Global Automotive Powertrain Market - Introduction
- Automotive powertrain is the unit that comprises diverse systems, ranging from the source of power generation and the overall transmission assembly to the tire of the vehicle. For a conventional vehicle, the powertrain comprises multiple components such as engine, transmission unit, differential, and shaft.
- The global automotive powertrain market is anticipated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period; however, a significant shift in trend towards adoption of electric vehicles is likely to be witnessed during the forecast period.
Global Automotive Powertrain Market – Drivers
- Market for automotive powertrain is driven by the production of vehicles and demand for aftermarket components of the power train unit.
- Developments in technology, such as the introduction of electric and hybrid vehicles that comprise electric motor and battery in the powertrain, are likely to boost the market during the forecast period which is attributable to high cost of the powertrain battery.
- High demand for four-wheel drive vehicles contributes to the expansion of automotive powertrain market, as four-wheel drive vehicles comprise higher number of components in their powertrain units such as power differentials and transfer case.
- Rising stringency of emission norms across majority of developing and developed countries is boosting the emphasis on engine downsizing, which requires additional power boosters such as turbocharger and supercharger and other additional components. This, in turn, is expected to propel the automotive powertrain market.
- Increasing preference for fast and powerful vehicles is anticipated to be key factor that is projected to boost the automotive powertrain market, as these vehicles comprise high capacity engine as well as other high strength powertrain components.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Automotive Powertrain Market – Restraints
- High dependence of the automotive powertrain market on vehicle production can be a restraining factor, as decline in production for vehicles, due to economic downturn, is expected to hamper the powertrain market
- Local governments of majority high population urban areas across the globe are emphasizing on the adoption of public transport, which in turn is estimated to hinder the automotive powertrain market
Global Automotive Powertrain Market – Opportunities
- Rising inclination toward electric vehicles is likely offer significant opportunity for the market players who have presence in manufacturing of electric vehicle drivetrains during the forecast period, thus development and production of components for hybrid and electric vehicle is expected to consolidate the position of that particular manufacturer in the automotive powertrain market
Asia Pacific to hold prominent share during forecast period
- Asia Pacific is a prominent producer of automotive components across the globe and the region is an emerging market for electric vehicles. China and India are major producers of automotive components, and China is likely to lead the global production of electric vehicles, which is anticipated to drive the automotive powertrain market in China.
- Europe is another prominent market for automotive powertrain due to the presence of a large number of automotive manufacturers, such as Volkswagen AG, BMW AG, and Daimler AG, who are leading manufacturers of luxury vehicles that comprise powerful, advanced powertrain units.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Automotive Powertrain Market, ask for a customized report
Global Automotive Powertrain Market – Competitive Landscape
Automotive powertrains comprise a large number of components and hence, the market comprises a large number of key players who hold a notable share of the automotive powertrain market. Some of the leading players in the market are:
- Aisin Seiki Co., Ltd.
- BorgWarner Inc.
- GKN PLC
- ZF Friedrichshafen AG
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Showa Corporation
- Cummins Inc.
- Magneti Marelli S.p.A.
- Continental AG
- Schaeffler AG
- Altair Nanotechnologies Inc.
- Aptiv PLC
Global Automotive Powertrain Market – Research Scope
Global Automotive Powertrain Market, by Vehicle
- Passenger Vehicle
- Light Commercial Vehicle
- Heavy Commercial Vehicle
Global Automotive Powertrain Market, by Powertrain
- Battery Electric Vehicle
- Hybrid Electric Vehicle
- ICE Powered Vehicle
Global Automotive Powertrain Market, by Sales Channel
Global Automotive Powertrain Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.