Global Automotive Timing Chain Market: Introduction
- Application of automotive timing chain in high performance vehicles, as it is a vital component, and increasing demand for high performance vehicles are expected to boost the market.
- The automotive timing chain is fitted inside the engine and is covered in engine oil. The timing chain is subjected to constant stress while the engine is running and hence, chances of timing chain failure are high owing to excessive wear and elongation that might occur over time. Irregular engine oil replacements and use of low quality oil and lubricant are major reasons that can lead to failure of the timing chain in a vehicle.
Key drivers of global automotive timing chain market
- Demand for improved engine performance and fuel economy is driving the demand for automotive timing chain. The timing chain is a vital component that helps improve vehicle performance and speed; hence, it is widely adopted in luxury vehicles, premium vehicles, and sports vehicles.
- Government initiatives and new standards across the globe are prompting vehicle manufacturers to enhance fuel economy, which is achieved by reduction in weight of vehicle and components. For instance, Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFÉ) standards in Europe and Asia Pacific are paving the road for vehicles with greater fuel economy. Reduction of vehicle engine weight in order to enhance fuel economy is a key factor driving the automotive chain market.
- Increasing demand for smooth running engines coupled with increasing demand for luxury and sport utility vehicles propel demand for comfort and luxury vehicles. For instance, sport utility vehicle accounted for 36.4%, or 29.22 million units, of the total vehicles sold globally in 2018. In terms of volume, the SUV segment expanded by 6.8% or almost 1.9 million units, as compared to 27.88 million units of SUVs sold the previous year.
- Automotive timing chains reduce friction by 25% as compared to that witnessed when using belt technology. Moreover, timing chains may last the entire life of the vehicle and are more reliable than traditional belt technology in IC-engines. Therefore, automakers are preferring timing chains over belt technology. Research and development in timing chains, which are light weight, low cost, and possess longer life, is boosting the global automotive timing chain market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Developments in Gasoline Direct Injection (GDI) engines to propel global automotive timing chain market
- Vehicle manufacturers, including Hyundai, BMW, Audi, General Motors, and Mitsubishi, offer gasoline direct injection engines in their vehicles. The GDI engine offers superior fuel economy and enhanced vehicle performance when coupled with turbochargers. In 2018, Russia, U.S., and Canada accounted for approximately 31.5%, or 9.379 million SUVs out of the total 29.77 million SUVs sold globally. Therefore, a rise in preference toward GDI engines along with a surge in sale of luxury vehicles is driving the global automotive timing chain market.
Asia Pacific to hold prominent share of global automotive timing chain market
- Joint ventures between various OEMs to boost production and manufacturing of their production plants in countries, such as China and India, in Asia pacific are driving the automotive timing chain market in the region. For instance, in August 2018, Suzuki and Toyota entered into a joint venture under which Suzuki invested US$ 1 billion in Toyota’s plant at Bengaluru, India. This investment is aimed at expanding vehicle production facilities of both Suzuki and Toyota.
Key players operating in global automotive timing chain market
The global automotive timing chain market is highly concentrated owing to the presence of top manufacturers. A few of the key players operating in the global automotive timing chain market are:
- Tsubakimoto Europe B.V
- TSUBAKIMOTO CHAIN CO.
- MAPCO Autotechnik GmbH
- Schaeffler Automotive Aftermarket GmbH & Co. KG
- FAI Automotive plc
- BorgWarner Inc.
- Ferdinand Bilstein GmbH + Co. KG
- Dayco IP Holdings, LLC
- BG Automotive (British Gaskets Group)
- ContiTech AG (Continental AG)
- Ferdinand Bilstein GmbH + Co. KG
- S.A. Gear, Inc.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Automotive Timing Chain Market, ask for a customized report
Global Automotive Timing Chain Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Timing Chain Market, by Vehicle Type
Global Automotive Timing Chain Market, by Prolusion
Global Automotive Timing Chain Market, by Product Type
- Roller Chain
- Silent Chain
Global Automotive Timing Chain Market, by Engine Type
- Overhead Cam Engine
- Push Rod Engine
Global Automotive Timing Chain Market, by Sales Channel
Global Automotive Timing Chain Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.