Vacuum Pump: Introduction
- Vacuum created in engine block is used by brake booster through tubes to create braking power. Due to excessive heat in the engine, the amount of vacuum delivered decreases, which leads in brake failure. Vacuum pump is used to avoid such situations by creating maximum vacuum pressure provided to brake booster.
- Most commonly used vacuum pumps are driven by camshaft of the engine known as mechanical vacuum pump. Recently, several automakers are focusing on the adoption of electric vacuum pump, as it runs through the motor and helps in engine downsizing.
Key Drivers of Global Vacuum Pump Market
- Increase in investments in research and development of vacuum pumps by several key players and governments across the globe is likely to augment the automotive vacuum pump market growth. For instance, Continental AG has invested in its production unit in Asia Pacific to develop new electric vacuum pumps.
- Rapidly growing demand for passenger vehicles in developing countries and increasing usage of light and heavy commercial vehicles in SME industries are likely to drive the market for automotive electric vacuum pumps
- Exponential growth in the adoption of electric vacuum pumps can be attributed to continuous increase in production of electric vehicles since the past decade
- Vehicle manufacturers based in developing economies are focusing on the development of lightweight, fuel-efficient, and compact vehicles, owing to severe emission norms related to vehicles. These factors will drive the market for electric vacuum pumps and their usage in the automotive application.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Electric Vacuum Pump Segment to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- Emissions from vehicles and several industries are responsible for raising global temperature. Increase in global temperature adds approximately 1-2 degrees Celsius year-on-year. Emission from automobiles are responsible for high release of global warming gases, including CO2, NOx, and methane, which leads to global temperature increase. To curb vehicle emission, several government bodies and vehicle manufacturers have introduced electric vehicles in the market.
- Component and system manufacturers in the vehicle industry are emphasizing on increasing mileage of cars. Developed economies in Asia, which include China and Japan, and various countries in Europe have already laid down norms and regulations to enhance the vehicle fuel economy. Owing to potential oil shortage and climatic change, advanced systems are being introduced in vehicles. Consequently, customers are likely to start preferring fuel-efficient cars, prompting manufacturers to produce such vehicles by limiting the dimension of components.
- Automotive electric vacuum pump is not run through engine and is helpful in downsizing the engine. This is likely to reduce fuel consumption and lead to decrease in vehicle emission. This, in turn, will help increase the mileage of vehicles and reduce carbon emission. These factors are expected to boost the market for automotive electric vacuum pumps.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Automotive Vacuum Pump Market, ask for a customized report
Asia Pacific Accounted for Major Share of Global Automotive Vacuum Pump Market
- Asia Pacific alone produces more than 50% of the total vehicles produced globally. China alone accounted for 30% of the vehicle market with production of vehicles exceeding 27 million units each year. As demand and production of vehicles in Asia Pacific is increasing at a rapid pace, there is a significant demand for the vacuum pumps as well in the region, as the automotive vacuum pump market is directly proportional to vehicle demand.
- Developing economies in Asia Pacific, including India, Indonesia, and several other South East Asian countries have seen a rise in demand for vehicles, owing to increase in per capita income, low tax rate on vehicle purchase, and establishment of newer production facilities in the region. This is anticipated to boost the automotive vacuum pump market in Asia Pacific.
- Vehicle manufacturers in Asia Pacific are adopting advanced technologies. Introduction of electric vehicles in China and Japan is projected to augment the demand for automotive electric vacuum pumps in the region.
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global automotive electric vacuum pump market is highly fragmented with top manufacturers accounting for approximately 35%-40% of the market share. Some of the key players operating in the global automotive electric vacuum pump market are:
- Hella KGaA Hueck & Co.
- Continental AG
- Dalian Haina New Energy Auto Parts Manufacturing Co., Ltd.
- ixetic Bad Homburg GmbH
- Lvxiang Electric Vehicle Co., Ltd
- MS Motorservice International GmbH.
- Ningbo Tuopu Group Co., Ltd.SDTec Co.,Ltd.
- Rheinmetall Automotive AG,
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Valeo SA
- GZ Motorsports
- Tuopu Group
- LPR Global
- Youngshin Precision, Co. Ltd
- YT STABLE TECH. CORP.
Global Automotive Vacuum Pump Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Vacuum Pump Market, by Type
- Mechanical Vacuum Pump
- Electric Vacuum Pump
Global Automotive Vacuum Pump Market, by Mechanism Type
- Diaphragm Type
- Leaf Type
- Swing Piston Type
Global Automotive Vacuum Pump Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Light Commercial Vehicle
- Buses & Coaches
Global Automotive Vacuum Pump Market, by Vehicle Type
- Battery Electric Vehicle
- Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle
- Hybrid Electric Vehicle
Global Automotive Vacuum Pump Market, by Sales Channel
Global Automotive Vacuum Pump Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.