Automotive SRS curtain airbag: Introduction
- SRS curtain airbag is responsible for occupant safety in case of a (head on) collision. SRS airbags are designed to protect the driver’s and passenger’s head in case of a crash. The sensors in the system detect the impact of collision and calculate the intensity of collision to deploy the airbag.
- Increase in research and development activities and the demand for vehicle passenger safety systems has led to advancements in the airbag system of vehicles. SRS airbag systems are more reliable as compared to older systems. SRS curtain airbag is vital for the correct deployment of the airbag system when the vehicle accelerates or decelerates suddenly. Increase in integration of seatbelt systems in vehicles is driving the automotive SRS curtain airbag market.
Key drivers of automotive SRS curtain airbag market
- SRS curtain airbags are used to protect the driver in case of a head-on collision. Earlier, vehicles were incorporated with the driver and co-driver airbag. These airbags protect only the front of the body. It may cause a head injury after an accident. Currently, vehicles feature the SRS curtain airbag, which protects the head in case of a collision. Consumers demand advanced safety features such as airbags, emergency braking system, and night vision monitoring systems in vehicles.
- SRS airbag consists of sensors and a control unit. When any obstacle appears in front of the vehicle, the driver suddenly slams the brakes, and the sensors in the vehicle sense the impact of collision with the obstacle. The control unit analyzes the impact of the collision and if the impact is above the determined limit, then the SRS airbags are activated that cover the whole vehicle so that every passenger would be safe. The SRS curtain airbag also prevents the child passenger in case of a collision.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Asia Pacific to hold prominent share of global automotive SRS curtain airbag market
- Asia Pacific is home to prominent automobile companies that are consistently focused on the development of new technology regarding safety. OEMs and Tier1 suppliers are offering advance safety features in every vehicle. Countries such as China, India, and Japan have large research and development facilities, which in turn are estimated to boost the SRS curtain airbag market. The U.S., U.K. and countries across Europe have made airbags mandatory in all vehicles, which in turn is estimated to propel the global SRS curtain airbag market.
- The Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM) and European transport safety council are trying to compel automobile companies to increase integration of safety systems in vehicles.
Key players operating in automotive SRS curtain airbag market:
The automotive SRS curtain airbag market is highly concentrated owing to the presence of top manufacturers. A few of the key players operating in the automotive SRS curtain airbag market are:
- Nissan Motor Corporation
- ZF Friedrichshafen AG.
- Continental AG
- Autoliv Inc.
- Nihon Plast Company Co. Ltd.
- Takata Corporation
- Toyota Motor Corporation
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Automotive SRS Curtain Airbag Market, Request for a Sample
Global Automotive SRS Curtain Airbag Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive SRS Curtain Airbag Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Commercial Vehicle
Global Automotive SRS Curtain Airbag Market, by Electric Vehicle Type
- Fully Electric Vehicle
- Hybrid Electric Vehicle
Global Automotive SRS Curtain Airbag Market, by Seat Configuration
- Single Row Configuration
- Lounge Configuration
- Double Row Configuration
- People Mover Configuration
Global Automotive SRS Curtain Airbag Market, by Position
- Head up
Global Automotive SRS Curtain Airbag Market, by Component
- Crash Sensor
- Diagnostic Monitoring Unit
- Indicator Lamp
- Airbag Inflator
- Connecting Coil
- Air bag
Global Automotive SRS Curtain Airbag Market, by Sales Channel
Global Automotive SRS Curtain Airbag Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.