Automotive Starter: Introduction
- Starter is an electric motor that provides power to rotate the crank of an internal combustion engine in a vehicle in order to start it. The starter motor is used to convert electrical energy that is stored in the battery into mechanical energy, which is necessary to crank the engine.
- The mechanical energy used for rotation of crankshaft starts the combustion process inside the engine and subsequently, powers the vehicle. When the vehicle ignition is switched on the starter engages and turns the crank in an engine. Simultaneously, the engine requires air for ignition of the fuel, and the starter helps draw air inside the engine, which in turn helps reduce the heat in the combustion chamber.
Key Drivers of Automotive Starter Market
- Rise in demand for passenger vehicle and commercial vehicle and the application of alternator and starter motor in an electric vehicle, hybrid vehicle will help to boost the automotive starter market. Additionally, demand for fuel efficient vehicles is increasing and the fuel efficiency of a vehicle can be increased by reducing the weight of the vehicle. Consequently, various vehicle manufacturers are trying to develop light weight vehicles, which in turn is projected to propel the automotive starter market. Denso Corporation has developed light weight starter motor that is 40% lighter than the conventional starter motor, which is estimated to further boost the automotive starter market.
- Knorr- Bremse Truck Services and SEG Automotive leading global supplier of starter motors and generators entered into a partnership to boost sale of automotive starter motor in Europe and Middle East& Africa, which in turn is estimated to propel the automotive starter market in these regions
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Automotive Starter Market, Request for a Sample
Asia Pacific and Europe to hold prominent share of Automotive Starter Market
- The automotive starter market in Asia Pacific expanded significantly owing to an increase in vehicle production in the region. Major developing countries including India and South Korea, have presence of major vehicle and engine manufacturers, which in turn is likely to drive the automotive starters market. Demand for vehicles in China is increasing due to large population and steady economic growth. This, in turn, is projected to boost the automotive starter market in Asia Pacific.
- Europe followed Asia Pacific in terms of share of the global automotive starters market. Various vehicle manufacturers based in Europe region are focused on the development of advanced technologies in vehicles, which in turn is likely to drive the automotive starter market in the Europe. Major Tier-1 suppliers who manufacture starter motors are based in Europe including Robert Bosch and Continental AG. All the factors mentioned above are likely to help to boost the automotive starters market in Europe.
Key Players Operating in Automotive Starter Market
The global automotive starters market is highly concentrated owing to the presence of top manufacturers. A few of the key players operating in the global automotive starters market are:
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Continental Inc.
- Denso Corporation
- ZF Friedrichshafen
- Valeo SA
- Delphi Automotive
- Autoliv Inc.
- Cummins Inc.
- Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
- SEG Automotive
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Automotive Starter Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Starter Market, by Fuel Type
Global Automotive Starter Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger vehicle
- Commercial vehicle
Global Automotive Starter Market, by Source of Power
Global Automotive Starter Market, by Autonomous Type
- Fully Autonomous Vehicle
- Semi-Autonomous vehicle
Global Automotive Starter Market, by Sales Channel
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.