Automotive Proximity Sensor: Introduction
- Proximity sensors are a type of motion detect sensors that recognize movement without physical input from sensing object
- Technological developments in the automotive industry, in terms of safety & security systems, hybrid vehicles, autonomous vehicles, and autonomous trains, which incorporate proximity sensors, are driving the market for automotive proximity sensors
Key Drivers of Global Automotive Proximity Sensor Market
- Autonomous technologies, such as parking assist system and ADAS, incorporate various sensors, including temperature sensors, motion detectors, photon sensors, etc. These sensors are vital to autonomous systems and generate necessary data required for efficient and accurate working.
- The demand for advanced driver-assistance systems (ADAS) that monitor, warn, and control braking and vehicle steering automatically is expected to rise, owing to regulatory and consumer interest in safety applications that protect passengers and reduce accident fatalities. For instance, the U.S. and the EU have mandated that vehicles must be equipped with autonomous emergency-braking systems (AEB) and forward-collision warning (FCW) systems by 2020. This is driving the market for automotive proximity sensors.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Capacitive Proximity Sensors Segment to Hold Major Share
- Capacitive proximity sensors are low cost, low maintenance, reliable, and possess high power consumption ratings. Moreover, capacitive proximity sensors detect both metallic and non-metallic objects, which is an advantage over inductive proximity sensors that only sense metallic objects.
- Capacitive proximity sensors are used widely in applications such as connected cars, connected homes, intelligent transportation, etc. These factors are likely to drive the segment during the forecasted period.
Automotive End-use Industry Segment to Offer Lucrative Opportunities
- Connected vehicles and autonomous vehicles are key developments in the automotive industry. Economic developments increase per capita income of consumers, thereby increasing their standard of living. Increase in demand for luxury and comfort vehicles can be attributed to the rise in per capita income, which is another factor fueling the demand for autonomous vehicles. Vehicles incorporating AEB, ADAS, FCW, and PAS systems are driving the market for automotive proximity sensors.
- Technological advancements in countries like Japan, China and India have increased domestic production of smartphones. This, in turn, made them cheaper. Technologies, such as GPS, cameras, and displays, which use proximity sensors for motion detection, and location sensing in smartphones, have also become cheaper. These factors are projected to propel the growth of the global automotive proximity sensor market during the forecasted period.
North America to Dominate Global Automotive Proximity Sensor Market
- Proximity sensors can ascertain the motion of objects in the vicinity of a vehicle and help AI systems to make appropriate decisions, thereby increasing their popularity in automation and the automotive industry
- The dominance of North America can be attributed to developments in autonomous vehicles, autonomous systems, and increased industrial automation in the region
- Rapid industrialization and economic developments in the Asia Pacific region are attracting investors in countries such as China and India. Moreover, increase in smartphone production, vehicle production, and their sales are fueling the market for automotive proximity sensors in the region.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Automotive Proximity Sensor Market, ask for a customized report
Key Players Operating in Global Automotive Proximity Sensor Market
The global automotive proximity sensor market is highly concentrated with top manufacturers. Some of the key players operating in the global automotive proximity sensor market are:
- Ormon Corporation
- Balluff GmbH
- Altech Corporation
- Semtech Corporation
- Panasonic Corporation
- NXP Semiconductors
- Sick Ag
- Delta Electronics Inc.
- Rockwell Automation, Inc.
- Pepperl+Fuchs GmbH
- Honeywell International Inc.,
- Sensata Technologies
- Infineon Technologies AG
Global Automotive Proximity Sensor Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Proximity Sensor Market, by Vehicle Type
Global Automotive Proximity Sensor Market, by Product Type
- Inductive Proximity Sensors
- Capacitive Proximity Sensors
- Magnetic Proximity Sensors
- Ultrasonic Proximity Sensors
- Photoelectric Proximity Sensors
- Linear Variable Differential Transformer (LVDT Proximity Sensors)
Global Automotive Proximity Sensor Market, by Technology
- Parking Assist System
- Frontal Collision Warning System
- Advanced Drive Assist System
- Motion Detect System
- Hybrid Electric Vehicle (HEV) Stop/Start System
Global Automotive Proximity Sensor Market, by Type of Power Supply
Global Automotive Proximity Sensor Market, by Propulsion System
Global Automotive Proximity Sensor Market, by End-use Industry
- Electronics & Telecommunication
- Transport & Shipping
Global Automotive Proximity Sensor Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.