Automotive Surface Coated Brake Market: Introduction
- Automotive surface coated brake has a protective layer of materials such as carbon, zinc, or tungsten over the braking and non-braking surface, which acts as a special barrier layer; thereby preventing rust, corrosion, and reducing wear and dust
- These coats also enhance the friction co-efficient of braking systems, which helps produce more braking power and reduces braking distance
Key Drivers of Automotive Surface Coated Brake Market
- On-going investments by governments toward increasing employment, reducing inflation rates, and boosting foreign direct investments are enhancing the economic status of the population. Growing disposable income of the global population has led to a rise in the number of on-road vehicles. International Organization of Motor Vehicle Manufacturers (OICA) stated that 67.14 million passenger vehicles were sold in 2019. Furthermore, a rise in transportation and logistics activities has further boosted the number of on-road commercial vehicles. Increase in usage of vehicles is increasing the exposure of the brake systems of these vehicles to high heat and harsh environments, which increases wear and degrades braking efficiency. This has created the demand for specially coated brakes that possess high anti-corrosion properties and offer better heat dissipation. Thus, growing usage of vehicles along with a rise in the number of on-road vehicles is fueling the automotive surface coated brake market.
- Transportation is a leading cause for a rise in the levels of pollution worldwide. The dust generated from the brakes of vehicles is a major contributor to particulate pollutants in the air. Rising concerns regarding brake dust have prompted automotive players to adopt environment-friendly braking solutions. For instance, in 2017, Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. partnered with Robert Bosch GmbH to develop surface coated brake systems, which were deployed on the Porsche Cayenne. Thus, growing awareness about environment-friendly solutions is driving the global automotive surface coated brake market.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Automotive Surface Coated Brake Market, Request for a Sample
Challenges in Automotive Surface Coated Brake Market
- The coating of the rotor discs or drums with specialty material to enhance their performance lengthens the manufacturing process and increases the cost of the product, thus restraining its adoption in low-priced vehicles
Impact of COVID-19 pandemic on Automotive Surface Coated Brake Market
- The COVID-19 pandemic disrupted automotive supply chains around the globe, thus creating a shortage of raw materials and components, thereby hampering the global automotive surface coated brake market. However, demand for surface coated brakes across the globe is anticipated to increase as governments are easing restrictions and companies are restarting their operations with precautionary measures.
North America and Europe to hold significant share of global automotive surface coated brake market
- Growing awareness and stringent government regulations to ensure vehicle safety in North America and Europe are boosting the demand for automotive surface coated brakes, as they reduce noise, vibrations, wear, and enhance braking efficiency. Furthermore, newly introduced environment laws that restrict the dust generated from brakes as well as materials used in brakes are also propelling the demand for automotive surface coated brake across these regions.
Key Players Operating in Automotive Surface Coated Brake Market
The global automotive surface coated brake market is highly concentrated due to the presence of top manufacturers. A few of the key players operating in the automotive surface coated brake market are:
- Akebono Brake Corporation
- BorgWarner Inc.
- Brake Parts Inc LLC.
- Brembo S.p.A.
- DRiV Inc.
- HELLA GmbH & Co. KGaA
- LUMAG Sp. z o.o.
- Nisshinbo Holdings Inc.
- OPTIMAL AG & Co. KG
- Otto Zimmermann Maschinen- und Apparatebau GmbH
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Schaeffler AG
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Automotive Surface Coated Brake Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Surface Coated Brake Market, by Type of Coating
- Tungsten Carbide
- Zinc Aluminum
- Others (Carbon)
Global Automotive Surface Coated Brake Market, by Brake Type
Global Automotive Surface Coated Brake Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Commercial Vehicle
- Light Commercial Vehicle
- Heavy Commercial Vehicle
Global Automotive Surface Coated Brake Market, by Sales Channel
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!