Automotive Structured Oil Pan Market: Introduction
- Rise in demand for passenger and commercial vehicles for several transportation applications boosts the adoption of automotive structured oil pan or oil sump
- Automotive structured oil pan refers to an oil tray or oil sump that has pickup tube that hangs into pan in order to suck up the oil. Once the oil is used by the engine it collects back into the pan. This structured oil pan is also utilized for cooling oil, as the cooling fins are attached to structured oil pan. Moreover, the structured oil pan is extensively utilized in two-stroke and four-stroke internal combustion (IC) engines.
Key Drivers of Automotive Structured Oil Pan Market
- Rise in production of automotive across the globe and increasing replacement of conventional structured oil pans with composite lightweight oil pans boost the demand for structured oil pans. Moreover, demand for commercial automotive is rising in most end-use industries across the world and increasing use of personal transport vehicles further propel the automotive structured oil pan market. Expansion of the automotive industry in most developing countries such as India, China, Brazil, and Mexico boosts the sales of the SUVs, sedans, and hatchback vehicles, which in turn is estimated to drive the automotive structured oil pan market across the globe.
- Implementation of stringent carbon emission policies due to rising awareness about human health and environment has driven the adoption of the automotive structured oil pans. Vehicle carbon emission has compelled governments across the world to mandate the use of engine oil pans that help control vehicle carbon emission. For instance, the Government of India recently released the guidelines for BS6 engine, which mandates the integration of engine oil pan for light and heavy duty diesel engine vehicles.
Challenges in Automotive Structured Oil Pan Market
- Rising adoption of electric vehicles across the globe is expected to hamper the automotive structured oil pan market. Electric vehicles does not have internal combustion engines, which also eliminates the need for engine lubrication and consequently, hampers the market growth.
- Moreover, several government agencies across the world have enacted strict emission rules for diesel powered vehicles; their production needs to stop due to rising air pollution, which is causing several health issues. Moreover, a majority of global businesses where hampered due to the onset of COVID-19 pandemic. The subsequent lockdowns forced people to stay at home, which hindered automotive sales and hampered the demand for structured oil pans. Furthermore, the COVID-19 pandemic disrupted global supply chains which resulted in raw material shortage and decreased vehicle manufacturing processes, thereby hampering the market.
Opportunities in Automotive Structured Oil Pan Market
- Use of passenger cars and light commercial vehicles is rising among consumers for their daily commute and load transportation, which in turn is expected to boost the demand for automotive structured oil pans significantly. Moreover, vehicle sharing companies, such as Uber and Ola, have adopted a fleet of passenger cars and they follow vehicle emission regulations, which in turn is anticipated to further propel the structure oil pan market during the forecast period. Manufacturers are also investing in the design of technologically advanced vehicles in order to boost sales and adoption rate.
- Demand heavy duty commercial vehicles such as trucks and buses is rising for supply chain, logistics, transportation channels, and in other end-use industries such as mining, oil & gas, and construction, which in turn further propels the market
Automotive Structured Oil Pan Market in Asia Pacific to Expand Significantly
- The automotive structured oil pan market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand significantly due to a rise in population in the region, rapid urbanization, and increase in adoption of passenger and commercial vehicles for several end-use applications. China and India are considered to be leading producers of automotive vehicles across the world, which increases the demand for automotive structured oil pan. Moreover, the countries in Asia Pacific are also adopting carbon emission restrictions during vehicle production, which further fuels the automotive structured oil pan market. The market in Europe is also estimated to expand at a considerable pace in the near future due to stringent government regulation about vehicle emission and rising use of vehicle automation in the region. Furthermore, rising production of vehicles in Brazil and Mexico is also projected to boost the automotive structured oil pan market in Latin America.
Key Players Operating in Automotive Structured Oil Pan Market
The automotive structured oil pan market is highly consolidated. A few of the key players operating in the global automotive structured oil pan market are:
- Robert Bosch N.V.
- MAHLE GmbH
- Dana Limited
- MANN+ HUMMEL
- POLYTEC HOLDING AG
- Magna International Inc.
- Pacific Industrial Co., Ltd.
- Eaton Corporation Plc
- Montaplast GmbH
- Nemak S.A.B. de C.V.
- American Axle & Manufacturing, Inc.
- Minda KTSN Plastic Solutions
- ElringKlinger AG
- Plastic Omnium
Global Automotive Structured Oil Pan Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Structured Oil Pan Market, by Type
- Plastic / composites
Global Automotive Structured Oil Pan Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Light Commercial Vehicle
- Heavy Commercial Vehicle
Global Automotive Structured Oil Pan Market, by Sales Channel
Global Automotive Structured Oil Pan Market, by Region
- North America
- Nordic Region
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.