Automotive Starter: Introduction
- Starter is an electric motor that provides power to rotate the crank of an internal combustion engine in a vehicle in order to start it. The starter motor is used to convert electrical energy that is stored in the battery into mechanical energy, which is necessary to crank the engine.
- The mechanical energy used for rotation of crankshaft starts the combustion process inside the engine and subsequently, powers the vehicle. When the vehicle ignition is switched on the starter engages and turns the crank in an engine. Simultaneously, the engine requires air for ignition of the fuel, and the starter helps draw air inside the engine, which in turn helps reduce the heat in the combustion chamber.
Key Drivers of Automotive Starter Market
- Rise in demand for passenger vehicle and commercial vehicle and the application of alternator and starter motor in an electric vehicle, hybrid vehicle will help to boost the automotive starter market. Additionally, demand for fuel efficient vehicles is increasing and the fuel efficiency of a vehicle can be increased by reducing the weight of the vehicle. Consequently, various vehicle manufacturers are trying to develop light weight vehicles, which in turn is projected to propel the automotive starter market. Denso Corporation has developed light weight starter motor that is 40% lighter than the conventional starter motor, which is estimated to further boost the automotive starter market.
- Knorr- Bremse Truck Services and SEG Automotive leading global supplier of starter motors and generators entered into a partnership to boost sale of automotive starter motor in Europe and Middle East& Africa, which in turn is estimated to propel the automotive starter market in these regions
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Automotive Starter Market, Request for a Sample
Asia Pacific and Europe to hold prominent share of Automotive Starter Market
- The automotive starter market in Asia Pacific expanded significantly owing to an increase in vehicle production in the region. Major developing countries including India and South Korea, have presence of major vehicle and engine manufacturers, which in turn is likely to drive the automotive starters market. Demand for vehicles in China is increasing due to large population and steady economic growth. This, in turn, is projected to boost the automotive starter market in Asia Pacific.
- Europe followed Asia Pacific in terms of share of the global automotive starters market. Various vehicle manufacturers based in Europe region are focused on the development of advanced technologies in vehicles, which in turn is likely to drive the automotive starter market in the Europe. Major Tier-1 suppliers who manufacture starter motors are based in Europe including Robert Bosch and Continental AG. All the factors mentioned above are likely to help to boost the automotive starters market in Europe.
Key Players Operating in Automotive Starter Market
The global automotive starters market is highly concentrated owing to the presence of top manufacturers. A few of the key players operating in the global automotive starters market are:
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Continental Inc.
- Denso Corporation
- ZF Friedrichshafen
- Valeo SA
- Delphi Automotive
- Autoliv Inc.
- Cummins Inc.
- Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
- SEG Automotive
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Automotive Starter Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Starter Market, by Fuel Type
Global Automotive Starter Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger vehicle
- Commercial vehicle
Global Automotive Starter Market, by Source of Power
Global Automotive Starter Market, by Autonomous Type
- Fully Autonomous Vehicle
- Semi-Autonomous vehicle
Global Automotive Starter Market, by Sales Channel
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.