Global Automotive Oil Sump Market: Introduction
- Material technology and design of the oil sump is gradually evolving to cater to the demand for fuel-efficient vehicles. Trend of using plastics and composites in the oil sump is increasing, as complex, intricate shapes and designs can be manufactured at low cost by using plastics and composites.
- The oil sump or oil pan is a tray that covers the lower part of the engine and contains the oil required for the engine oil. The oil sump also performs the function of cooling and defoaming the heated oil.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Automotive Oil Sump Market
- Rise in demand for personal transport worldwide is driving the sales of passenger vehicles globally, which in turn is boosting the automotive oil sump market. Expansion of the auto industry in Mexico, Brazil, and India is projected to boost the automotive oil sump market in these countries. Rising sales of SUVs and hatchbacks and easy availability of various financing options are estimated to boost the demand for vehicles and subsequently, drive the automotive oil sump market.
- Rising demand from automakers for compact and lightweight designs is fueling the sales of plastic oil sumps, which in turn is estimated to drive the automotive oil sump market. Increasing stringency of emissions regulations across the globe and rising consumer awareness about fuel economy have led to the development of the light weight oil sumps.
- Adoption of battery electric vehicles is likely to hamper the automotive oil sump market, as the absence of internal combustion engine in an electric vehicle eliminates the need for engine lubrication. However, lubrication of transmission and motor would still be required and hence, the oil sump is not expected to be replaced entirely.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Non-structural oil sump segment to expand significantly
- The structural oil pan segment is estimated to hold a leading share; however, the non-structural oil sump segment is anticipated to expand significantly during the forecast period. The non-structural oil sump is made of two pieces - a stamped steel lower piece and a cast aluminum upper part, which lowers oil vapor and reduces the weight and cost.
Plastic oil sump segment to witness considerable expansion
- Aluminum and steel oil sump segments held leading shares of the automotive oil sump market in 2018, due to higher preference and extensive use of these sumps in vehicles. The plastic oil sump segment is projected to expand considerably during the forecast period, owing to significantly high demand for plastic sump as the auto industry shifts toward the adoption of fuel-efficient vehicles.
Passenger vehicle segment to hold leading share of the automotive oil sump market
- Based on vehicle type, the passenger vehicle segment is estimated to dominate the automotive oil sump market during the forecast period, owing to their higher production volumes of passenger vehicles. Rising sales of passenger vehicles in developing countries is anticipated to further drive the demand for oil sumps in passenger vehicles.
Aftermarket segment to account for notable share of automotive oil sump market
- The oil sump being located in the undercarriage of the vehicle is subject to corrosion from water and road salts, abrasion due to stone, gravel, and dust. Consequently, it requires replacement in case of an oil leak. Therefore, the aftermarket segment holds a leading share of the automotive oil sump market.
Asia Pacific to lead global automotive oil sump market
- In terms of region, the global automotive oil sump market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific leads the global automotive oil sump market owing to the emergence of China as leading producer of the vehicles globally. Asia Pacific is followed by Europe and North America, which hold significant shares of the global market. The market in Latin America is estimated to expand significantly owing to rising vehicle production in Mexico and Brazil.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Automotive Oil Sump Market, ask for a customized report
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
The global automotive oil sump market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Dana Limited
- MAHLE GmbH
- Magna International Inc.
- MANN+ HUMMEL
- Plastic Omnium
Global Automotive Oil Sump Market, by Product Type
Global Automotive Oil Sump Market, by Material Type
- Plastic / composites
Global Automotive Oil Sump Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Light Commercial Vehicle
- Heavy Commercial Vehicle
Global Automotive Oil Sump Market, by Sales Channel
Global Automotive Oil Sump Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.