- Hydraulic Valve Lifter
- Mechanical Valve Lifter
- Roller Valve Lifter
Global Automotive Valve Lifter Market, by Sales Channel
Global Automotive Valve Lifter Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.