Automotive Powertrain Management System: Introduction
- Automotive powertrain system is an integral part of a vehicle and comprises a drive unit, which includes engine system, transmission system, and battery pack. Every vehicle is driven by a source of power that is transmitted by the powertrain system. The transmission system comprises gears, differential, and propeller shaft, which is also a part of the powertrain system.
- Powertrain management system consists of an electronic control unit and various types of sensors, including pressure sensor and temperature sensor that provides an alert in the vehicle. The electronic control unit is the heart of the powertrain system; the main function of powertrain management system is to control the air-fuel ratio and ignition timing. The powertrain management system includes the emission control unit, which in turn is estimated to drive the powertrain management system market.
Key drivers of global automotive powertrain management system market
- The automotive powertrain management system market is driven by the production of vehicles. Rise in demand for electronic components in vehicles, including electronic control unit and sensors, is estimated to drive the automotive management system market. Passenger vehicle comprises with many components including transfer case and overdrive which has major demand in automobile industries which will play a key role to drive the powertrain management system market.
- Rise in demand for electric vehicles and hybrid vehicles across the globe is estimated to propel the demand for powertrain management system. Governments across the globe have enacted stringent regulations against emissions from vehicles owing to combustion of fuels including petrol, diesel, and biodiesel. Euro 6 or BS6 is the latest emission regulation, and the powertrain management system can be utilized to curb emission of carbon monoxide, nitrogen oxide, and carbon dioxide.
- Pleasure Craft Engine Group developed a marine engine with the Clean Emission System (CES) to reduce emission of exhaust gases including nitrogen oxide and carbon monoxide.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Automotive Powertrain Management System Market, Request for a Sample
North America and Asia Pacific to hold prominent share of automotive powertrain management system market
- North America and Asia pacific are expected to dominate the global automotive powertrain management system market, in terms of volume as well as value, in the near future. Rise in demand for automatic transmission in vehicles is anticipated to fuel the automotive powertrain management system market. Stringent rules and regulations on emission, enacted by various government across the globe, including those in North America, have prompted manufacturers to reduce exhaust emission from their vehicles.
- The light commercial vehicle market in China is estimated to witness significant expansion, which in turn is projected to boost the automotive powertrain management system market. Rise in demand for automotive vehicles in the U.S., China, and Brazil is estimated to propel the automotive powertrain management system market across the globe.
Key players operating in automotive powertrain management system market:
The automotive powertrain management system market is highly concentrated owing to the presence of top manufacturers. A few of the key players operating in the automotive powertrain management system market are:
- Continental AG
- Denso Corporation
- Delphi Technologies
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Infineon AG
- Mitsubishi Electric
- Hyundai KEFILO
- Hitachi Automotive
- Sanken Electric Company
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Automotive Powertrain Management System Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Powertrain Management System Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Commercial Vehicle
- 2 or 3 Wheeler
Global Automotive Powertrain Management System Market, by Component
- Electronic Control Unit
- Pressure Sensor
- Temperature Sensor
- Speed Sensor
Global Automotive Powertrain Management System Market, by Powertrain Drive
- Engine Drive
- Battery Drive
- Hybrid Drive
Global Automotive Powertrain Management System Market, by ECU Bit Configuration
- 16 bit configuration
- 32 bit configuration
Global Automotive Powertrain Management System Market, by Autonomous Type
- Fully Automatic
Global Automotive Powertrain Management System Market, by Electric Vehicle Type
- Hybrid Electric Vehicle
- Plug-in Hybrid Electric vehicle
Global Automotive Powertrain Management System Market, by Sales Channel
Global Automotive Powertrain Management System Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.