Automotive Prognostics: Introduction
- OEMs spend nearly 2% to 5%, annually, on warranty claims, which add to the losses of these companies and subsequently lowers customer confidence. The OEMs, through the software embedded in the vehicle, can monitor the working of the vehicle system, detect a failure, and update the software. OEMs can also lower the risk of warranty and reduce recalls.
- Automotive prognostics is a technology that forecast maintenance, improves system functions and reliability, detects and alerts the driver in case of failure, and prolongs the life of the various automotive systems
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Automotive Prognostics Market
- Advent of connected vehicles and autonomous driving is estimated to drive the demand for the automotive prognostics. Data streamed from a connected car can be used to monitor faults, predict failure of the component, and recommend maintenance required. Rising consumer preference for connectivity, navigation requirements, infotainment, and entertainment is driving sales of connected vehicles, which in turn is estimated to boost the demand for the automotive prognostics.
- Advent of connected vehicles, autonomous vehicles, and electric vehicles has made the automotive systems more complex and dependent on computer and electronics component. On-spot repair and fault prediction have become difficult, and failure of electronic and software systems leads to complete vehicle breakdown. Consequently, development of prognostics technology to predict failure and maintenance of the automotive systems has become imperative.
- Vehicle servicing, collectively, contributes to nearly US$ 12 billion annually. Rising consumer demand for intelligent vehicle maintenance solutions is estimate to propel the automotive prognostics market. Rise in number of vehicles on road and sales of aftermarket connected devices is expected to further drive the automotive prognostics market.
- High cost of technology is likely to hamper the adoption of prognostic systems among fleet operators and vehicle owners in order to avoid additional costs
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Battery Segment to Witness Growth
- The battery segment is anticipated to expand significantly during the forecast period, as the battery health monitoring system is likely to emerge as a vital parameter in electric vehicles. Battery failure can stall an electric vehicle and could also lead to fatal accidents in case of explosion. Therefore, safe running, charging, and discharging is of utmost importance. Monitoring the battery, predicting maintenance, and alerting the driver in case of emergency can mitigate the risk and ensure reliable working of the vehicle. Surge in adoption of electric vehicles globally is projected to boost the battery segment considerably in the near future.
Passenger Vehicle Segment to Lead Automotive Prognostics Market
- The passenger vehicle segment is anticipated to account for a major share of the market as this technology is likely to be adopted first in luxury and premium cars. The heavy commercial vehicle segment is also anticipated to expand at a notable pace, as fleet operators try to minimize unpredicted vehicle failures and to ensure smooth business operations.
OEM Segment to Hold Leading Share of Global Automotive Prognostics Market
- The automotive prognostics market is in the introductory phase and hence, OEMs (Automakers) are adopting and offering the technology to minimize warranty claims. The technology is likely to be installed in vehicles by automaker during the initial stages. Subsequently, the aftermarket is expected to expand, as the aftermarket connectivity solutions become more prevalent and prognostics technology becomes cheaper.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Automotive Prognostics Market, ask for a customized report
North America to Lead Global Automotive Prognostics Market
- In terms of region, the global automotive prognostics market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is estimated to lead the global automotive prognostics market, followed by Europe and Asia Pacific
- North America is a well-established market for aftersales service owing to large number of on road vehicles, high penetration of connected cars and consumer acceptance of technology
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
- Harman International Industries, Inc.
- Garret Motion Inc.
- Cloudera Inc.
- Ansik Inc.
- Pivotal Software Inc.
Global Automotive Prognostics Market, by Application
- Engine (Combustion control, Condition Monitoring)
- Battery (Electric Power Generation , Traction Battery)
- Power Steering System
- Suspension System
- On Board Monitoring & Diagnostics (OBMD)
Global Automotive Prognostics Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Light Commercial Vehicle
- Heavy Commercial Vehicle
Global Automotive Prognostics Market, by End-user
- OEM (Automaker)
- Fleet Operators
- Private Owner
Global Automotive Prognostics Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.