Automotive Prognostics: Introduction
- OEMs spend nearly 2% to 5%, annually, on warranty claims, which add to the losses of these companies and subsequently lowers customer confidence. The OEMs, through the software embedded in the vehicle, can monitor the working of the vehicle system, detect a failure, and update the software. OEMs can also lower the risk of warranty and reduce recalls.
- Automotive prognostics is a technology that forecast maintenance, improves system functions and reliability, detects and alerts the driver in case of failure, and prolongs the life of the various automotive systems
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Automotive Prognostics Market
- Advent of connected vehicles and autonomous driving is estimated to drive the demand for the automotive prognostics. Data streamed from a connected car can be used to monitor faults, predict failure of the component, and recommend maintenance required. Rising consumer preference for connectivity, navigation requirements, infotainment, and entertainment is driving sales of connected vehicles, which in turn is estimated to boost the demand for the automotive prognostics.
- Advent of connected vehicles, autonomous vehicles, and electric vehicles has made the automotive systems more complex and dependent on computer and electronics component. On-spot repair and fault prediction have become difficult, and failure of electronic and software systems leads to complete vehicle breakdown. Consequently, development of prognostics technology to predict failure and maintenance of the automotive systems has become imperative.
- Vehicle servicing, collectively, contributes to nearly US$ 12 billion annually. Rising consumer demand for intelligent vehicle maintenance solutions is estimate to propel the automotive prognostics market. Rise in number of vehicles on road and sales of aftermarket connected devices is expected to further drive the automotive prognostics market.
- High cost of technology is likely to hamper the adoption of prognostic systems among fleet operators and vehicle owners in order to avoid additional costs
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Battery Segment to Witness Growth
- The battery segment is anticipated to expand significantly during the forecast period, as the battery health monitoring system is likely to emerge as a vital parameter in electric vehicles. Battery failure can stall an electric vehicle and could also lead to fatal accidents in case of explosion. Therefore, safe running, charging, and discharging is of utmost importance. Monitoring the battery, predicting maintenance, and alerting the driver in case of emergency can mitigate the risk and ensure reliable working of the vehicle. Surge in adoption of electric vehicles globally is projected to boost the battery segment considerably in the near future.
Passenger Vehicle Segment to Lead Automotive Prognostics Market
- The passenger vehicle segment is anticipated to account for a major share of the market as this technology is likely to be adopted first in luxury and premium cars. The heavy commercial vehicle segment is also anticipated to expand at a notable pace, as fleet operators try to minimize unpredicted vehicle failures and to ensure smooth business operations.
OEM Segment to Hold Leading Share of Global Automotive Prognostics Market
- The automotive prognostics market is in the introductory phase and hence, OEMs (Automakers) are adopting and offering the technology to minimize warranty claims. The technology is likely to be installed in vehicles by automaker during the initial stages. Subsequently, the aftermarket is expected to expand, as the aftermarket connectivity solutions become more prevalent and prognostics technology becomes cheaper.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Automotive Prognostics Market, ask for a customized report
North America to Lead Global Automotive Prognostics Market
- In terms of region, the global automotive prognostics market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is estimated to lead the global automotive prognostics market, followed by Europe and Asia Pacific
- North America is a well-established market for aftersales service owing to large number of on road vehicles, high penetration of connected cars and consumer acceptance of technology
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
- Harman International Industries, Inc.
- Garret Motion Inc.
- Cloudera Inc.
- Ansik Inc.
- Pivotal Software Inc.
Global Automotive Prognostics Market, by Application
- Engine (Combustion control, Condition Monitoring)
- Battery (Electric Power Generation , Traction Battery)
- Power Steering System
- Suspension System
- On Board Monitoring & Diagnostics (OBMD)
Global Automotive Prognostics Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Light Commercial Vehicle
- Heavy Commercial Vehicle
Global Automotive Prognostics Market, by End-user
- OEM (Automaker)
- Fleet Operators
- Private Owner
Global Automotive Prognostics Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.