Automotive Surface Coated Brake Market: Introduction
- Automotive surface coated brake has a protective layer of materials such as carbon, zinc, or tungsten over the braking and non-braking surface, which acts as a special barrier layer; thereby preventing rust, corrosion, and reducing wear and dust
- These coats also enhance the friction co-efficient of braking systems, which helps produce more braking power and reduces braking distance
Key Drivers of Automotive Surface Coated Brake Market
- On-going investments by governments toward increasing employment, reducing inflation rates, and boosting foreign direct investments are enhancing the economic status of the population. Growing disposable income of the global population has led to a rise in the number of on-road vehicles. International Organization of Motor Vehicle Manufacturers (OICA) stated that 67.14 million passenger vehicles were sold in 2019. Furthermore, a rise in transportation and logistics activities has further boosted the number of on-road commercial vehicles. Increase in usage of vehicles is increasing the exposure of the brake systems of these vehicles to high heat and harsh environments, which increases wear and degrades braking efficiency. This has created the demand for specially coated brakes that possess high anti-corrosion properties and offer better heat dissipation. Thus, growing usage of vehicles along with a rise in the number of on-road vehicles is fueling the automotive surface coated brake market.
- Transportation is a leading cause for a rise in the levels of pollution worldwide. The dust generated from the brakes of vehicles is a major contributor to particulate pollutants in the air. Rising concerns regarding brake dust have prompted automotive players to adopt environment-friendly braking solutions. For instance, in 2017, Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. partnered with Robert Bosch GmbH to develop surface coated brake systems, which were deployed on the Porsche Cayenne. Thus, growing awareness about environment-friendly solutions is driving the global automotive surface coated brake market.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Automotive Surface Coated Brake Market, Request for a Sample
Challenges in Automotive Surface Coated Brake Market
- The coating of the rotor discs or drums with specialty material to enhance their performance lengthens the manufacturing process and increases the cost of the product, thus restraining its adoption in low-priced vehicles
Impact of COVID-19 pandemic on Automotive Surface Coated Brake Market
- The COVID-19 pandemic disrupted automotive supply chains around the globe, thus creating a shortage of raw materials and components, thereby hampering the global automotive surface coated brake market. However, demand for surface coated brakes across the globe is anticipated to increase as governments are easing restrictions and companies are restarting their operations with precautionary measures.
North America and Europe to hold significant share of global automotive surface coated brake market
- Growing awareness and stringent government regulations to ensure vehicle safety in North America and Europe are boosting the demand for automotive surface coated brakes, as they reduce noise, vibrations, wear, and enhance braking efficiency. Furthermore, newly introduced environment laws that restrict the dust generated from brakes as well as materials used in brakes are also propelling the demand for automotive surface coated brake across these regions.
Key Players Operating in Automotive Surface Coated Brake Market
The global automotive surface coated brake market is highly concentrated due to the presence of top manufacturers. A few of the key players operating in the automotive surface coated brake market are:
- Akebono Brake Corporation
- BorgWarner Inc.
- Brake Parts Inc LLC.
- Brembo S.p.A.
- DRiV Inc.
- HELLA GmbH & Co. KGaA
- LUMAG Sp. z o.o.
- Nisshinbo Holdings Inc.
- OPTIMAL AG & Co. KG
- Otto Zimmermann Maschinen- und Apparatebau GmbH
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Schaeffler AG
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Automotive Surface Coated Brake Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Surface Coated Brake Market, by Type of Coating
- Tungsten Carbide
- Zinc Aluminum
- Others (Carbon)
Global Automotive Surface Coated Brake Market, by Brake Type
Global Automotive Surface Coated Brake Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Commercial Vehicle
- Light Commercial Vehicle
- Heavy Commercial Vehicle
Global Automotive Surface Coated Brake Market, by Sales Channel
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.