Automotive Suspension Spring Market
Automotive Suspension Spring Market (Spring Type: Coil Spring, Leaf Spring, and Torsion Bar; Vehicle Type: Passenger Vehicle and Commercial Vehicle; Material: Alloy Steel, Carbon Steel, Stainless Steel, and Others; and Sales Channel: OEM and Aftermarket) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020-2030
Press Release :
Alternative Sourcing Strategies Help Maintain Steady Supply Chains during COVID-19 Crisis
Several number of companies are restarting their operations since the COVID-19 pandemic has significantly subsided with the beginning of 2021. China, being the manufacturing hub for automobiles, is dictating the global automotive market in terms of demand and supply. Shortages of supplies from China have led to a domino effect around the world. Hence, companies in the automotive suspension spring market are focusing on supplying critical components to support manufacturers. They should consider adopting alternative sourcing strategies to maintain steady international supply chains.
Apart from identifying alternate suppliers, companies in the automotive suspension spring market should take into account the potential tax and tariff implications of suppliers. This involves customs, duties, and transfer pricing considerations, if the substitute components are internally sourced. As a response to the coronavirus pandemic, manufacturers are improving supply chain visibility and lines of communication to assess potential problems early on.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Automotive Suspension Spring Market
Air Spring Systems: Potential Threat to Automotive Suspension Spring Systems
The automotive suspension spring market is predicted to expand at a CAGR of ~5% during the assessment period. However, air spring systems made with airbags are emerging as a threat to steel coil springs and traditional spring suspension, which is likely to hamper market growth. As such, high cost, mechanical, and maintenance issues of air spring systems tend to establish a steady demand for conventional automotive suspension spring systems.
In order to increase sales of automotive suspension spring systems, manufacturers need to adopt inventiveness in their R&D and production activities. For instance, Mubea— a lightweight construction specialist for high-strength automotive components, has introduced its GFRP (Glass Fiber Reinforced Plastic) tension leaf spring, which is replacing traditional steel leaf springs. Thus, weight reduction in vehicles has become a crucial focus point for manufacturers in the in the automotive suspension spring market.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Collaborations Unlock Lucrative Potentials in Specialist Passenger Vehicles
Superior handling, less weight, and added comfort are being looked after in independent front suspension systems. Companies in the automotive suspension spring market are deploying innovations in independent front suspension systems, owing to their advantages of more stability and improved ride quality in rough terrains. The growing consumer preference for SUVs has fueled the demand for automotive suspension spring systems. This is evident since vehicle owners are becoming aware about superior lower and upper control arm features.
Suppliers and OEMs are collaborating with prestigious automotive vehicle manufacturers to design robust suspension springs. For instance, Melling Performance Springs— a spring supplier in Lytham St Annes, England, is partnering with renowned automotive vehicle manufacturers to deploy inventive technologies in steering system springs and suspension. Companies in the automotive suspension spring market are extending their supply arms for specialist passenger vehicles and premier automotive to expand their revenue streams.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Automotive Suspension Spring Market
Economical Production of Helical Compression Springs Grabs Attention of Stakeholders
The current density of traffic on roads has triggered the requirement for safe and comfortable vehicles. Manufacturers in the automotive suspension spring market are increasing efforts to introduce intuitive designs, cost-effectiveness, and fault-free operation in systems to enhance driver safety and comfort. Apart from coil and leaf springs, manufacturers are developing helical compression springs that offer resilience in components and systems. The compact design of helical compression springs is grabbing the attention of OEMs, automotive manufacturers, and others in the value chain.
Space saving installations with compact design of helical compression springs is likely to boost car sales. Manufacturers in the automotive suspension spring market are capitalizing on this opportunity, as developing helical compression springs is economical. Maintenance-free attributes of helical compression springs ensure a proper pitch response and ground clearance of the vehicle body.
Superior capital allocation and budgeting programs help companies in the automotive suspension spring market to assess their impact on cash and liquidity amidst the ongoing COVID-19 crisis. Value added services by OEMs, such as failure analysis, technical review, and testing capabilities are gaining the attention of automotive manufacturers. The market is expected to reach the valuation of US$ 25 Bn by the end of 2030. However, the ever-changing nature of auto technology has triggered the need for auto mechanic training. Hence, companies should increase their research spending to gain a competitive edge over other OEMs and suppliers, since alternative technologies such as air spring systems pose a threat to the sales of automotive suspension springs.
Automotive Suspension Spring Market: Overview
- The global automotive suspension spring market is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of ~5% during the forecast period, owing to increase in urbanization and rise in the demand for smart cities around the world that have propelled the usage of passenger cars and light commercial vehicles significantly
- Increased competition among automakers to launch models with competitive features has fueled the adoption of suspension springs across the globe. In 2014, Nissan launched Navara, the first pick-up truck with rear coil spring suspension. Likewise, the Ford Motor Company, General Motors, and Toyota Motor Corporation have been working actively to design new models with suspension springs, including coil and leaf springs, which is likely to boost the automotive suspension spring market across the globe.
Drivers of Automotive Suspension Spring Market
- Increasing demand for commercial vehicles due to expansion of the industrial sector is estimated to boost the production of light commercial vehicles, as they are used in industries, which, in turn, is likely to increase the demand for leaf springs and coil springs across the globe. This is anticipated to boost the automotive suspension spring market across the globe.
- Increased demand for electric vehicles is projected to further boost the demand for lightweight suspension springs. Manufacturers of suspension springs must, therefore, make necessary investments and gain expertise to develop lightweight suspension springs. Moreover, light weighting is imperative in the automotive industry and lightweight coil springs offer significant opportunity to manufacturers, which is likely to propel automotive suspension spring market across the globe.
Challenges for Automotive Suspension Spring Market
- The COVID-19 pandemic has caused a majority of businesses across the globe to crumble, owing to the forced shutdown of production and manufacturing activities. This has led the global economy to contract to its lowest growth rate. Majority of businesses in every industry is codependent and part of major supply chain in the market. Disruption in supply chain attributing to stoppage of transportation and shipping services, and reduced demand for vehicles across the globe are likely to affect the global automotive industry.
- High quality materials, including hardened steel for suspension spring may increase the cost of vehicles. Major fluctuation in prices of raw materials, which is likely to pose a challenge for the automotive suspension spring market across the globe.
Segmentation of Automotive Suspension Spring Market
- The global automotive suspension spring market has been segmented based on spring type, vehicle type, material, sales channel, and region
- Based on spring type, the coil spring segment dominated the global automotive suspension spring market. The transition among light duty vehicles and pick-up trucks from leaf springs to coil springs is anticipated to increase the demand for the coil springs during the forecast period. Rise in sale of passenger vehicles across the globe is likely to boost the demand for coil springs, which, in turn, is anticipated to boost the automotive suspension spring market across the globe.
- Based on vehicle type, the passenger vehicle held a major share of the global automotive suspension spring market. Rise in demand for passenger vehicles across the globe is projected to fuel the demand for suspension spring, as they provide comfort while driving. This, in turn, is anticipated to propel the automotive suspension spring market across the globe.
Automotive Suspension Spring Market: Regional Analysis
- Based on region, the global automotive suspension spring market has been segregated into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Europe and Asia Pacific are projected to be highly lucrative markets during the forecast period. Rapid expansion of manufacturing industries across Asia Pacific is anticipated to propel the automotive suspension spring market across the region. Major presence of vehicle manufacturers across Europe is likely to drive the automotive suspension spring market.
Automotive Suspension Spring Market: Competition Landscape
- Key players operating in the global automotive suspension spring market include
- Eaton Detroit Spring
- Jamna Auto Industries
- FAW Group
- NHK Springs
- Continental AG
- Kilen Springs
- Draco Spring Mfg. Co.
- Renton Coil Spring Co.
- American Showa Inc.
- Marelli SpA
- Showa Corporation
- Key players at the global level are expanding their footprint by engaging in mergers & acquisitions with several other players in the industry. In May 2018, Sogefi SpA announced that it would start the production of coil springs at its production facility located at Wujiang, China. Previously, the company used to manufacture stabilizer bars at this facility. The production of coil springs is expected to cater to the increasing demand for higher technical standards required by local manufacturers. Emco has expanded its business in Asia Pacific by opening a new production facility at Haixing, Hebei Province in China. The facility is spread over an area of 200,000 square feet. The company aims to establish a strong service network by providing its products to several reputable steel mills.
Automotive Suspension Spring Market – Scope of the Report
Transparency Market Research’s recent report on the automotive suspension spring market, with the help of a comprehensive outlook, provides readers with an assessment of the global market landscape. This study on the automotive suspension spring market analyzes the scenario for the period of 2019 to 2030, wherein, 2019 is the base year and 2018 and before is historical data. This report enables readers to make important decisions with regard to their business, with the help of a wealth of Information enclosed in the study.
This TMR study on the automotive suspension spring market also provides data on the developments made by important players and stakeholders in the market, along with a competitive analysis. The report also provides an understanding of the strengths, weaknesses, threats, and opportunities, along with the trends and restraints in the landscape. Presented in a clear sanctioned manner, this report on the automotive suspension spring market gives readers an individual understanding of the market.
Key Questions Answered in This Report on Automotive Suspension Spring Market
- How much value will the automotive suspension spring market generate by the end of the forecast period?
- Which segment of the market is likely to have the maximum market share by 2030?
- What are the impact factors and there effects on the market for automotive suspension spring market?
- What regions currently contribute the maximum share to the overall automotive suspension spring market?
- What are the indicators expected to drive the automotive suspension spring market?
What region is likely to be a lucrative market during the forecast period?
- What are the essential strategies by key stakeholders in the automotive suspension spring market to expand their geographic presence?
- What are the major advancements witnessed in the automotive suspension spring market?
- How regulatory norms affected the market for automotive suspension spring market?
This report answers these questions and more about the automotive suspension spring market, aiding major stakeholders and key players in making the right decisions and strategizing for the advancement of their business.
Automotive Suspension Spring Market – Research Methodology
This TMR report on the automotive suspension spring market is based on a complete and comprehensive evaluation of the market, backed by secondary and primary sources. Market volume is determined by country wise model mapping of vehicle through internal & external proprietary databases, and relevant patent and regulatory databases. The competitive scenario of the automotive suspension spring market is supported by an assessment of the different factors that influence the market on a minute and granular level. By thoroughly analyzing the historical data, current trends and announcement by the key players, researchers of the automotive suspension spring market arrive at predictions and estimations, and calculate the forecast for the market.
This report uses an analytical triangulation method to estimate the numbers and figures of the automotive suspension spring market, with both a bottom-up and top-down approach.
This detailed assessment of the automotive suspension spring market, along with an overview of the landscape, is provided based on a careful examination of the avenues related to this industry. Analysts’ conclusions on how the automotive suspension spring market is estimated to expand are based on carefully vetted primary and secondary sources.
Automotive Suspension Spring Market – Segmentation
This report on the automotive suspension spring market provides information on the basis of spring type, vehicle type, material, sales channel, and region.
This study also discusses the underlying trends and impact of various factors that are driving the automotive suspension spring market, along with their influence on the evolution of the market.
This study also offers Porter’s Five Point Analysis, value chain analysis, regulatory scenario, and a SWOT analysis of the automotive suspension spring market, in order to elaborate the crucial growth tactics and opportunities for market players contributing to the market.