Automotive Navigation Solutions Market: Introduction
- Automotive navigation solutions are systems that are installed in an automobile that provide live location of the automobile via global positioning system (GPS) technology.
- The automotive navigation solution can be defined as an advisor of the vehicle from a starting point of a journey to the end point. It provides an optimal route with the help of satellite-based radio navigation systems.
- Automotive navigation solutions use embedded navigation systems and offer various advanced features such as live traffic reports, voice guidance, over-the-air updates, and POI (point of interest) search, which optimizes the driving experience.
- Automotive navigation solutions provide driving assistance, which becomes more advanced with every new solution that is developed. Automotive navigation solutions can show safe spots for resting and drivers can make stops more often.
- The adoption of automotive navigation solutions is expected to increase among end-users, as it provides live traffic monitoring, and a major goal of automotive navigation solutions is to enhance the management and safety of road traffic.
Automotive Navigation Solutions Market: Dynamics
Automotive Navigation Solutions Market: Key Drivers
- Automotive navigation solution offer an alternative route to the driver, based on his preference for the cheapest, fastest, or the most convenient route. It also helps the driver to avoid tolls, ferries, borders, etc.
- Automotive navigation solutions provide direction, which includes visual data on screen along with voice instructions so that the driver can focus on driving. The voice system alerts about the street name, and direction of turn. It also alerts the driver about toll roads and traffic congestion ahead.
- The automotive navigation system can also be utilized offline, especially when the driver travels to a remote area. The only disadvantage in offline navigation is it does not show live traffic reports on screen; however, the GPS solution helps the driver reach his desired destination.
- The automotive navigation system provides information about on road conditions and the estimated time that would be required to reach the destination
Impact of COVID-19 on Global Automotive Navigation Solutions Market
- Increasing cases of COVID-19 across the globe have led to an economic slowdown. Developed countries are strongly affected by the pandemic. COVID-19 has had a negative impact on automotive navigation solutions market. Some companies have withheld all investments in advanced business solutions and tools due to the low return on investment.
Europe to Hold Major Share of Global Automotive Navigation Solutions Market
- In terms of region, the global automotive navigation solutions market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- Europe dominated the global automotive navigation solutions market in 2020. Governments of several countries across Europe are planning to ensure that all cars be connected with GPS systems. Moreover, early adoption of advanced technologies and digital platform solutions to enhance productivity is likely to further propel the automobile navigation solutions market in the region.
Key Players Operating in the Global Automotive Navigation Solutions Market
DENSO CORPORATION was incorporated in 1949 and is headquartered in Aichi, Japan. The company engages in the manufacture of automotive systems and components as well as home appliances and industrial products. It also provides diesel, gasoline, electric vehicle, hybrid, and motor generators, power control units, vehicle dynamic control, and cockpit information. The company offers its products and services across the globe.
Alpine Electronics was incorporated in 1967 and is headquartered in Tokyo, Japan. The company specializes in the manufacture of automobile electrical equipment. It also manufactures car navigation systems, car audio equipment, and information and communications equipment. The company offers its products and services worldwide.
Other key players operating in the global automotive navigation solutions market include Harman International Industries, Inc., Clarion, Continental Reifen Deutschland GmbH, Aisin AW Co. Ltd., TomTom International BV, JVC Kenwood Corporation, Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, and Panasonic Corporation.
Automotive Navigation Solutions Market: Research Scope
Automotive Navigation Solutions Market, by Sales Channel TYPE
Automotive Navigation Solutions Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Type
- Commercial Vehicles
Automotive Navigation Solutions Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!