Automotive Structured Oil Pan Market: Introduction
- Rise in demand for passenger and commercial vehicles for several transportation applications boosts the adoption of automotive structured oil pan or oil sump
- Automotive structured oil pan refers to an oil tray or oil sump that has pickup tube that hangs into pan in order to suck up the oil. Once the oil is used by the engine it collects back into the pan. This structured oil pan is also utilized for cooling oil, as the cooling fins are attached to structured oil pan. Moreover, the structured oil pan is extensively utilized in two-stroke and four-stroke internal combustion (IC) engines.
Key Drivers of Automotive Structured Oil Pan Market
- Rise in production of automotive across the globe and increasing replacement of conventional structured oil pans with composite lightweight oil pans boost the demand for structured oil pans. Moreover, demand for commercial automotive is rising in most end-use industries across the world and increasing use of personal transport vehicles further propel the automotive structured oil pan market. Expansion of the automotive industry in most developing countries such as India, China, Brazil, and Mexico boosts the sales of the SUVs, sedans, and hatchback vehicles, which in turn is estimated to drive the automotive structured oil pan market across the globe.
- Implementation of stringent carbon emission policies due to rising awareness about human health and environment has driven the adoption of the automotive structured oil pans. Vehicle carbon emission has compelled governments across the world to mandate the use of engine oil pans that help control vehicle carbon emission. For instance, the Government of India recently released the guidelines for BS6 engine, which mandates the integration of engine oil pan for light and heavy duty diesel engine vehicles.
Challenges in Automotive Structured Oil Pan Market
- Rising adoption of electric vehicles across the globe is expected to hamper the automotive structured oil pan market. Electric vehicles does not have internal combustion engines, which also eliminates the need for engine lubrication and consequently, hampers the market growth.
- Moreover, several government agencies across the world have enacted strict emission rules for diesel powered vehicles; their production needs to stop due to rising air pollution, which is causing several health issues. Moreover, a majority of global businesses where hampered due to the onset of COVID-19 pandemic. The subsequent lockdowns forced people to stay at home, which hindered automotive sales and hampered the demand for structured oil pans. Furthermore, the COVID-19 pandemic disrupted global supply chains which resulted in raw material shortage and decreased vehicle manufacturing processes, thereby hampering the market.
Opportunities in Automotive Structured Oil Pan Market
- Use of passenger cars and light commercial vehicles is rising among consumers for their daily commute and load transportation, which in turn is expected to boost the demand for automotive structured oil pans significantly. Moreover, vehicle sharing companies, such as Uber and Ola, have adopted a fleet of passenger cars and they follow vehicle emission regulations, which in turn is anticipated to further propel the structure oil pan market during the forecast period. Manufacturers are also investing in the design of technologically advanced vehicles in order to boost sales and adoption rate.
- Demand heavy duty commercial vehicles such as trucks and buses is rising for supply chain, logistics, transportation channels, and in other end-use industries such as mining, oil & gas, and construction, which in turn further propels the market
Automotive Structured Oil Pan Market in Asia Pacific to Expand Significantly
- The automotive structured oil pan market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand significantly due to a rise in population in the region, rapid urbanization, and increase in adoption of passenger and commercial vehicles for several end-use applications. China and India are considered to be leading producers of automotive vehicles across the world, which increases the demand for automotive structured oil pan. Moreover, the countries in Asia Pacific are also adopting carbon emission restrictions during vehicle production, which further fuels the automotive structured oil pan market. The market in Europe is also estimated to expand at a considerable pace in the near future due to stringent government regulation about vehicle emission and rising use of vehicle automation in the region. Furthermore, rising production of vehicles in Brazil and Mexico is also projected to boost the automotive structured oil pan market in Latin America.
Key Players Operating in Automotive Structured Oil Pan Market
The automotive structured oil pan market is highly consolidated. A few of the key players operating in the global automotive structured oil pan market are:
- Robert Bosch N.V.
- MAHLE GmbH
- Dana Limited
- MANN+ HUMMEL
- POLYTEC HOLDING AG
- Magna International Inc.
- Pacific Industrial Co., Ltd.
- Eaton Corporation Plc
- Montaplast GmbH
- Nemak S.A.B. de C.V.
- American Axle & Manufacturing, Inc.
- Minda KTSN Plastic Solutions
- ElringKlinger AG
- Plastic Omnium
Global Automotive Structured Oil Pan Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Structured Oil Pan Market, by Type
- Plastic / composites
Global Automotive Structured Oil Pan Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Light Commercial Vehicle
- Heavy Commercial Vehicle
Global Automotive Structured Oil Pan Market, by Sales Channel
Global Automotive Structured Oil Pan Market, by Region
- North America
- Nordic Region
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!