Vacuum Pump: Introduction
- Vacuum created in engine block is used by brake booster through tubes to create braking power. Due to excessive heat in the engine, the amount of vacuum delivered decreases, which leads in brake failure. Vacuum pump is used to avoid such situations by creating maximum vacuum pressure provided to brake booster.
- Most commonly used vacuum pumps are driven by camshaft of the engine known as mechanical vacuum pump. Recently, several automakers are focusing on the adoption of electric vacuum pump, as it runs through the motor and helps in engine downsizing.
Key Drivers of Global Vacuum Pump Market
- Increase in investments in research and development of vacuum pumps by several key players and governments across the globe is likely to augment the automotive vacuum pump market growth. For instance, Continental AG has invested in its production unit in Asia Pacific to develop new electric vacuum pumps.
- Rapidly growing demand for passenger vehicles in developing countries and increasing usage of light and heavy commercial vehicles in SME industries are likely to drive the market for automotive electric vacuum pumps
- Exponential growth in the adoption of electric vacuum pumps can be attributed to continuous increase in production of electric vehicles since the past decade
- Vehicle manufacturers based in developing economies are focusing on the development of lightweight, fuel-efficient, and compact vehicles, owing to severe emission norms related to vehicles. These factors will drive the market for electric vacuum pumps and their usage in the automotive application.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Electric Vacuum Pump Segment to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- Emissions from vehicles and several industries are responsible for raising global temperature. Increase in global temperature adds approximately 1-2 degrees Celsius year-on-year. Emission from automobiles are responsible for high release of global warming gases, including CO2, NOx, and methane, which leads to global temperature increase. To curb vehicle emission, several government bodies and vehicle manufacturers have introduced electric vehicles in the market.
- Component and system manufacturers in the vehicle industry are emphasizing on increasing mileage of cars. Developed economies in Asia, which include China and Japan, and various countries in Europe have already laid down norms and regulations to enhance the vehicle fuel economy. Owing to potential oil shortage and climatic change, advanced systems are being introduced in vehicles. Consequently, customers are likely to start preferring fuel-efficient cars, prompting manufacturers to produce such vehicles by limiting the dimension of components.
- Automotive electric vacuum pump is not run through engine and is helpful in downsizing the engine. This is likely to reduce fuel consumption and lead to decrease in vehicle emission. This, in turn, will help increase the mileage of vehicles and reduce carbon emission. These factors are expected to boost the market for automotive electric vacuum pumps.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Automotive Vacuum Pump Market, ask for a customized report
Asia Pacific Accounted for Major Share of Global Automotive Vacuum Pump Market
- Asia Pacific alone produces more than 50% of the total vehicles produced globally. China alone accounted for 30% of the vehicle market with production of vehicles exceeding 27 million units each year. As demand and production of vehicles in Asia Pacific is increasing at a rapid pace, there is a significant demand for the vacuum pumps as well in the region, as the automotive vacuum pump market is directly proportional to vehicle demand.
- Developing economies in Asia Pacific, including India, Indonesia, and several other South East Asian countries have seen a rise in demand for vehicles, owing to increase in per capita income, low tax rate on vehicle purchase, and establishment of newer production facilities in the region. This is anticipated to boost the automotive vacuum pump market in Asia Pacific.
- Vehicle manufacturers in Asia Pacific are adopting advanced technologies. Introduction of electric vehicles in China and Japan is projected to augment the demand for automotive electric vacuum pumps in the region.
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global automotive electric vacuum pump market is highly fragmented with top manufacturers accounting for approximately 35%-40% of the market share. Some of the key players operating in the global automotive electric vacuum pump market are:
- Hella KGaA Hueck & Co.
- Continental AG
- Dalian Haina New Energy Auto Parts Manufacturing Co., Ltd.
- ixetic Bad Homburg GmbH
- Lvxiang Electric Vehicle Co., Ltd
- MS Motorservice International GmbH.
- Ningbo Tuopu Group Co., Ltd.SDTec Co.,Ltd.
- Rheinmetall Automotive AG,
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Valeo SA
- GZ Motorsports
- Tuopu Group
- LPR Global
- Youngshin Precision, Co. Ltd
- YT STABLE TECH. CORP.
Global Automotive Vacuum Pump Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Vacuum Pump Market, by Type
- Mechanical Vacuum Pump
- Electric Vacuum Pump
Global Automotive Vacuum Pump Market, by Mechanism Type
- Diaphragm Type
- Leaf Type
- Swing Piston Type
Global Automotive Vacuum Pump Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Light Commercial Vehicle
- Buses & Coaches
Global Automotive Vacuum Pump Market, by Vehicle Type
- Battery Electric Vehicle
- Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle
- Hybrid Electric Vehicle
Global Automotive Vacuum Pump Market, by Sales Channel
Global Automotive Vacuum Pump Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.