Automotive Smart Gear Actuator Market: Introduction
- Increasing demand for transmission systems and their components that enable to enhance the fuel economy of the vehicle is anticipated to drive the global market for smart gear actuators. Automated manual transmission (AMT) systems incorporate smart gear actuators. These actuators enable the vehicle driver to shift the vehicle mode from automatic to manual and vice versa.
- The smart gear actuator, or electronic actuator, is designed as a device for transmission. Moreover, a smart gear actuator can also function as a clutch actuator for an AMT system and a pump actuator for transmission of lubrication to facilitate cooling operations in a vehicle.
- A smart gear actuator has a wide range of applications including actuator for an electric motor for electric vehicle (EV) to start and stop the EV. The smart gear actuator can be easily customized to meet diverse customer requirements.
Key drivers of global automotive smart gear actuator market
- Stringent regulations are mandating vehicle makers to embed their vehicles with the technological solutions in order to boost vehicle economy, which is attributed to the expansion of the automotive smart gear market, globally. Automated drive technologies, variable torque transmission systems, and automated continuously variable transmission systems, which incorporate the smart gear actuator, are being increasingly adopted in passenger as well as commercial vehicles. These technologies increase fuel economy as the time required for manually operating a gear is reduced considerably, which in turn reduces fuel consumption.
- Increasing preference for automated manual transmission (AMT) systems among consumers is propelling the smart gear actuator market globally. The AMT system consists of a clutch actuator assembly, a gear shift actuator assembly, and a gearbox ECU. The ECU utilizes information collected form gear actuators to determine which/ when the next gear change should take place. After ECU has determined the need for change of gear, it engage/ dis-engage the clutch to facilitate changing of the gear. All this operation is done automatically when vehicle in driving in automated transmission mode. Therefore, rise in demand for smart gear actuator is attributed to its increasing use in AMT systems. This, in turn, is driving the market for automotive smart gear actuator market.
- Increasing awareness about climate change and rising air pollution are compelling government organizations to enact stringent regulations to reduce vehicle emissions. When a driver is operating a clutch, the vehicle runs in idle mode and fuel is consumed by vehicle engine. Smart gear actuators reduce the operational time for a clutch, thereby reducing the fuel consumption of a vehicle. This, in turn, is driving the global automotive smart gear actuator market.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Automotive Smart Gear Actuator Market, Request for a Sample
Europe to account for significant share of global automotive smart gear actuator market
- Europe is the home to majority of the pioneers and aftermarket players in the automotive industry. Therefore, the region witnesses intense competition among automakers and aftermarket players. Moreover, companies spend significant revenue on research and development activities to enhance fuel economy and reduce vehicle emissions. For instance, Robert Bosch has developed an electronic actuator that facilitates recording vehicle speed, gear position, clutch position, and is responsible for clutch actuation in order to change vehicle gear automatically in an AMT system. Furthermore, majority of countries in Europe have technologically mature markets. Consumers in the region are more accepting toward newer technologies. The aforementioned factors are fueling the automotive smart gear actuator market in Europe.
Key players operating in global automotive smart gear actuator market
The global automotive smart gear actuator market is highly concentrated owing to the presence of top manufacturers. A few of the key players operating in the global automotive smart gear actuator market are:
- Continental AG
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Compañía Levantina de Reductores S.L.
- ATESTEO GmbH & Co. KG
- ZF Friedrichshafen AG
- Magna International Inc.
- Bühler Motor GmbH
- ARADEX AG
- Brose Fahrzeugteile GmbH & Co. KG.
- Melrose Industries PLC
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Automotive Smart Gear Actuator Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Smart Gear Actuator Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Hatch Back
- Commercial Vehicle
- Light Commercial
- Heavy Commercial
Global Automotive Smart Gear Actuator Market, by Propulsion
Global Automotive Smart Gear Actuator Market, by Transmission System
- Fully Automatic Transmission
- Automated Manual Transmission/ Semi-Automatic Transmission
Global Automotive Smart Gear Actuator Market, by Operation
- Integrated Position Sensors
- Integrated Position Sensors or Speed Sensor
- Integrated Position Sensors and Speed Sensor
Global Automotive Smart Gear Actuator Market, by Application
- Electric Drive Systems
- Electronic Clutch Systems
- Automated manual transmission
- Automatic step transmission
- Dual-clutch transmission
- Continuously variable transmission
Global Automotive Smart Gear Actuator Market, by Sales Channel
Global Automotive Smart Gear Actuator Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.