Automotive Starter: Introduction
- Starter is an electric motor that provides power to rotate the crank of an internal combustion engine in a vehicle in order to start it. The starter motor is used to convert electrical energy that is stored in the battery into mechanical energy, which is necessary to crank the engine.
- The mechanical energy used for rotation of crankshaft starts the combustion process inside the engine and subsequently, powers the vehicle. When the vehicle ignition is switched on the starter engages and turns the crank in an engine. Simultaneously, the engine requires air for ignition of the fuel, and the starter helps draw air inside the engine, which in turn helps reduce the heat in the combustion chamber.
Key Drivers of Automotive Starter Market
- Rise in demand for passenger vehicle and commercial vehicle and the application of alternator and starter motor in an electric vehicle, hybrid vehicle will help to boost the automotive starter market. Additionally, demand for fuel efficient vehicles is increasing and the fuel efficiency of a vehicle can be increased by reducing the weight of the vehicle. Consequently, various vehicle manufacturers are trying to develop light weight vehicles, which in turn is projected to propel the automotive starter market. Denso Corporation has developed light weight starter motor that is 40% lighter than the conventional starter motor, which is estimated to further boost the automotive starter market.
- Knorr- Bremse Truck Services and SEG Automotive leading global supplier of starter motors and generators entered into a partnership to boost sale of automotive starter motor in Europe and Middle East& Africa, which in turn is estimated to propel the automotive starter market in these regions
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Automotive Starter Market, Request for a Sample
Asia Pacific and Europe to hold prominent share of Automotive Starter Market
- The automotive starter market in Asia Pacific expanded significantly owing to an increase in vehicle production in the region. Major developing countries including India and South Korea, have presence of major vehicle and engine manufacturers, which in turn is likely to drive the automotive starters market. Demand for vehicles in China is increasing due to large population and steady economic growth. This, in turn, is projected to boost the automotive starter market in Asia Pacific.
- Europe followed Asia Pacific in terms of share of the global automotive starters market. Various vehicle manufacturers based in Europe region are focused on the development of advanced technologies in vehicles, which in turn is likely to drive the automotive starter market in the Europe. Major Tier-1 suppliers who manufacture starter motors are based in Europe including Robert Bosch and Continental AG. All the factors mentioned above are likely to help to boost the automotive starters market in Europe.
Key Players Operating in Automotive Starter Market
The global automotive starters market is highly concentrated owing to the presence of top manufacturers. A few of the key players operating in the global automotive starters market are:
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Continental Inc.
- Denso Corporation
- ZF Friedrichshafen
- Valeo SA
- Delphi Automotive
- Autoliv Inc.
- Cummins Inc.
- Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
- SEG Automotive
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Automotive Starter Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Starter Market, by Fuel Type
Global Automotive Starter Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger vehicle
- Commercial vehicle
Global Automotive Starter Market, by Source of Power
Global Automotive Starter Market, by Autonomous Type
- Fully Autonomous Vehicle
- Semi-Autonomous vehicle
Global Automotive Starter Market, by Sales Channel
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.