Automotive Millimeter Wave Radar System: Introduction
- The automotive millimeter wave radar system employs short wavelength electromagnetic waves to determine the velocity and range of moving objects. The main advantage of an automotive millimeter wave radar system is that it can detect a signal within a short distance.
- The automotive millimeter wave radar system operating between 76 and 81 GHz and has the ability to detect movements that are as small as a millimeter. Texas Instrument Inc. (TI) has developed a special class of millimeter wave technology, known as frequency modulated continuous wave (FMCW). The FMCW radar transmits a frequency signal continuously, which is expected to measure the range as well as velocity of an object.
Key Drivers of Automotive Millimeter Wave Radar System Market
- Increased adoption of wireless technology and mobile connectivity in vehicles in the last few years is projected to fuel the automotive millimeter radar system market. Rise in Demand of advanced technology in vehicle including perimeter monitoring system, lane departure warning system, is estimated to boost the automotive millimeter wave radar system market.
- Various original equipment manufacturers and Tier-1 suppliers are trying to integrate various technologies, including adaptive cruise control and pedestrian protection system, in vehicles, which in turn is projected to propel the automotive millimeter wave radar system market. Demand for data transfer through various sources including mobile and wireless networks is increasing rapidly, which is estimated to boost the automotive millimeter wave radar system market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
North America & Europe to hold prominent share of automotive millimeter wave radar system market
- North America is expected to account for a notable share of the global automotive millimeter wave radar system market, as installation of 4G LTE is widespread across the region. Furthermore, majority of research and development activities is concentrated in North America, which in turn is likely to further fuel the automotive millimeter wave radar system market in the region.
- Following North America, Europe is also projected to hold a major share of the global automotive millimeter wave radar system market due to the increase in adoption of various technologies including NXP Semiconductor which is one of the leading company for secure connectivity solution across the Europe. Most Tier-1 suppliers are based in Europe, including Robert Bosch and Continental AG who are working on automotive millimeter wave radar system. This, in turn, is estimated to drive the automotive millimeter wave radar system market in Europe.
Key players operating in automotive millimeter wave radar system market
The automotive millimeter wave radar system market is highly concentrated owing to the presence of top manufacturers. A few of the key players operating in the global automotive millimeter wave radar system market are:
- Bridegewave Communications
- E-Band Communications
- Siklu Communication Ltd
- L3 Technologies Inc.
- NEC Corporation
- Smiths Group Plc.
- Continental AG
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Delphi Technologies
- Denso Corporation
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Automotive Millimeter Wave Radar System Market, Request for a Sample
Global Automotive Millimeter Wave Radar System Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Millimeter Wave Radar System Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Commercial vehicle
- Light Commercial Vehicle
- Heavy Commercial Vehicle
Global Automotive Millimeter Wave Radar System Market, by Component
- Trans receiver Component
- Analog- Digital Convert ( ADC)
Global Automotive Millimeter Wave Radar System Market, by System
- Perimeter Surveillance Radar System
- Application Specific Radar System
- Satellite Communication System
Global Automotive Millimeter Wave Radar System Market, by Frequency Band
- 24-57 GHz
- 57-86 GHz
- E Band
- V Band
- 86-300 GHz
Global Automotive Millimeter Wave Radar System Market, by Technology
- Silicon Germanium BiCOMS
- RF CMOS ( Complementary metal oxide semiconductor)
Global Automotive Millimeter Wave Radar System Market, by License Type
- Light Licensed Frequency Millimeter Wave
- Unlicensed Frequency Millimeter Wave
- Fully Licensed Frequency Millimeter Wave
Global Automotive Millimeter Wave Radar System Market, by Sales Channel
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.