Throttle body is a part of the air intake system which controls the air flow to the engine, which is used to control the engine power and speed. The throttle body is positioned between the air intake hose and the intake manifold.
The newly emerging concept of individual throttle body (ITB) is expected to drive the automotive throttle body assembly market during the forecast period. Earlier vehicles used to be equipped with a single throttle body. In a single throttle body design, air rushes into the intake manifold’s plenum when the throttle is opened. There is always a time interval between the opening of the throttle and the filling of the air into the plenum and then into each cylinder. This affects the overall performance of the vehicle by creating a delay in the response time of the throttle.
While, in case of individual throttle bodies, the plenum always remains pre-filled with air, irrespective of the condition of the throttle (open or closed). Thus, there is no delay in the response time, and the throttle is quick and responsive. The individual throttle bodies thus provide for a better and improved performance of the vehicle. Currently, the individual throttle body is more expensive than a single throttle body. However, efforts are being taken to reduce the cost of the automotive throttle body assembly.
Increasing production volumes of both passenger as well as commercial vehicles is likely to propel the automotive throttle body assembly market during the forecast period. Stringent rules and regulations regarding reduction in fuel emissions, which are laid down by the governments of various nations across the world, are expected to fuel the automotive throttle body assembly market in the near future. Recent efforts being taken for the transition from throttle-by-cable system to throttle-by-wire system is anticipated to further boost the automotive throttle body assembly market in the next few years. This is primarily ascribed to the advantages offered by throttle-by-wire system over the throttle-by-cable system such as better traction and stability control, better response and smooth application of power with least amount of shock provided to the system.
The automotive throttle body is likely to require repair and maintenance due to contamination with dirt and other impurities over a period of time. The throttle body is also likely to occasionally overheat due to overriding. This is estimated to hinder the automotive throttle body assembly market during the forecast period. Electric vehicles do not require the throttle body assembly for their operation. Rising demand for electric vehicles is anticipated to restrain the automotive throttle body assembly market in the next few years.
Based on vehicle type, the automotive throttle body assembly market can be segmented into passenger vehicles and commercial vehicles. The passenger vehicles segment is expected to expand at a considerable growth rate during the forecast period owing to the increasing demand for passenger vehicles witnessed across the world in recent years.
Based on the type of throttle control, the automotive throttle body assembly market can be divided into mechanical throttle control and electronic throttle control. The electronic throttle control system runs a reduced risk of wear and tear of its components, and thus requires lesser maintenance than the mechanical throttle control system. The main control unit of the electronic throttle control system not only reads the input from the driver's foot on the accelerator, but also derives input from the wheels that are slipping, wheels that have grip, the steering system, and the brakes, unlike the mechanical throttle control system. Thus, the electronic throttle control system provides safety benefits by correcting the driver’s errors and helping to keep the car under control.
Based on sales channel, the automotive throttle body assembly market can be classified into OEM (original equipment manufacturer) and aftermarket. The OEM segment is anticipated to expand at a significant growth rate during the forecast period, since the automotive throttle body assembly does not require frequent replacement or maintenance. The throttle body requires repair and maintenance only when it gets contaminated by dirt or other impurities, or if the throttle body gets overheated due to overriding.
Based on geographical region, the automotive throttle body assembly market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. The market in Asia Pacific is estimated to expand at a significant growth rate in the near future owing to the increasing production of vehicles and the strong presence of key vehicle manufacturers in few countries of Asia Pacific such as China, Japan, and South Korea.
Key players operating in the global automotive throttle body assembly market include Bosch Auto Parts, Continental AG, Delphi Technologies, Magneti Marelli S.p.A., DENSO CORPORATION, BBK PERFORMANCE, and Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas, Inc.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.