Automotive Rear Drive Units Market: Introduction
- Automotive rear drive unit is the transmission/ differential fitted on the rear axle of the vehicle. Adoption of the rear drive unit improves vehicle handling, braking, and acceleration. Electric vehicles have an electric motor placed along with transmission in the rear drive unit.
Key Drivers of Global Automotive Rear Drive Units Market
- Traditionally, passenger cars are front-wheel drive vehicles. However, the shift of consumer preference from sedans to SUVs, which are 4WD & AWD, has fueled the adoption of rear drive units.
- Increase in consumer demand for comfortable ride, safety, and vehicle stability is boosting the adoption of rear drive units, which in turn is driving the automotive rear drive units market
- Rise in trend of vehicle electrification and consumer demand for fuel-efficient vehicles has boosted the adoption of hybrid and electric vehicles. Increasing production of electric vehicles has spurred the integration of electric drive units on the rear axle, which in turn is booting the automotive rear drive units market
Challenges to Global Automotive Rear Drive Units Market
- Passenger vehicles, which are mostly 4WD & AWD, are generally more expensive than conventional two wheel drive vehicles. Therefore, price is a major factor restraining the rear drive units market.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Automotive Rear Drive Units Market, Request for a Sample
Electric drive units segment to expand considerably
- Electric drive units are a single packaged unit comprising an induction motor, differential, and a DC to AC inverter. Electric drive units are compact and lightweight to offset the additional load of the electric batteries. Electric drive units are single-speed or two-speed and several electric automakers, such as Tesla, prefer to incorporate the drive in the rear axle and hence, exclusively use electric drive units. Demand for electric drive units is anticipated to increase significantly as every automaker has a line-up of electric vehicles to be launched.
Passenger vehicle segment expected to expand significantly
- SUVs and compact SUVs are generally 4WD & AWD vehicles. SUVs contribute to majority sales of passenger vehicles and the preference for SUVs is rising among younger consumers, which in turn is propelling the adoption of rear drive units. Therefore, the passenger vehicle segment is estimated to expand significantly during the forecast period
North America to hold a leading share of global automotive rear drive units market
- North America held a leading share of the global automotive rear drive units market in 2019. More than 45% of the total passenger vehicles sold in the U.S are SUVs. Furthermore, North America has high demand for pick-up trucks, which are primarily rear-wheel drives. Thus, North America accounts for a leading share of the global automotive rear drive unit market.
Key Players Operating in Global Automotive Rear Drive Units Market
A few of the key players operating in the global automotive rear drive units market are:
- Continental AG
- Aisin Seiki. Co. Ltd.
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- GKN plc
- Schaeffler AG
- ZF Friedrichshafen AG
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Automotive Rear Drive Units Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Rear Drive Units Market, by Drive Type
Global Automotive Rear Drive Units Market, by Vehicle Type
- All-Wheel Drive
- Four-Wheel Drive
Global Automotive Rear Drive Units Market, by Vehicle Class
- Passenger Vehicle
- Light Commercial Vehicle
- Heavy Commercial Vehicle
Global Automotive Rear Drive Units Market, by Sales Channel
Global Automotive Rear Drive Units Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.