Automotive Powertrain Sensor: Introduction
- The automotive powertrain consists of a group of components, such as engine, transmission, differential, and propeller shaft, which generate power to propel the vehicle. Developments in powertrain are focused on enhancing the power to weight ratio of the engine in order to boost vehicle performance.
- Automotive powertrain components operate individually through various sensors and feedback control systems. In the transmission system and engine, sensors and their feedback-control systems help boost efficiency of the engine by accurately monitoring the function, thereby increasing the efficiency of combustion process and subsequently reducing emissions.
Key Drivers of Global Automotive Powertrain Sensor Market
- Rise in demand for fuel-efficient vehicles is estimated to boost the automotive powertrain sensors market across the globe. Various governments across the globe have enacted regulations regarding vehicle emission norms to prompt developments in transmission and drivetrain in order to enhance vehicle performance. This, in turn, is anticipated to boost the global automotive sensors market. Various vehicle manufacturers across the globe are trying to increase the penetration of sensors in their vehicles to boost vehicle safety and vehicle performance, which is likely to propel the automotive powertrain sensors market across the globe.
- Rise in vehicle sales and production across the globe is expected to fuel the automotive powertrain sensor market across the globe. Increase in demand for electric vehicles, which are integrated with numerous sensors, including voltage sensors that increase the efficiency of the drivetrain, is likely to boost the global automotive powertrain sensor market.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Automotive Powertrain Sensor Market, Request for a Sample
Europe and Asia Pacific to hold prominent share of automotive powertrain sensor market
- Europe dominates the global automotive powertrain sensor market due to significant presence of automotive industries and enactment of stringent rules regarding the emission norms in the region. High presence of vehicle manufacturers and Tier-1 suppliers, including Continental AG, Delphi Technologies, and Robert Bosch, who have major research and development facilities regarding powertrain sensors, is estimated to propel the automotive powertrain sensor market in Europe.
- Followed by Europe, Asia Pacific is projected to hold a major share of the global automotive powertrain sensor market due to an increase in vehicle production and sales across Asia Pacific. In 2018, more electric vehicles were sold in China, as compared to any other country, which is likely to boost the automotive powertrain sensor market in China. Rise in purchasing power of consumers across Asia Pacific further boosts the demand for vehicles, which in turn is projected to drive the automotive powertrain sensor market in the region.
Key Players Operating in Global Automotive Powertrain Sensor Market
The global automotive powertrain sensor market is highly concentrated owing to the presence of top manufacturers. A few of the key players operating in the global automotive powertrain sensor market are:
- Continental AG
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Denso Corporation
- Hella GmbH
- Texas Instruments
- Aptiv Inc.
- ZF Friedrichshafen AG
- Thyssenkrupp AG
- Delphi Technologies
- Balluff Automation
- AB Elektronik GmbH
- PCB Piezotronics Inc.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Automotive Powertrain Sensor Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Powertrain Sensor Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Commercial Vehicle
- Light Commercial Vehicle
- Heavy Commercial Vehicle
Global Automotive Powertrain Sensor Market, by Sensor Type
- Position Sensor
- Pressure Sensor
- Temperature Sensor
- Speed Sensor
- Camshaft Sensor
- Torque Sensor
- Others (Voltage Sensor, Knock Sensor)
Global Automotive Powertrain Sensor Market, by Propulsion Type
- Electric Battery
Global Automotive Powertrain Sensor Market, by Fuel Type
Global Automotive Powertrain Sensor Market, by Electric Vehicle Type
- Battery Electric Vehicle
- Hybrid Electric Vehicle
Global Automotive Powertrain Sensor Market, by Sales Channel
Global Automotive Powertrain Sensor Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis