Automotive NVH Testing Market: Introduction
- Noise, Vibration and Harshness (NVH) is the study of an object or component by understanding it under varied modifications of voice and vibrations. Automotive NVH testing is primarily carried out to design, minimize, and provide quality assertion of the vehicle’s interior and exterior noise. NVH testing is conducted on various automotive systems including interior & exterior acoustics, intake & exhaust noise, engine acoustics, brake noise, noises from auxiliaries such as HVAC, batteries, inverters, or noise related to system integration among others.
- A vehicle creating loud noise and vibrations influences comfort and the perception of quality toward a particular vehicle model/brand and therefore, excessive or unpleasant vibrations and sound hamper the automaker’s brand image. Therefore, NVH engineering consistently engages in the design and reduction of the impact of NVH on vehicle sub-systems. Enactment of stringent legislation and regulation pertaining to vehicles is prompting the automotive industry to address particular NVH challenges on component, subsystem, and full-vehicle level.
Key Drivers of Automotive NVH Testing Market
- Technological advancements in terms of NVH testing instruments, which offer thorough NVH testing of vehicle components and sub-systems, is likely to boost the automotive NVH testing market. For instance, on March 5, 2020, Brüel & Kjær, a leading global supplier of advanced technology for measuring and managing the quality of sound and vibration, released a new version, 2019.1, of its NVH Simulator. This upgrade release brings an expanded ability to model electric and hybrid vehicles, along with over 200 other improvements and enhancements. Additionally, automakers can identify the tonal harmonics in electric vehicles and can resynthesize them in real-time with this upgraded NVH Simulator software.
- Health issues caused due to the loud noise of vehicles has resulted in the enactment of regulations on testing and inspection by governments of various countries. This is expected to boost the automotive NVH testing market during the forecast period.
- Rising trends toward comfortable and luxurious vehicles among consumers is expected to propel the demand for automotive NVH testing. Increased competition among vehicle manufacturers is prompting automakers to extensively focus on increasing vehicle NVH rating and avoid noise and vibrations in order to obtain a competitive edge over other rivals. This, in turn, is likely to propel the automotive NVH testing market during the forecast period.
- Rise in applications of simulation-based solutions in various industry verticals for increased cost-effectiveness could help boost NVH testing in domain specific offerings. For instance, Altair, a simulation-based company, provides NVH based simulation solutions to its customers. Additionally, Dewesoft Company introduced KRYPTONi-8xLA, which is a rugged, multichannel, and low current measurement module. This device is used for data collection in control applications requiring an input current range of ±20 mA. Such developments are likely to enable automakers to test their vehicle models against number of NHV parameters and acquire higher NVH rating for their vehicle models.
- However, limited availability of database inhibits regular upgrade of the system, which is anticipated to hamper the automotive NVH testing market during the forecast period
North America and Europe cumulatively to account for prominent share of global automotive NVH testing market
- In terms of region, the global Automotive NVH Testing Market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Latin America, Asia Pacific, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is expected to dominate the NVH testing market in 2020. North America is a leading region, in terms of adoption of advanced technology, wherein major automotive and aerospace & defense companies have established their manufacturing plants and offices. This has resulted in increased R&D on NVH testing as compared to that in other regions. Therefore, North America witnesses increased demand for NVH testing solutions, thereby accounting for notable market share.
- Additionally, a surge in the demand for premium cars with advanced infotainment systems in North America is expected to boost the automotive NVH market during the forecast period as significant portion of semiconductor content is consumed by these luxury cars for enhanced safety, comfort, and connectivity features within vehicles, which require NVH testing.
Key Players Operating in Automotive NVH Testing Market
The global automotive NVH testing market is concentrated owing to the presence of top manufacturers. A few key players operating in the global automotive NVH testing market are:
- Benstone Instruments
- BRÜEL & KJÆR
- Econ Technologies
- Erbessed Reliability
- ESI Group
- GRAS Sound & Vibration
- Head Acoustics, imc
- IMV Corporation
- Kistler Group
- m+p international
- National Instruments
- Siemens PLM Software
- Test & Measurement
- Other Key players
Global Automotive NVH Testing Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive NVH Testing Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Commercial Vehicles
Global Automotive NVH Testing Market, by Type
Global Automotive NVH Testing Market, by Application
- Environmental Noise Measurement
- Mechanical Vibration Testing
- Noise Source Mapping
- Pass-by Noise Testing
- Product Vibration Testing
- Sound Intensity Measurement
- Sound Quality Testing
Global Automotive NVH Testing Market, by End-use Industry
- Aerospace & Defense
- Construction & Mining
- Material Handling/ Industrial Equipment
Global Automotive NVH Testing Market, by Region
- North America
- Nordic Countries
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.