Automotive plugs market: Introduction
- Rising use of electrical components and systems in vehicles, attributed to increasing demand for comfort and luxury, enhanced vehicle performance, and utility features, is a key driver of the automotive plugs market
- Automotive plug, or male pin connector, is part of an automotive connector that engages with a socket or female connector. It is utilized in the vehicle to connect electrical terminals of several electrical systems by engaging with the socket of another electrical terminal/ system.
Key drivers of global automotive plugs market
- Rising concern for occupant safety in a vehicle in conjunction with safety-oriented government initiatives is driving the demand for a reliable automotive plug to connect various vehicle systems. For instance, government regulations compel automakers to incorporate seat belts and airbags in a vehicle. These safety systems require a connection system consisting of a retainer and safety restraint system connector, which is achieved through automotive plugs. Therefore, increasing demand for automotive plugs is directly influenced by increasing adoption of automotive safety systems, which in turn is driving the global automotive plugs market.
- Increasing demand for vehicle comfort and utility systems is anticipated to increase the adoption of power windows, power mirrors, HVAC, and comfort actuators. These systems are connected to ECUs, MCUs and various ICs through vehicle body electronics by using automotive plugs. Thus, increase in demand for vehicle comfort and utility fuels the demand for automotive plugs, which in turn, propels the global automotive plugs market.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Automotive Plugs Market, Request for a Sample
Concerns for functional reliability and durability of automotive plugs to hinder global automotive plugs market
- Sealed automotive plugs are placed under the hood of automobiles, while unsealed automotive plugs are placed in the vehicle cabin. Sealed plugs must have the capacity to withstand engine shocks as well as high and very low temperatures. Therefore, the global automotive plugs market is anticipated to be hindered by functional reliability and durability concerns of automotive plugs.
Asia Pacific to dominate global automotive plugs market
- Major vehicle manufacturers including Tata Motors, Dongfeng Motors, Nissan Motors. KIA Motors, Suzuki Motors, Subaru Corporation, and Mahinda and Mahindra Motors are based in Asia Pacific. These automakers are consistently focusing on improvement in vehicle technologies and investment in research and development activities that are aimed at enhancing vehicle economy and vehicle performance.
- Furthermore, Japan, China, South Korea, and India are among the top consumers of two-wheeler and three-wheeler vehicles globally. Moreover, these countries have well-established supply chain and presence of aftermarket players in the automotive industry. Therefore, the region witnesses an intense competition among automakers and aftermarket players, which in driving the automotive plugs market. All the factors mentioned above are propelling the automotive plugs market in Asia Pacific.
Key players operating in global automotive plugs market:
The global automotive plugs market is highly concentrated owing to the presence of top manufacturers. A few key players operating in the global automotive plugs market are:
- TE Connectivity
- Mouser Electronics, Inc.
- Waytek, Inc.
- RS Components Ltd.
- Japan Aviation Electronics Industry, Ltd.
- Speed Technology Pty Ltd
- Delphi Automotive
- Yazaki Corporation
- Sumitomo Electric Industries Ltd.
- Japan Aviation Electronics Industry, Ltd.
- Amphenol Corporation
- Molex Incorporated
- Hirose Electric Co.,Ltd
- Foxconn Technology Group (Hon Hai Precision Industry Co., Ltd.)
- JST Mfg. Co., Ltd.
- AVX Corporation
- Fischer Connectors
- ERNI International AG
- China Auto Electronics Group Limited
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Automotive Plugs Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Plugs Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Hatch Back
- Commercial Vehicle
- Light Commercial
- Heavy Commercial
Global Automotive Plugs Market, by Connection
- Wire to Wire Connection
- Wire to Board Connection
- Board to Board Connection
Global Automotive Plugs Market, by Connector System Type
- System Type
- Sealed Connector System
- Unsealed Connector System
Global Automotive Plugs Market, by Application
- Body Control and Interiors
- Safety and Security System
- Engine Control and Cooling System
- Fuel and Emission Control
Global Automotive Plugs Market, by Material
- Phosphor Bronze
- Beryllium Copper
- High Copper Alloy
Global Automotive Plugs Market, by Sales Channel
Global Automotive Plugs Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.