Automotive Intelligent Lighting: Introduction
- Rise in preference for active safety features in automotive has steered the development of intelligent lighting. Presently, a transition has been witnessed in automotive industry where vehicles are getting shifted from conventional lighting system to smart, advanced, and more intelligent automotive lighting.
- Automotive intelligent lighting enhances light distribution from the headlights as per vehicle driving circumstances. Depending on vehicle steering input and speed, the automotive intelligent lighting points the low-beam headlights toward the direction the chauffeur intends to drive. While adjusting the illumination during switching lights on and off, the automotive intelligent lighting uses artificial intelligence.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Automotive Intelligent Lighting Market
- Automotive intelligent lighting redirects low-beam headlamp units in accordance with the vehicle speed and steering angle at night to improve visibility during cornering
- Driving a vehicle has become a safer operation with the advent of automotive intelligent lighting, as it assists the driver in case of poor visibility in extreme weather conditions by optimizing the distribution of light according to the requirement
- Automotive intelligent lighting is a part of advanced driver assistance system (ADAS) that changes the vehicle lighting pattern during a drive on a winding road in order to compensate for the road curvature, thereby enhancing night visibility. This is projected to augment the demand for automotive intelligent lighting in the near future.
- Increase in support through stringent government safety regulations across the world to integrate safety automotive features such as ADAS in vehicles supplemented with rise in road fatalities due to poor night vision is anticipated to foster the automotive intelligent lighting market during the forecast period
- Automotive intelligent lighting consists of high intensity discharge headlamp ballast, body leveling sensor, angular sensor, actuators, control module, and headlamp turning driving mechanism. The linkage within these equipment is compulsory, this in turn, makes it a complex system to operate and an expensive affair.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
LED Segment to Witness High Demand
- Based on technology, the global automotive intelligent lighting market can be classified into LED, halogen, and xenon. The LED segment accounted for prominent share of the market in 2018 and is likely to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period.
- Light-emitting diodes (LEDs) consume less energy compared to other options and are significantly more efficient than the conventional ones fitted in automotive
- Continuous decline in cost of LED lighting for automotive coupled with its multiple applications in vehicle interior lighting is prompting and encouraging the automakers to incorporate intelligent lighting for automotive using LED
Adaptive Headlight Segment has Significant Growth Potential
- In terms of product type, the global automotive intelligent lighting market can be segregated into adaptive headlight and intelligent ambient lighting
- Adaptive headlight segment is anticipated to expand at a significant growth rate during the forecast period. Growth of the segment can be primarily attributed to its application to offer superior visibility during night time.
- Adaptive headlight improves the control and visibility in the focused direction and provides low beams lighting distribution according to the movement of steering wheel during cornering or turning at various speeds at night. This is projected to boost the segment growth in the near future.
Europe to Lead Global Automotive Intelligent Lighting Market
- In terms of region, the global automotive intelligent lighting market can be divided into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Europe is projected to witness substantial demand for automotive intelligent lightings between 2019 and 2027. The safety norms and policies pertaining to passenger safety set by the European regulatory bodies such as ‘Euro Standards’ are expected to become tighter in the near future. This is likely to mandate the automakers to integrate ADAS in the vehicles produced, thereby encouraging the growth of automotive intelligent lighting during the forecast period. Moreover, presence of top automakers and OEMs, availability of components, and development of precise and advanced products in the region are boosting the growth of automotive intelligent lighting in Europe.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Automotive Intelligent Lighting Market, ask for a customized report
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
The global automotive Intelligent Lighting market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- GENERAL ELECTRIC
- Hella KGaA Hueck & Co.
- Ichikoh Industries Ltd.
- Magneti Marelli S.p.A
- Texas Instruments Incorporated
- OSRAM Licht AG
- KOITO MANUFACTURING CO., LTD.
- J.W. Speaker Corporation
- STANLEY ELECTRIC CO., LTD.
- Neolite ZKW
- Continental AG
- De Amertek Corp
- Denso Corporation
- Johnson Electric
- Hyundai Mobis
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Fraunhofer- Gesellschaft
Global Automotive Intelligent Lighting Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Intelligent Lighting Market, by Technology
Global Automotive Intelligent Lighting Market, by Product Type
- Adaptive Headlight
- Intelligent Ambient Lighting
Global Automotive Intelligent Lighting Market, by Application
- Exterior Lighting
- Interior Lighting
Global Automotive Intelligent Lighting Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Commercial Vehicle
Global Automotive Intelligent Lighting Market, by Sales Channel
Global Automotive Intelligent Lighting Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.