Automotive supportive brake components: Introduction
- The braking system is an important part of the vehicle. Every modern vehicle is fitted with a brake on all four wheels, which are operated by the hydraulic system. The brakes are primarily of two types: Disc brake and drum brake. The front brakes offer more advantage than the rear brake system while braking the vehicle as it is likely to cause the passenger to move forward and hence, more amount of braking is required on the front side. Consequently, the front wheels are fitted with the disc brake, while the rear wheels are equipped with the drum brake.
- The supportive brake components comprise the brake caliper, brake pads, brake liner, and brake shoes. These components constitute the brake system, which helps to stop the vehicle or reduce vehicle speed. Currently, the electronic brake system, which includes the anti-lock brake system and electronic traction control, are being incorporated in vehicles. This controls the speed of the vehicle with the help of electronic control unit and speed sensors.
Key drivers of automotive supportive brake components market
- Every vehicle manufacturer’s primary aim is to provide safety in the vehicle, which is expected to be a key factor that drives the automotive supportive brake components market. Rise in demand for vehicles across the globe is also likely to fuel the automotive supportive brake components market. Governments across the globe have compelled automakers to fit anti-lock braking system in every vehicle manufactured after 2017.
- Increase in number of passenger cars is projected to boost the adoption of the disc brake, which in turn is likely to propel the automotive supportive brake components market. Demand for advance braking system, including electronic stability control system, is significantly high, as the electronic stability control system applies brakes on the individual wheel and helps reduce the power of the engine and subsequently help to control the vehicle speed.
- In February 2017, ZF Friedrichshafen AG with the Brakes India Limited jointly developed the electronic parking brake system, which is driven by a motor that applies brakes to the rear wheel. Demand for such systems is rising and every vehicle manufacturer is focused on the development of such advance safety system, which in turn is estimated to propel the automotive supportive brake components market.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Automotive Supportive Brake Components Market, Request for a Sample
Asia Pacific & Europe to hold prominent share of global automotive supportive brake components market
- Rise in production of vehicle in Asia Pacific is attributed to the dominant position held by the region in the global automotive supportive components market. The Government of India has prompted manufacturers to integrate anti-lock brake system in every vehicle from April 2019. This regulation is projected to boost the automotive supportive brake components market in the country. Demand for vehicles in China is high due to economic stability and a rise in disposable income of people, which in turn is likely to propel the automotive supportive brake components market in China.
- Following Asia Pacific, Europe held a significant share of the global automotive supportive brake components market. Vehicle manufacturers of various countries are compelling automakers to increase integration of safety features in their vehicles. Major Tier-1 suppliers who manufacture brake components are based in Europe including Robert Bosch, Continental AG, and BREMBO S.p.A. The factors mentioned above are likely to boost the automotive supportive brake components market in Europe.
Key players operating in automotive supportive brake components market:
The global automotive supportive brake components market is highly concentrated owing to the presence of top manufacturers. A few of the key players operating in the global automotive supportive brake components market are:
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Continental Inc.
- Denso Corporation
- ZF Friedrichshafen
- BREMBO S.p.A
- Akebono Brake Industry Co.Ltd.
- Valeo SA
- Delphi Automotive
- Autoliv Inc.
- Knorr-Bremse AG
- Mando Corporation
- Wabco Holdings
- Nisshinbo Brake Inc.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Automotive Supportive Brake Components Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Supportive Brake Components Market, by Brake Type
- Disc Brake
- Drum Brake
Global Automotive Supportive Brake Components Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger vehicle
- Commercial vehicle
Global Automotive Supportive Brake Components Market, by Component
- Brake Caliper
- Brake Pads
- Brake Linings
- Brake shoes
Global Automotive Supportive Brake Components Market, by System
- Anti-Lock Brake System
- Electronic Stability Control system
- Electronic Brake Distribution
Global Automotive Supportive Brake Components Market, by Autonomous Type
- Fully Autonomous Vehicle
- Semi-Autonomous vehicle
Global Automotive Supportive Brake Components Market, by Electrical Vehicle Type
- Hybrid Electric Vehicle
- Battery Electric Vehicle
Global Automotive Supportive Brake Components Market, by Sales Channel
Global Automotive Supportive Brake Components Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.