Automotive plugs market: Introduction
- Rising use of electrical components and systems in vehicles, attributed to increasing demand for comfort and luxury, enhanced vehicle performance, and utility features, is a key driver of the automotive plugs market
- Automotive plug, or male pin connector, is part of an automotive connector that engages with a socket or female connector. It is utilized in the vehicle to connect electrical terminals of several electrical systems by engaging with the socket of another electrical terminal/ system.
Key drivers of global automotive plugs market
- Rising concern for occupant safety in a vehicle in conjunction with safety-oriented government initiatives is driving the demand for a reliable automotive plug to connect various vehicle systems. For instance, government regulations compel automakers to incorporate seat belts and airbags in a vehicle. These safety systems require a connection system consisting of a retainer and safety restraint system connector, which is achieved through automotive plugs. Therefore, increasing demand for automotive plugs is directly influenced by increasing adoption of automotive safety systems, which in turn is driving the global automotive plugs market.
- Increasing demand for vehicle comfort and utility systems is anticipated to increase the adoption of power windows, power mirrors, HVAC, and comfort actuators. These systems are connected to ECUs, MCUs and various ICs through vehicle body electronics by using automotive plugs. Thus, increase in demand for vehicle comfort and utility fuels the demand for automotive plugs, which in turn, propels the global automotive plugs market.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Automotive Plugs Market, Request for a Sample
Concerns for functional reliability and durability of automotive plugs to hinder global automotive plugs market
- Sealed automotive plugs are placed under the hood of automobiles, while unsealed automotive plugs are placed in the vehicle cabin. Sealed plugs must have the capacity to withstand engine shocks as well as high and very low temperatures. Therefore, the global automotive plugs market is anticipated to be hindered by functional reliability and durability concerns of automotive plugs.
Asia Pacific to dominate global automotive plugs market
- Major vehicle manufacturers including Tata Motors, Dongfeng Motors, Nissan Motors. KIA Motors, Suzuki Motors, Subaru Corporation, and Mahinda and Mahindra Motors are based in Asia Pacific. These automakers are consistently focusing on improvement in vehicle technologies and investment in research and development activities that are aimed at enhancing vehicle economy and vehicle performance.
- Furthermore, Japan, China, South Korea, and India are among the top consumers of two-wheeler and three-wheeler vehicles globally. Moreover, these countries have well-established supply chain and presence of aftermarket players in the automotive industry. Therefore, the region witnesses an intense competition among automakers and aftermarket players, which in driving the automotive plugs market. All the factors mentioned above are propelling the automotive plugs market in Asia Pacific.
Key players operating in global automotive plugs market:
The global automotive plugs market is highly concentrated owing to the presence of top manufacturers. A few key players operating in the global automotive plugs market are:
- TE Connectivity
- Mouser Electronics, Inc.
- Waytek, Inc.
- RS Components Ltd.
- Japan Aviation Electronics Industry, Ltd.
- Speed Technology Pty Ltd
- Delphi Automotive
- Yazaki Corporation
- Sumitomo Electric Industries Ltd.
- Japan Aviation Electronics Industry, Ltd.
- Amphenol Corporation
- Molex Incorporated
- Hirose Electric Co.,Ltd
- Foxconn Technology Group (Hon Hai Precision Industry Co., Ltd.)
- JST Mfg. Co., Ltd.
- AVX Corporation
- Fischer Connectors
- ERNI International AG
- China Auto Electronics Group Limited
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Automotive Plugs Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Plugs Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Hatch Back
- Commercial Vehicle
- Light Commercial
- Heavy Commercial
Global Automotive Plugs Market, by Connection
- Wire to Wire Connection
- Wire to Board Connection
- Board to Board Connection
Global Automotive Plugs Market, by Connector System Type
- System Type
- Sealed Connector System
- Unsealed Connector System
Global Automotive Plugs Market, by Application
- Body Control and Interiors
- Safety and Security System
- Engine Control and Cooling System
- Fuel and Emission Control
Global Automotive Plugs Market, by Material
- Phosphor Bronze
- Beryllium Copper
- High Copper Alloy
Global Automotive Plugs Market, by Sales Channel
Global Automotive Plugs Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.