Automotive Powertrain Management System: Introduction
- Automotive powertrain system is an integral part of a vehicle and comprises a drive unit, which includes engine system, transmission system, and battery pack. Every vehicle is driven by a source of power that is transmitted by the powertrain system. The transmission system comprises gears, differential, and propeller shaft, which is also a part of the powertrain system.
- Powertrain management system consists of an electronic control unit and various types of sensors, including pressure sensor and temperature sensor that provides an alert in the vehicle. The electronic control unit is the heart of the powertrain system; the main function of powertrain management system is to control the air-fuel ratio and ignition timing. The powertrain management system includes the emission control unit, which in turn is estimated to drive the powertrain management system market.
Key drivers of global automotive powertrain management system market
- The automotive powertrain management system market is driven by the production of vehicles. Rise in demand for electronic components in vehicles, including electronic control unit and sensors, is estimated to drive the automotive management system market. Passenger vehicle comprises with many components including transfer case and overdrive which has major demand in automobile industries which will play a key role to drive the powertrain management system market.
- Rise in demand for electric vehicles and hybrid vehicles across the globe is estimated to propel the demand for powertrain management system. Governments across the globe have enacted stringent regulations against emissions from vehicles owing to combustion of fuels including petrol, diesel, and biodiesel. Euro 6 or BS6 is the latest emission regulation, and the powertrain management system can be utilized to curb emission of carbon monoxide, nitrogen oxide, and carbon dioxide.
- Pleasure Craft Engine Group developed a marine engine with the Clean Emission System (CES) to reduce emission of exhaust gases including nitrogen oxide and carbon monoxide.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Automotive Powertrain Management System Market, Request for a Sample
North America and Asia Pacific to hold prominent share of automotive powertrain management system market
- North America and Asia pacific are expected to dominate the global automotive powertrain management system market, in terms of volume as well as value, in the near future. Rise in demand for automatic transmission in vehicles is anticipated to fuel the automotive powertrain management system market. Stringent rules and regulations on emission, enacted by various government across the globe, including those in North America, have prompted manufacturers to reduce exhaust emission from their vehicles.
- The light commercial vehicle market in China is estimated to witness significant expansion, which in turn is projected to boost the automotive powertrain management system market. Rise in demand for automotive vehicles in the U.S., China, and Brazil is estimated to propel the automotive powertrain management system market across the globe.
Key players operating in automotive powertrain management system market:
The automotive powertrain management system market is highly concentrated owing to the presence of top manufacturers. A few of the key players operating in the automotive powertrain management system market are:
- Continental AG
- Denso Corporation
- Delphi Technologies
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Infineon AG
- Mitsubishi Electric
- Hyundai KEFILO
- Hitachi Automotive
- Sanken Electric Company
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Automotive Powertrain Management System Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Powertrain Management System Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Commercial Vehicle
- 2 or 3 Wheeler
Global Automotive Powertrain Management System Market, by Component
- Electronic Control Unit
- Pressure Sensor
- Temperature Sensor
- Speed Sensor
Global Automotive Powertrain Management System Market, by Powertrain Drive
- Engine Drive
- Battery Drive
- Hybrid Drive
Global Automotive Powertrain Management System Market, by ECU Bit Configuration
- 16 bit configuration
- 32 bit configuration
Global Automotive Powertrain Management System Market, by Autonomous Type
- Fully Automatic
Global Automotive Powertrain Management System Market, by Electric Vehicle Type
- Hybrid Electric Vehicle
- Plug-in Hybrid Electric vehicle
Global Automotive Powertrain Management System Market, by Sales Channel
Global Automotive Powertrain Management System Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.