Automotive Recliner Seat Market: Introduction
- Rising demand for enhanced comfort level in vehicles among consumers and increasing automotive production and sales propel the automotive recliner seat market.
- Automotive recliner seats comprise seat cushion, spiral springs, and seat back. The seat back has lower and upper mounted arms, and the spiral springs are used for radial forces and for locking and unlocking functions. Recliner seats are made from chromium steel or magnesium, which possesses high strength to survive high impact forces and accidents. Recliners seats are installed in passenger and commercial vehicles to provide comfort and safety to passengers.
Key Drivers of Automotive Recliner Seat Market
- Increasing adoption of vehicles across the world enhances the demand for automotive recliner seat. Automobiles have powerful IC engines and the integration of latest technology, advanced sensors, and other comfort level components. These components include advanced seating solution, safety related products, and other decorative interiors. In 2020, global automotive production was around 78 Mn, which witnessed the decline of around 16%, as compared to the production data of 2019. Increase in production of vehicles that are integrated with recliner seats further drives the global automotive recliner seats market.
- Consumers developed countries possess high spending capacity, which increases the demand for seat replacement with recliners in their cars and other vehicles. Demand for replacement is increasing due to rising preference for comfort and safety, which in turn is further fueling the aftermarket segment of the global automotive recliner seats. Therefore, rising disposable income of customers boosts the adoption of automotive recliner seats.
Challenges in Automotive Recliner Seat Market
- Automotive recliner seats are equipped with various advanced features that are widely used in premium or luxury vehicles, which in turn restrains the automotive recliner seat market. On the other hand, the manufacturing cost of recliner seats is also considerably high; hence they are widely installed in premium vehicles or witness high demand in the aftermarket. Therefore, high cost associated with the automotive recliner seat hampers the market.
- The COVID-19 pandemic hampered a majority of global businesses, and the lockdowns forced people to stay at home, which further stopped the manufacturing processes of automotive and its components. Moreover, the pandemic disrupted the global supply chains, which resulted in shortage of raw material that is required for vehicle parts manufacturing. This supply shortage also hampered the demand in the aftermarket and consequently, restrained the automotive recliner seat market.
Opportunities in Automotive Recliner Seat Market
- The automotive industry is increasingly focused on the development of complete automated driving experiences with increasing level of comfort and safety in the vehicles. The comfort and safety of the vehicle is increased by installation of several technologically advanced components in the seat and vehicle, which includes seat comfort system, climate control unit, automatic breaking systems, and surveillance systems. For instance, Faurecia is considered as leading player in seat manufacturing, recently launched an automotive recliner seat, which helped to detect passenger’s or driver’s health condition such as heart rate, and respiration. It also provides other comforting features such as energizing massage, and warming or cooling as per requirement. Such innovation in seating solutions is expected to propel the market during the forecast period.
- Demand for premium and luxury vehicles across the globe is rising, which boosts the automotive recliner seat market. Premium and luxury cars possess advanced and innovative features. Moreover, these vehicles also offer significantly high level of safety and comfort, which is expected to drive the market. Moreover, governments across the globe are offering several incentives for purchase of electric vehicles and its part manufacturers in order to boost the production of electric vehicles. Electric vehicles also contain advanced seating systems, which further augments the automotive recliner seat market.
Automotive Recliner Seat Market in Europe to Expand Significantly
- Popularity of automotive recliner seat is increasing in Europe and across the globe, due to rising sales of premium and luxury vehicles and increasing adoption of technologically powered and integrated sensor seat solutions for vehicles. This advanced seat system helps passengers to experience comfortable driving and also provides safety, which is further expected to drive the demand for automotive recliner seat system. In Europe, Germany witnessed significantly high production of automotive seats, and France is a prominent importer of automotive seats. Consequently, Europe accounted for a prominent share for the global automotive recliner seat market. Moreover, the automotive recliner seats market in Asia Pacific witnessed rapid expansion due to rising automobile production, increasing adoption of electric vehicles, and increasing integration of safety solutions in vehicles in the region.
Key Players Operating in Automotive Recliner Seat Market
The automotive recliner seat market is highly consolidated. A few of the key players operating in the global automotive recliner seat market are:
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Continental AG
- Tangtring Seating Technology Inc.
- Kongsberg Automotive Holding ASA
- Toyota Motor Corporation
- Gentherm Inc.
- Faurecia SE
- Lear Corporation
- Alfmeier Präzision SE
- Aircare Systems (Seating Direct International)
- II-VI Incorporated
- Elektrosil GmbH
- Xi'an Huihong Vehicle Parts Company Limited
Global Automotive Recliner Seat Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Recliner Seat Market, by Recliner Type
- Lever type recliner
- Walk in recliner
- Slider type recliner
- Rotary type recliner
- Rear seat recliner
- Slider cum latch recliner
Global Automotive Recliner Seat Market, by Seat Trim
Global Automotive Recliner Seat Market, by Seat Material
- Synthetic Leather
- Genuine Leather
Global Automotive Recliner Seat Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Utility Vehicles
- Light Commercial Vehicle
- Buses and Coaches
Global Automotive Recliner Seat Market, by Sales Channel
Global Automotive Recliner Seat Market, by Region
- North America
- Nordic Region
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.