Automotive Optical Sensor Cleaning System Market: Introduction
- Automotive optical sensors including infrared (IR) sensors, cameras, and LiDAR are used to understand the vehicle environment and prevent hazards or accidents. Accumulation or penetration of foreign materials such as dirt, road salt, slush, snow, bugs, and several other environment-related materials causes obstruction in these sensors, which leads to degraded performance or malfunction. This creates a demand for cleaning systems that maintain sensors in optimal working conditions.
- The optical sensor cleaning system consists of a discharge port or nozzle that discharges the cleaning fluid toward the lens of the sensor. This fluid stream or spray removes foreign material collected on the lens. The sensor and the discharge port are relatively movable, which directs the cleaning fluid on the desired location of the sensor.
Key Drivers of Automotive Optical Sensor Cleaning System Market
- OEMs are increasingly investing in advanced technologies to enhance the autonomy levels of their vehicles. These new vehicles, with certain levels of autonomy, depend on the digital input obtained from multiple sensors to map the vehicle environment and in-vehicle conditions in order to assist humans in driving and rendering self-driving capabilities to the vehicle. Accumulation of dust, dirt, or grit on these sensors hampers their efficiency to generate accurate input signal; consequently, OEMs are installing sensor cleaning systems. For instance, AUDI AG incorporated a cleaning system for laser scanners on its Q8 variant launched in 2019. Thus, growing autonomy levels of vehicles through the use of multiple sensors is fuelling the automotive optical sensor cleaning system market across the globe.
- Transportation regulatory agencies of various nations have mandated the use of some form of optical sensors in every automobile for safety and convenience purposes. For instance, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) of the U.S. has mandated the installation of rear view camera system technology on all light vehicles manufactured after May 2018. Furthermore, the European Parliament has issued a regulation to equip some essential Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) on all motor vehicles. These favorable regulatory transformations have increased the number of optical sensors mounted on vehicles, thereby boosting the global automotive optical sensor cleaning system market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Automotive Optical Sensor Cleaning System Market: Challenges
- On-going technological advancements in the electronics industry has led to the emergence of advanced photoelectric optical sensors such, as thru-beam, retroreflective, and reflective sensors, with high degree of protection that comply with the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) standards. These protective elements reduce or eliminate the penetration of dust, dirt, or any other foreign material in optical sensors, thereby hampering the global automotive optical sensor cleaning system market. Critically located sensors, such as the rear view camera of Volkswagen AG which is placed under the logo of vehicle, makes them inaccessible for cleaning systems. This, in turn, hinders the application of these systems. Moreover, OEMs are exploring innovative aerodynamics on their vehicles that redirect the air on sensors and avoids accumulation of dust or dirt, thereby further decreasing the demand for automotive optical sensor cleaning systems.
North America to hold Significant Share of Global Automotive Optical Sensor Cleaning System Market
- North America accounts for a prominent share of the global automotive optical sensor cleaning market owing to the high number of automobile owners in the developed countries of the region due to their soaring disposable incomes. High demand in the region has prompted local automotive fluid management system suppliers to develop novel sensor cleaning systems. For instance, in December 2019, dlhBOWLES launched an automotive camera and sensor cleaning system. Additionally, on-going autonomous vehicle developments in North America have fueled the application of optical sensor cleaning systems. For instance, Ford Motor Company has developed an automatic sensor cleaning system, called Tiara, for autonomous vehicles. Similarly, General Motors has partnered with a team from the Duke University to develop optical sensor cleaning systems for its autonomous vehicles. Thus, the emergence of new market players coupled with developments in autonomous vehicles is propelling the share held by North America in the global automotive optical sensor cleaning system market
Key Players Operating in Automotive Optical Sensor Cleaning System Market
The automotive optical sensor cleaning system market is expanding consistently, as a large number of players operate in the market. A few of the key players operating in the automotive optical sensor cleaning system market are:
- Actasys, Inc.
- Continental AG
- Ficosa Internacional SA
- Kendrion N.V.
- SEEVA Technologies, Inc.
- Textron Inc.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Automotive Optical Sensor Cleaning System Market, Request for a Sample
Global Automotive Optical Sensor Cleaning System Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Optical Sensor Cleaning System Market, by Propulsion
- Internal Combustion Engine (ICE)
- Battery Electric Vehicle(BEV)
- Hybrid Electric Vehicle (HEV)
Global Automotive Optical Sensor Cleaning System Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Commercial Vehicle
Global Automotive Optical Sensor Cleaning System Market, by Cleaning Medium
Global Automotive Optical Sensor Cleaning System Market, by Application
- IR sensors
Global Automotive Optical Sensor Cleaning System Market, by Nozzle Type
Global Automotive Optical Sensor Cleaning System Market, by Sales Channel
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.