Automotive Intelligent Lighting: Introduction
- Rise in preference for active safety features in automotive has steered the development of intelligent lighting. Presently, a transition has been witnessed in automotive industry where vehicles are getting shifted from conventional lighting system to smart, advanced, and more intelligent automotive lighting.
- Automotive intelligent lighting enhances light distribution from the headlights as per vehicle driving circumstances. Depending on vehicle steering input and speed, the automotive intelligent lighting points the low-beam headlights toward the direction the chauffeur intends to drive. While adjusting the illumination during switching lights on and off, the automotive intelligent lighting uses artificial intelligence.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Automotive Intelligent Lighting Market
- Automotive intelligent lighting redirects low-beam headlamp units in accordance with the vehicle speed and steering angle at night to improve visibility during cornering
- Driving a vehicle has become a safer operation with the advent of automotive intelligent lighting, as it assists the driver in case of poor visibility in extreme weather conditions by optimizing the distribution of light according to the requirement
- Automotive intelligent lighting is a part of advanced driver assistance system (ADAS) that changes the vehicle lighting pattern during a drive on a winding road in order to compensate for the road curvature, thereby enhancing night visibility. This is projected to augment the demand for automotive intelligent lighting in the near future.
- Increase in support through stringent government safety regulations across the world to integrate safety automotive features such as ADAS in vehicles supplemented with rise in road fatalities due to poor night vision is anticipated to foster the automotive intelligent lighting market during the forecast period
- Automotive intelligent lighting consists of high intensity discharge headlamp ballast, body leveling sensor, angular sensor, actuators, control module, and headlamp turning driving mechanism. The linkage within these equipment is compulsory, this in turn, makes it a complex system to operate and an expensive affair.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
LED Segment to Witness High Demand
- Based on technology, the global automotive intelligent lighting market can be classified into LED, halogen, and xenon. The LED segment accounted for prominent share of the market in 2018 and is likely to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period.
- Light-emitting diodes (LEDs) consume less energy compared to other options and are significantly more efficient than the conventional ones fitted in automotive
- Continuous decline in cost of LED lighting for automotive coupled with its multiple applications in vehicle interior lighting is prompting and encouraging the automakers to incorporate intelligent lighting for automotive using LED
Adaptive Headlight Segment has Significant Growth Potential
- In terms of product type, the global automotive intelligent lighting market can be segregated into adaptive headlight and intelligent ambient lighting
- Adaptive headlight segment is anticipated to expand at a significant growth rate during the forecast period. Growth of the segment can be primarily attributed to its application to offer superior visibility during night time.
- Adaptive headlight improves the control and visibility in the focused direction and provides low beams lighting distribution according to the movement of steering wheel during cornering or turning at various speeds at night. This is projected to boost the segment growth in the near future.
Europe to Lead Global Automotive Intelligent Lighting Market
- In terms of region, the global automotive intelligent lighting market can be divided into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Europe is projected to witness substantial demand for automotive intelligent lightings between 2019 and 2027. The safety norms and policies pertaining to passenger safety set by the European regulatory bodies such as ‘Euro Standards’ are expected to become tighter in the near future. This is likely to mandate the automakers to integrate ADAS in the vehicles produced, thereby encouraging the growth of automotive intelligent lighting during the forecast period. Moreover, presence of top automakers and OEMs, availability of components, and development of precise and advanced products in the region are boosting the growth of automotive intelligent lighting in Europe.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Automotive Intelligent Lighting Market, ask for a customized report
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
The global automotive Intelligent Lighting market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- GENERAL ELECTRIC
- Hella KGaA Hueck & Co.
- Ichikoh Industries Ltd.
- Magneti Marelli S.p.A
- Texas Instruments Incorporated
- OSRAM Licht AG
- KOITO MANUFACTURING CO., LTD.
- J.W. Speaker Corporation
- STANLEY ELECTRIC CO., LTD.
- Neolite ZKW
- Continental AG
- De Amertek Corp
- Denso Corporation
- Johnson Electric
- Hyundai Mobis
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Fraunhofer- Gesellschaft
Global Automotive Intelligent Lighting Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Intelligent Lighting Market, by Technology
Global Automotive Intelligent Lighting Market, by Product Type
- Adaptive Headlight
- Intelligent Ambient Lighting
Global Automotive Intelligent Lighting Market, by Application
- Exterior Lighting
- Interior Lighting
Global Automotive Intelligent Lighting Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Commercial Vehicle
Global Automotive Intelligent Lighting Market, by Sales Channel
Global Automotive Intelligent Lighting Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.