An automotive liftgate is a mechanical arrangement mounted at the rear end of a vehicle in order to facilitate loading and unloading of material and cargo. Liftgates are also known as tail lifts. Generally, fork lifts are used for loading and unloading of components and materials from vehicles to the ground or vice versa. Liftgates reduce the necessity for using fork lifts. They can be found in a wide range of applications in the transportation industry and for disposal purposes.
An expansion in the construction and agriculture industries is fueling demand for commercial vehicles across the globe. Increased demand for transportation is primarily driving the demand for automotive liftgates. Automotive liftgates eliminate the use of forklifts for loading and unloading of cargo and heavy materials into trucks and other vehicles. They reduce the distance between the loading dock and the vehicle load bed. These advantages are driving demand for automotive liftgates.
However, automotive liftgates are made of metal or composite material. This leads to their increased cost and weight. These factors are likely to primarily restrain the global automotive liftgates market.
The global automotive liftgates market can be segmented based on operation, type, material, manufacturing process, vehicle, sales channel, and region. Based on operation, the global automotive liftgates market can be segmented into three categories. The hydraulic liftgates segment accounts for a major share of the global automotive liftgates market. Hydraulic liftgates are efficient, fast, and reliable in operation. Therefore, several liftgate manufacturers and consumers prefer hydraulic liftgates. Mechanical liftgates are cost effective. However, they are not preferred by consumers, owing to their slow and ineffective performance.
In terms of type, the global automotive liftgates market can be segmented into four categories. Colum liftgates are specially designed for 3 to 5 ton vehicles. These liftgates are light in weight but are able to handle significant load because of their rigid columns and aluminum structure. Cantilever liftgates are widely used because of their compactness, light weight, and superior performance.
Based on material, the global automotive liftgates market can be classified into two segments. Vehicle manufacturers are focused on reducing vehicle weight in order to meet the stringent emission norms set by governing bodies. This is propelling demand for liftgates made of composite materials. Composite materials offer superior strength and a marginally lower weight. In terms of manufacturing process, the global automotive liftgates market can be divided into three segments. Stamping is a widely preferred method of manufacturing liftgates. The manufacturing process provides uniform stress and strength distribution. The method is less time consuming and, therefore, preferred by a majority of liftgates manufacturers.
Based on vehicle, the global automotive liftgates market can be categorized into two prime segments. Liftgates are primarily used in commercial vehicles in applications such as transporting construction equipment, cargo, heavy components, and vehicles. Besides commercial vehicles, liftgates are prominently used in SUVs. An increase in the use of SUVs for transporting light goods and components is fueling demand for liftgates. In terms of distribution channel, the OEM segment holds a major share of the global automotive liftgates market. Several liftgate manufacturers operate in the aftermarket for automotive liftgates. These manufacturers provide tailor made liftgate solutions for consumers.
Based on region, the global automotive liftgates market can be segmented into five prominent regions. North America dominates the automotive liftgates market. A vast mining and oil & gas industry, expanding agriculture industry, and increased transportation have resulted in an increase in demand for commercial vehicles across North America. This, in turn, is boosting demand for automotive liftgates. Expansion in the transportation sector and increase in the use of vehicles for agriculture are propelling the automotive liftgates market across Asia Pacific.
Key players operating in the global automotive liftgates market are Plastic Omnium, Magna International Inc., Anthony Liftgates, Inc., Woodbine Manufacturing Co. Inc., Brose Fahrzeugteile GmbH & Co. KG, Palfinger AG, Cargotec Corporation, Leyman Manufacturing, Inc., Anteo, TVH Group, Patron Group Ltd, and Thermo King.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.