Automotive Piston Market: Introduction
- Global restrictions on vehicle fuel consumption and emissions, enacted by various regulatory authorities, are prompting automakers to improve engine efficiency. Presently, gasoline and diesel engines are expected to use less fuel and produce fewer emissions.
- Automotive component manufacturers are focused on the development of various engine components and systems including infinitely variable and incrementally variable valve train systems, camshafts, concentric shafts and engine piston. This, in turn, is expected to improve vehicle efficiency and subsequently, drive the automotive piston market.
Key Drivers of Automotive Piston Market
- Increase in environmental awareness coupled with stringent government regulations regarding vehicle fuel efficiency are prompting automakers to develop lightweight engine components including camshaft, piston, piston rings, vehicle axle, engine cylinder, crank, and crank shaft. For instance, using a cast aluminum alloy piston to manufacture piston reduces the weight of the engine assembly. Lightweight vehicle components reduce the overall weight of the vehicle. This reduced weight is likely to increase the fuel-efficiency of an engine and subsequently, boost the automotive piston market.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Automotive Piston Market, Request for a Sample
Automotive Piston Market: Restraint
- Rising trends toward electric vehicles (EVs) is likely to hinder the automotive piston market. Electric motors in EVs completely replace IC-engines, which in turn is estimated to hamper the automotive piston market.
- Most of developed and developing nations are enacting stringent regulations pertaining vehicle emissions, which are likely to prompt automakers to adopt alternate fuel technology such as electric propulsion systems. For instance, CAFÉ regulations enacted in Europe and the U.S. mandate automakers to increase the fuel-efficiency of their vehicles by 2030.
Asia Pacific to dominate automotive piston market
- In terms of region, the global automotive piston market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Latin America, Asia Pacific, and Middle East & Africa. Asia Pacific is expected to hold a major share of the global automotive piston market owing to the increase in production and sale of passenger vehicles across China, South Korea, and India.
- Asia Pacific has presence of strong economies including China, Japan, India, and South Korea among other nations. Expansion of the e-commerce industry coupled with presence of well-established supply chain network catering to shipbuilding industry, automobile productions, and heavy machinery manufacturing is increasing the demand for vehicles for material handling and cargo transportation. This, in turn, is expected to drive the automotive piston market in the region.
- However, disruptions in supply chain catering to the automobile industry, owing to shutdown of production and manufacturing facilities and raw material shortage caused by corona pandemic across the world, is estimated to contract the market in 2020. The coronavirus pandemic has hampered the global automotive piston market. The market is anticipated to recover through economic losses by increasing production volume of vehicle components as well as vehicle production in 2021. This, in turn, is projected to offer lucrative opportunity to players operating in the supply chain of the automotive piston market during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in Automotive Piston Market
The global automotive piston market is highly concentrated due to the presence of top manufacturers. A few key players operating in the automotive piston market are:
- Aisin Seiki Co., Ltd.
- Art Metal Mfg. Co. Ltd.
- Federal-Mogul Corporation
- Grover Corporation
- Hitachi Ltd.
- India Pistons & Rings Ltd.
- MAHLE GmbH
- Omega Pistons
- Rheinmetall Automotive AG
- RIKEN CORPORATION
- Samkrg Pistons & Rings
- Shriram Pistons & Rings Ltd.
- Tenneco Inc.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Automotive Piston Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Piston Market, by Application
- Two Wheelers
- Three Wheelers
- Passenger Vehicles
- Commercial Vehicles
- Light Commercial Vehicles
- Heavy Commercial Vehicles
- Buses & Coaches
Global Automotive Piston Market, by Fuel Type
Global Automotive Piston Market, by Component
- Piston Ring
- Compression Rings
- Wiper Rings
- Oil Rings
- Piston Pin
Global Automotive Piston Market, by Material Type
Global Automotive Piston Market, by Piston Coating
- Dry Film Lubricants
- Thermal Barriers
- Oil Shedding
Global Automotive Piston Market, by Piston Shape
Global Automotive Piston Market, by Sales Channel
Global Automotive Piston Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.