Automotive Proximity Sensor: Introduction
- Proximity sensors are a type of motion detect sensors that recognize movement without physical input from sensing object
- Technological developments in the automotive industry, in terms of safety & security systems, hybrid vehicles, autonomous vehicles, and autonomous trains, which incorporate proximity sensors, are driving the market for automotive proximity sensors
Key Drivers of Global Automotive Proximity Sensor Market
- Autonomous technologies, such as parking assist system and ADAS, incorporate various sensors, including temperature sensors, motion detectors, photon sensors, etc. These sensors are vital to autonomous systems and generate necessary data required for efficient and accurate working.
- The demand for advanced driver-assistance systems (ADAS) that monitor, warn, and control braking and vehicle steering automatically is expected to rise, owing to regulatory and consumer interest in safety applications that protect passengers and reduce accident fatalities. For instance, the U.S. and the EU have mandated that vehicles must be equipped with autonomous emergency-braking systems (AEB) and forward-collision warning (FCW) systems by 2020. This is driving the market for automotive proximity sensors.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Capacitive Proximity Sensors Segment to Hold Major Share
- Capacitive proximity sensors are low cost, low maintenance, reliable, and possess high power consumption ratings. Moreover, capacitive proximity sensors detect both metallic and non-metallic objects, which is an advantage over inductive proximity sensors that only sense metallic objects.
- Capacitive proximity sensors are used widely in applications such as connected cars, connected homes, intelligent transportation, etc. These factors are likely to drive the segment during the forecasted period.
Automotive End-use Industry Segment to Offer Lucrative Opportunities
- Connected vehicles and autonomous vehicles are key developments in the automotive industry. Economic developments increase per capita income of consumers, thereby increasing their standard of living. Increase in demand for luxury and comfort vehicles can be attributed to the rise in per capita income, which is another factor fueling the demand for autonomous vehicles. Vehicles incorporating AEB, ADAS, FCW, and PAS systems are driving the market for automotive proximity sensors.
- Technological advancements in countries like Japan, China and India have increased domestic production of smartphones. This, in turn, made them cheaper. Technologies, such as GPS, cameras, and displays, which use proximity sensors for motion detection, and location sensing in smartphones, have also become cheaper. These factors are projected to propel the growth of the global automotive proximity sensor market during the forecasted period.
North America to Dominate Global Automotive Proximity Sensor Market
- Proximity sensors can ascertain the motion of objects in the vicinity of a vehicle and help AI systems to make appropriate decisions, thereby increasing their popularity in automation and the automotive industry
- The dominance of North America can be attributed to developments in autonomous vehicles, autonomous systems, and increased industrial automation in the region
- Rapid industrialization and economic developments in the Asia Pacific region are attracting investors in countries such as China and India. Moreover, increase in smartphone production, vehicle production, and their sales are fueling the market for automotive proximity sensors in the region.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Automotive Proximity Sensor Market, ask for a customized report
Key Players Operating in Global Automotive Proximity Sensor Market
The global automotive proximity sensor market is highly concentrated with top manufacturers. Some of the key players operating in the global automotive proximity sensor market are:
- Ormon Corporation
- Balluff GmbH
- Altech Corporation
- Semtech Corporation
- Panasonic Corporation
- NXP Semiconductors
- Sick Ag
- Delta Electronics Inc.
- Rockwell Automation, Inc.
- Pepperl+Fuchs GmbH
- Honeywell International Inc.,
- Sensata Technologies
- Infineon Technologies AG
Global Automotive Proximity Sensor Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Proximity Sensor Market, by Vehicle Type
Global Automotive Proximity Sensor Market, by Product Type
- Inductive Proximity Sensors
- Capacitive Proximity Sensors
- Magnetic Proximity Sensors
- Ultrasonic Proximity Sensors
- Photoelectric Proximity Sensors
- Linear Variable Differential Transformer (LVDT Proximity Sensors)
Global Automotive Proximity Sensor Market, by Technology
- Parking Assist System
- Frontal Collision Warning System
- Advanced Drive Assist System
- Motion Detect System
- Hybrid Electric Vehicle (HEV) Stop/Start System
Global Automotive Proximity Sensor Market, by Type of Power Supply
Global Automotive Proximity Sensor Market, by Propulsion System
Global Automotive Proximity Sensor Market, by End-use Industry
- Electronics & Telecommunication
- Transport & Shipping
Global Automotive Proximity Sensor Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.