Automotive Smart Gear Actuator Market: Introduction
- Increasing demand for transmission systems and their components that enable to enhance the fuel economy of the vehicle is anticipated to drive the global market for smart gear actuators. Automated manual transmission (AMT) systems incorporate smart gear actuators. These actuators enable the vehicle driver to shift the vehicle mode from automatic to manual and vice versa.
- The smart gear actuator, or electronic actuator, is designed as a device for transmission. Moreover, a smart gear actuator can also function as a clutch actuator for an AMT system and a pump actuator for transmission of lubrication to facilitate cooling operations in a vehicle.
- A smart gear actuator has a wide range of applications including actuator for an electric motor for electric vehicle (EV) to start and stop the EV. The smart gear actuator can be easily customized to meet diverse customer requirements.
Key drivers of global automotive smart gear actuator market
- Stringent regulations are mandating vehicle makers to embed their vehicles with the technological solutions in order to boost vehicle economy, which is attributed to the expansion of the automotive smart gear market, globally. Automated drive technologies, variable torque transmission systems, and automated continuously variable transmission systems, which incorporate the smart gear actuator, are being increasingly adopted in passenger as well as commercial vehicles. These technologies increase fuel economy as the time required for manually operating a gear is reduced considerably, which in turn reduces fuel consumption.
- Increasing preference for automated manual transmission (AMT) systems among consumers is propelling the smart gear actuator market globally. The AMT system consists of a clutch actuator assembly, a gear shift actuator assembly, and a gearbox ECU. The ECU utilizes information collected form gear actuators to determine which/ when the next gear change should take place. After ECU has determined the need for change of gear, it engage/ dis-engage the clutch to facilitate changing of the gear. All this operation is done automatically when vehicle in driving in automated transmission mode. Therefore, rise in demand for smart gear actuator is attributed to its increasing use in AMT systems. This, in turn, is driving the market for automotive smart gear actuator market.
- Increasing awareness about climate change and rising air pollution are compelling government organizations to enact stringent regulations to reduce vehicle emissions. When a driver is operating a clutch, the vehicle runs in idle mode and fuel is consumed by vehicle engine. Smart gear actuators reduce the operational time for a clutch, thereby reducing the fuel consumption of a vehicle. This, in turn, is driving the global automotive smart gear actuator market.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Automotive Smart Gear Actuator Market, Request for a Sample
Europe to account for significant share of global automotive smart gear actuator market
- Europe is the home to majority of the pioneers and aftermarket players in the automotive industry. Therefore, the region witnesses intense competition among automakers and aftermarket players. Moreover, companies spend significant revenue on research and development activities to enhance fuel economy and reduce vehicle emissions. For instance, Robert Bosch has developed an electronic actuator that facilitates recording vehicle speed, gear position, clutch position, and is responsible for clutch actuation in order to change vehicle gear automatically in an AMT system. Furthermore, majority of countries in Europe have technologically mature markets. Consumers in the region are more accepting toward newer technologies. The aforementioned factors are fueling the automotive smart gear actuator market in Europe.
Key players operating in global automotive smart gear actuator market
The global automotive smart gear actuator market is highly concentrated owing to the presence of top manufacturers. A few of the key players operating in the global automotive smart gear actuator market are:
- Continental AG
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Compañía Levantina de Reductores S.L.
- ATESTEO GmbH & Co. KG
- ZF Friedrichshafen AG
- Magna International Inc.
- Bühler Motor GmbH
- ARADEX AG
- Brose Fahrzeugteile GmbH & Co. KG.
- Melrose Industries PLC
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Automotive Smart Gear Actuator Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Smart Gear Actuator Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Hatch Back
- Commercial Vehicle
- Light Commercial
- Heavy Commercial
Global Automotive Smart Gear Actuator Market, by Propulsion
Global Automotive Smart Gear Actuator Market, by Transmission System
- Fully Automatic Transmission
- Automated Manual Transmission/ Semi-Automatic Transmission
Global Automotive Smart Gear Actuator Market, by Operation
- Integrated Position Sensors
- Integrated Position Sensors or Speed Sensor
- Integrated Position Sensors and Speed Sensor
Global Automotive Smart Gear Actuator Market, by Application
- Electric Drive Systems
- Electronic Clutch Systems
- Automated manual transmission
- Automatic step transmission
- Dual-clutch transmission
- Continuously variable transmission
Global Automotive Smart Gear Actuator Market, by Sales Channel
Global Automotive Smart Gear Actuator Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.